2024 Corning Wineglass

PaDisneyCouple

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone. DH here asking for the thoughts of the group. I'm looking for my 2024 races, and was thinking about Wineglass in Corning NY. Anybody have experience doing Wineglass that they could share?

Also, I'm on the fence between the full and the half. I'd like to make a go at a PR attempt in the half and break 2 hours for the first time. My marathon N=1, which was Goofy 2020 (cherished memories and recollections of meeting many of you). I think I could PR the marathon, as my goal for my first marathon was to finish my first marathon.

Leaning towards the half and seeing what I can do at that distance.
Of course, I'd reach out to a certain someone for a training plan for either distance.

I’ve run the Wineglass half a handful of times… lovely race, downhill course, good support, fun finish… the only downside is the date - it’s been just outside the RunDisney POT deadline recently… hopefully that changes!

Go for the half! You've got a very good shot at breaking two hours for the half and getting a good POT for your next Disney races. With plenty of time to build your base and ramp up your training over the summer and fall, there's no question Billy can pull together a great training plan for you.

I did the full at Wineglass 2021. I really enjoyed the town, especially the Museum of Glass, but I don't have fond memories of the race because I totally blew up at mile 15.

Overall, the course is nice, but I didn't think it was as downhill as everyone says, and some of the roads aren't great (sloped roads usually make my IT band flare up, and i worried aboit that sometimes). I think the half would be pretty good though!

Nothing to add, but following this because I’m also planning to run this! Also undecided between half or full but this one’s been on my bucket list for a long time!

I’m not from the region at all, but I used to have the Corning half on my bucket list partly because of the glass finisher medal. Does that race not exist anymore? Is this the same, but different sponsor?

I’m not from the region at all, but I used to have the Corning half on my bucket list partly because of the glass finisher medal. Does that race not exist anymore? Is this the same, but different sponsor?
I’m not sure but it finishes in Corning and has the glass finished medal so maybe rebranded? Glass finished medal is partly why it’s on my bucket list too 😂

I need to figure out my race plan for 2024 (and if I will be doing anything at Marathon Weekend in 2025). But this is only just over two hours from me. It could be a good race to try, whether I do the half or the full.

I have a co-worker who did the full a couple of years ago in honor of his 60th birthday. I know he enjoyed it.

I ran the Corning full marathon in 2021 and loved it. I have my PR on that marathon. I have absolutely no complaints about that race. Crowd support is minimal compared to larger races - but that was expected. On the other hand, for such a small race I felt the race experience itself (expo, bus ride to start, post race area) was far better than I would expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter