2021 cruise watch thread~!

It would be around now if the pandemic didn't disrupt everything. Disney may be little too busy right now to release new itineraries, as the phone lines are probably still occupied by people cancelling and changing currently booked cruises.

When do we think Oct 2021 itineraries will be released? Where is a good place to cruise for at least 5 nights? Looking at something super special for our honeymoon 2.0

I had a five-night from NYC to Bermuda booked for this upcoming October. I think it would be a nice choice for a kids-free trip, because you could enjoy some sightseeing in NYC before or after. That is, after museums, shows and things are allowed to open back up.

I'm hoping they release Fall 2021 itineraries soon. I haven't cancelled my cruise yet because I was debating seeing what the price differences will be for the same cruise next year.

I'm most likely rebooking my the MerryTime cruise that I just booked to a Merry Time cruise for 2021 even though the dates are going to be a lot tighter than me.

Did I mention that since DCL gave a lengthy list of non-sail dates recently that I think they had a business reason to do it that way?
Here’s my theory: 1) Hold on to the money as long as possible, to keep the business afloat. (I know, yup I just felt that rolling off my fingers and it felt good)
2) Cancel only enough to not lose/overwhelm the phone bank of DCL employees.
3) BUT Cancel extra weeks so the new Itinerary bookings don’t get discouraged from lines busy from new-bookings, rebooking and Cancellations.
So I think they will not delay beyond normal announcements.
I’ll be there as Gold. I think it’s going to be harder to get through then before with so many people rebooking cancel cruises.
Could someone remind me what the timeline of the next offers should cover?

Did I mention that since DCL gave a lengthy list of non-sail dates recently that I think they had a business reason to do it that way?
Here’s my theory: 1) Hold on to the money as long as possible, to keep the business afloat. (I know, yup I just felt that rolling off my fingers and it felt good)
2) Cancel only enough to not lose/overwhelm the phone bank of DCL employees.
3) BUT Cancel extra weeks so the new Itinerary bookings don’t get discouraged from lines busy from new-bookings, rebooking and Cancellations.
So I think they will not delay beyond normal announcements.
I’ll be there as Gold. I think it’s going to be harder to get through then before with so many people rebooking cancel cruises.
Could someone remind me what the timeline of the next offers should cover?
Fall 2021 itineraries are up next for release (they usually go from some time in September through the first week or so of January).

Here’s my go to guide

Attachments

• 3EC52EE2-B696-4EFB-90D0-362B3C6C9A61.jpeg
    3EC52EE2-B696-4EFB-90D0-362B3C6C9A61.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 55
Fall 2021 itineraries are up next for release (they usually go from some time in September through the first week or so of January).
Wait did I miss the last announcement? When was the latest announcement?
Did I miss the week? I’m going to be in a super bad mood if I did. I’ve been waiting since pandemic was announced.

You didn’t miss anything. They haven’t been released yet. I was just saying that the next release will include 2021 dates starting in September through early January 2022.

Here’s my go to guide
Okay this made me think I missed it because there’s only 6 more days left of May. And usually travel agents post the information/dates a week prior to opening of sale dates. It might need a foot note. *Pandemic years dates may vary.

I could see it going longer but at the same time it’s still income for them. Come on Disney let me give you my money!!! I need to look forward to something Disney, even if it’s just a chance to give you my money.

All things considered, especially with current pent-up demand, can you imagine what the first few openings days are going to be like for those handling the phones? Ouch . . .

Okay this made me think I missed it because there’s only 6 more days left of May. And usually travel agents post the information/dates a week prior to opening of sale dates. It might need a foot note. *Pandemic years dates may vary.

I could see it going longer but at the same time it’s still income for them. Come on Disney let me give you my money!!! I need to look forward to something Disney, even if it’s just a chance to give you my money.

last year I got my TA email on June 6th with bookings starting on June 10, so hopefully we see something in 2 weeks. It will feel good to book something with the hope of going. I have a cruise booked for April 2021 and even that one feels iffy. I’ve canceled, been canceled or moved 4 cruises now.

We are thinking about a cruise for this October but like to know what if any restriction/changes will be when they sail again. That would play into if we want to sail or not. I don’t want to use our placeholder on a fall 2021 sailing when they get released and then they post info that not much restrictions/changes for their sailing this October and we regret using it on that 2021 sailing when we could have used it for the October one and then could have booked the 2021 sailing while on board at the discount.

Any insight as to whether the latest round of releases for 2021 may be out this week or next? Thx!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts