2025 Run Disney

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
Starting to plan a trip for 2025 that might be our last big family trip to Disney World and thinking about trying to incorporate a RunDisney event. We don't want to do the marathon weekend because that's going to be too busy and that early in the year might be too cold. What are the best options after that? We'll have between one and three folks who will want to do the races, but only 5k and maybe 10k, nothing longer. And we want to spend time at the parks too, so a time less crowded (if there is such a thing) would be a bonus.

Thanks!

1708297161581.png
This has all your dates for the upcoming season (it's also on the rundisney website.) There isn't really a "not busy" time at Disney any more, but we are anticipating MW to be a little less busy for 2025 than this year since it's further out from NYE/NYD and schools should be back in session. This year, schools from a few states were still out on break and it was extremely busy and crowded.

The week *after* MW is usually a bit of a slower less crazy time, so if you could plan your trip to do the races and then stay into the following week that might suit your needs.

It's also worth noting that for MW the 5k and 10k are on THURSDAY and Friday (bib pickup would need to be done on Wednesday at the expo) while all of the other race weekends those races would be run on FRIDAY and Saturday (with bib pickup on Thursday.)

Personally I find all Run Disney race weekends to be busy, but the one that in my opinion is the craziest is Wine & Dine. The weather for the Princess weekend is my personal favorite, but if you are only doing the 5 and/or 10K, then the Sprintime Surprise is pretty decent because you finish the run before it starts getting to steamy outside. Have a blast!

Starting to plan a trip for 2025 that might be our last big family trip to Disney World and thinking about trying to incorporate a RunDisney event.
Depending on how many are in your party total and the nature of how race weekends come to dominate and/or impact your entire trip, it may be best to not incorporate a runDisney event into a last hurrah trip at all. Especially given that race registration may well wind up with one person getting into a race and another person not getting into the same race.

Runners might not want to stay up late because of the very early wakeup calls coming the next morning. Likewise, some runners may want to relax outside of the parks after a race for their rest. Even as someone who believes strongly in active recovery post races, I absolutely tour the parks differently during race trips.

While I like to be in the parks until I have to leave, I almost always leave the parks no later than 7:00pm the night before a race. Sometimes I have to skip some of my favorite attractions and areas because the lines are too long and I will spend too much time on my feet when I'm trying to recover and/or prepare for a race the next day.

Disney trips for races have a tendency to define the entire trip, for both good and bad. If everyone is understanding and on the same page, then go for it. But make sure you give it a lot of thought beforehand to make sure it's the right way for a last hurrah kind of trip for your group.

My birthday is Jan 11 and we are not runners and just want to relax at OKW for 5 or 6 days Jan 7-12 . A good idea or not?

My birthday is Jan 11 and we are not runners and just want to relax at OKW for 5 or 6 days Jan 7-12 . A good idea or not?
The runners themselves don't have much of an impact. However with OKW so close to Epcot you are at risk of hearing repeated fireworks from 5-6a. OKW is big so if you can, request a room far from Epcot and you'll be fine 😊

Huge thank you to @Herding_Cats for a link that I used to get into Dopey and get my daughter into the Half! I still have ever link at over an hour except my phone that is down to one minute. Gotta go!
only made possible by @The Expert sending me a super short link right out of the gate! And then I only had to panic because I didn't know SIL's birthday for sure. I got the year wrong by 1, so we'll just have to email rundisney at some point to get it fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter