2020 One Magical Weekend at the Walt Disney World Resort has been Cancelled

dano4

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
In just shy of 150 days, we'll be celebrating with One Magical Weekend @ the Walt Disney World Resort! Similar to the past six years, we'll be hosting a monorail crawl before the start of the events of One Magical Weekend. This year, the crawl will be held on Wednesday, June 3rd and further details will be posted soon. Time is ticking so book your room and park tickets today!

One Magical Weekend

Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl

I believe I heard that Margaritaville (the host resort?) is now a Good Neighbor Hotel.

This event has been cancelled due to precautions being taken with regard to the Covid-19 outbreak.

Itinerary for the 2020 Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl

The seventh annual Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl will be held on Wednesday, June 03, 2020. It's the perfect way to kickoff the One Magical Weekend celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort. Come connect with old friends and maybe meet some new ones too.
  • We'll begin at 7:00 PM at Outer Rim located inside Disney's Contemporary Resort. Join us at this Bay Lake overlook and order your first drink with some fellow Disney fans before boarding the world famous monorail for an evening you're sure to remember.
  • Around 8:15 PM, we'll board the monorail and head over to Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Order yourself a Shrunken Zombie Head, a Mosquito Mojito, or a Kona Beer Flight and carry on the conversation with friends then catch a glimpse of Happily Ever After (beginning at 9:15 PM).
  • At 10:00 PM, we'll board the monorail and head to our final destination located inside Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Upon exiting the monorail, join us at the Enchanted Rose. We're excited for this one as it's the first time our crawl will visit the lounge that's inspired by Beauty and the Beast. Will your night cap be the Island Rose, the Lavender Fog, or the Rye Not? Don't forget to join us on the grand staircase for a group photo!
  • For those that want to begin even earlier, at 5:00 PM, I'll be grabbing dinner at Geyser Point Bar & Grill located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Feel free to join me for a burger and a beer.
I hope that you will join us and please pass this on to your friends that aren't part of the DIS. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and be sure to join Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl on Facebook.

Last edited:

Who all will be there for gay days this year? My DH and I will be arriving May 30th staying until June 10th. We're staying at Coronado with a group of our friends. Can't wait for Drink Around the World!

I've stayed at the contempo many times and everytime my inner 8th grader always laughs at the name of the "outer rim".....it's like the word moist. Sorry....back to serious adult planning now. I hope you all have the a great time.

Who all will be there for gay days this year? My DH and I will be arriving May 30th staying until June 10th. We're staying at Coronado with a group of our friends. Can't wait for Drink Around the World!
I'm at Coronado every year, RedsDrew. Are you on the FB group? Would love to say hey.

Itinerary for the 2020 Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl
The seventh annual Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl will be held on Wednesday, June 03, 2020. It's the perfect way to kickoff the One Magical Weekend celebration at the Walt Disney World Resort. Come connect with old friends and maybe meet some new ones too.
  • We'll begin at 7:00 PM at Outer Rim located inside Disney's Contemporary Resort. Join us at this Bay Lake overlook and order your first drink with some fellow Disney fans before boarding the world famous monorail for an evening you're sure to remember.
  • Around 8:15 PM, we'll board the monorail and head over to Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Order yourself a Shrunken Zombie Head, a Mosquito Mojito, or a Kona Beer Flight and carry on the conversation with friends then catch a glimpse of Happily Ever After (beginning at 9:15 PM).
  • At 10:00 PM, we'll board the monorail and head to our final destination located inside Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Upon exiting the monorail, join us at the Enchanted Rose. We're excited for this one as it's the first time our crawl will visit the lounge that's inspired by Beauty and the Beast. Will your night cap be the Island Rose, the Lavender Fog, or the Rye Not? Don't forget to join us on the grand staircase for a group photo!
  • For those that want to begin even earlier, at 5:00 PM, I'll be grabbing dinner at Geyser Point Bar & Grill located at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Feel free to join me for a burger and a beer.
I hope that you will join us and please pass this on to your friends that aren't part of the DIS. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and be sure to join Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl on Facebook.

This sounds like so much fun. I'll be arriving on 6/3/2020 early afternoon, I'll see you there...

Due to precautions regarding the Covid-19 outbreak, we have decided to cancel the 2020 Gay Pride Disney Monorail Crawl. Though we are saddened by having to cancel this year's event, we are optimistic that the tradition will continue in 2021 and we hope to see you all then.

It's sort of strange that One Magical Weekend made the decision to cancel, but Gay Days is still going on (according to their website) and still taking reservations at Margaritaville. Maybe they are waiting until Disney makes an official decision? But I have to think there is a decent overlap of crowds between these events, so the cancellation of OMW will lead to less folks at their parties & events, and in turn less income.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter