2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

I'm in for the challenge. That's what I wanted anyway, but I'm kinda pissed about this. They should have given us more than a day's notice. What if someone was away from their computer/phone for a few days and didn't see the news about registration until after it opened (which was actually the case for me)? Or what if someone couldn't change their schedule around last-minute to be available when registration opened and couldn't find someone to register for them? I think it's kinda crappy that they didn't give people a week or so notice (at least) to get everything together.

Sigh. Oh runDisney, when will you stop disappointing me...

Last edited:
Registered for the Challenge - only got in because I was looking at these forums yesterday to commiserate with others that would have been at ESPN picking up bibs with us for the 5th SW race today (we’re perfect SW and Kessel). Our local half the following weekend has been postponed and the Universal Hollywood Trolls run we registered for was cancelled so virtual is the only option for running bling right now. Did Dopey back in January last minute (whew!) - hoping DLP race weekend in September still on so we can get perfect Castle to Chateau. Good luck to all and stay safe running!

I'm in for the challenge. That's what I wanted anyway, but I'm kinda pissed about this. They should have given us more than a day's notice. What if someone was away from their computer/phone for a few days and didn't see the news about registration until after it opened (which was actually the case for me)? Or what if someone couldn't change their schedule around last-minute to be available when registration opened and couldn't find someone to register for them? I think it's kinda crappy that they didn't give people a week or so notice (at least) to get everything together.

Sigh. Oh runDisney, when will you stop disappointing me...
I signed up for the challenge, too. I had started looking at the Virtual series after Star Wars was cancelled, and checked the RunDisney website pretty much daily waiting for sign-up information. I eventually gave up figuring they weren't able to get the medals from closed factories in China. If I hadn't seen someone mention it on Facebook on Wednesday, I would have missed registration opening.

If anyone is interested, it looks like they opened up the Space Mountain virtual run registration again. . . .

I suspect it may be a website glitch. The space mountain race currently shows available, but if you click the registration link it is listed as Sold out. If you immediately go back to the website and refresh, it's available. :confused3

I suspect it may be a website glitch. The space mountain race currently shows available, but if you click the registration link it is listed as Sold out. If you immediately go back to the website and refresh, it's available. :confused3

Same thing happened with the Star Wars one, I think it's a glitch.

I got in on the Challenge today!! So excited. Loove the medals. I need races to help motivated me and my normal local runs are canceled or will cancel. This is my first virtual runs ever, how long does it take to get the swag?

My wife told me to sign u for the challenge (3 5k is not a huge deal for me) as she said it would a great reminder of the time plus I am absolutely excited for some of the medals. I don't medal hunt but yes I am this time

The Virtual Series Home Kit and the Bibs are already online. Isn't this series usually run during the summer (June/July/August)? Am I missing something? :scratchin

I've never done the Virtual Series before, but decided to go for the challenge since: 1) the medals are cool; 2) I'm supposed to be running Star Wars right now; 3) I'd like something from this year that says "5 years running" since my 5th anniversary Star Wars and 5th anniversary DLP C2C plan failed spectacularly. :laughing:

The Virtual Series Home Kit and the Bibs are already online. Isn't this series usually run during the summer (June/July/August)? Am I missing something? :scratchin

I've never done the Virtual Series before, but decided to go for the challenge since: 1) the medals are cool; 2) I'm supposed to be running Star Wars right now; 3) I'd like something from this year that says "5 years running" since my 5th anniversary Star Wars and 5th anniversary DLP C2C plan failed spectacularly. :laughing:
under normal circumstances Tea Party would of been June, Space would of been July and Mansion would of been August however with everything going on all three runs can be done from sign up day-Aug 31st (not that Disney requires a time submission for medals like one of the other virtual runs I'm doing

This is my first virtual. Do you enter your times?

There is no need to enter your time to receive your medal. There is typically a link on the RunDisney site that you can follow to input your name and time to generate a printable certificate of completion, if you like.

I just recently discovered the virtual races and went to sign up for the summer one only to find out that it was already sold out...sigh...I guess there is next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter