2020 Star Wars Half Marathon Course Predictions?

cesj90

Run Disney, Cruise Disney, Breathe Disney
Only 3 months until the Star Wars Half! I know the course won't be released until a couple of weeks before the race, but any predictions on what it'll look like? I've run the 2019 Princess Half and the 2020 Full Marathon, but this will be my first Star Wars Half.

I've looked back at previous course maps, but they vary so much. The only common denominator seems to be that they run through Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom.

Would it be possible that we would start at Epcot and go directly to Hollywood Studios (to be able to run through Galaxy's Edge before opening)? Or would we even start at the Hollywood Studios parking lot, so we would all be out of there by 7ish am?

Does anyone think they wouldn't include Galaxy's Edge? I would be pretty furious and I think the majority of runners would be upset.

I think as much as I would love it, I doubt Galaxy's Edge will happen. If it did, I think there's no way we get anything but a backstage entrance by MF:SR and then out through Toy Story Land exit or something. Doubt we'd be anywhere near RotR. Really depends on where the race starts and if boarding groups are still used for RotR, or for GE for that matter.

I don’t think there’s any way Galaxy’s Edge is included in the course, especially with the early openings they’ve been doing for RotR. They tried running from Epcot to DHS the inaugural year of Star Wars and it was a congested nightmare. I don’t think they’ll make that mistake again. My best guess is that they’ll run similar courses as last year’s Wine & Dine.

Only 3 months until the Star Wars Half! I know the course won't be released until a couple of weeks before the race, but any predictions on what it'll look like? I've run the 2019 Princess Half and the 2020 Full Marathon, but this will be my first Star Wars Half.

I've looked back at previous course maps, but they vary so much. The only common denominator seems to be that they run through Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom.

Would it be possible that we would start at Epcot and go directly to Hollywood Studios (to be able to run through Galaxy's Edge before opening)? Or would we even start at the Hollywood Studios parking lot, so we would all be out of there by 7ish am?

Does anyone think they wouldn't include Galaxy's Edge? I would be pretty furious and I think the majority of runners would be upset.
Given the current level of crowds at DHS at 7:00am park opening just to get a boarding group for RotR, I do not see a way to run through Galaxy's Edge barring a major overhaul of the course and/or starting the races extremely early. After the challenges the marathon saw starting early, I don't see it happening here.

Yes some runners will be upset, but they'll have to live with that.

That just seems wrong though- it would be like the Princess Half not running by the castle. Here's hoping they figure out a way to get us in there.

That just seems wrong though- it would be like the Princess Half not running by the castle. Here's hoping they figure out a way to get us in there.
I agree with @rteetz here. I think they will eventually send the Star Wars race through Galaxy's Edge, but it's very likely to be tricky until the crowds are more manageable. About the only option I can come up with is to start the course in the DHS parking lot and go through Galaxy's Edge very early on in the race. But even then will they be able to get the last corral out of DHS before the crowds show up for regular park opening?
There are posted extra magic hours from 8am-9pm on the day of the half.
For the moment posted park hours for DHS are meaningless until 2-3 days beforehand. I ran Dopey this year and was very excited about the 8:00am opening for DHS the 2 days after the marathon as that meant I would not need to wake up at 5:30am the day after Dopey to get a boarding group. Suffice it to say, they changed the park opening from the posted 8:00am to 7:00am a couple of days before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter