20th Anniversary in July, 2002 ..?s

Tawnya

Mouseketeer
I just got my mailing from the Disney Club with the picture of the Sorcerer's
hat!!! We have been to WDW four times over the past five years. Always with the kids.
For our 20th anniversary I would love for us to go. But we have always gone in
December or February and swore we would not go in the heat.
Has anyone gone in the summer who had not before ? And also, suggestions for anniversary trip? Should we stay some place new or go back to our favorite? (Wilderness Lodge).
I am ready....it is the hubby who will need convincing! Are there special offers that go
with an anniversary trip? Do you think these would be honored if we waited a few
months?
Thanks for the input. º0º

We just went the end of June for the first summer-time trip in 12 trips. Yes, it was very hot and humid (and this is coming from someone who lives where it was 102 degrees today, so I should be used to heat). However, will we go again in the summer-why not? We didn't do some things we sometimes do-sit on a bench and watch the world go by in AK, ride Aladdin (line is uncovered). But then in January, we don't do many "wet" rides, like Kali River Rapids, sometimes not Splash Mountain, the boat from POR to DTD. You can't do everything at DW in one trip anyways, it's so big. BTW, next year is our 20th Anniversary too-have fun!

I have been going to DW for over fifteen years and have resided in South Florida.
Like you, I don't like going in the summer because of the heat and the crowds. I have
found one of the best times of the year to go is in the spring, before the schools are over
and before the heat makes an affect. EPCOT has a home and garden show that is
excellent and the evenings are very nice. I just came back from Disney (I'm actually moving
to Celebration and I had to check on my new home being built) and I visited the MK. It was
very hot and it poured in the late afternoon. Another good time is in the early fall just after
the school year begins. It isn't the kids that bother me, it's the crowds and the heat.

:smooth:

we went in august. just collect a ton of beat the heat tips and youll be fine.

as for the resort, i would go someplace youd never go with the kids.

dont tell your husband, just suprise him. do things like the tours you cant take with kids. very late dinners watching the fireworks. ride the rides together........

I was there in July on my very first trip and the humidity was terrible. There are lots of ways to beat the heat though, so I'm sure you would do fine.

I think WL is a very romantic resort and just perfect for an anniversary.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter