24 hours in LA - WWYD?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
DH and I will have roughly 24 hours to spend in Los Angeles. Looking for suggestions on the best things to do and how to maximize our time.

We will be arriving in LA around 1pm on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, after spending the week at Disneyland. We leave the next day, Sunday, out of LAX at 5pm.

I thought of Universal Hollywood but being Memorial Day weekend and our arrival time, it seemed cost prohibitive. We'll also be spent from our time at DL. Other options I'm considering are Paramount or Warner Bros studio tour, TMZ tour, afternoon city sightseeing tour, or a hop on/hop off bus tour.

Also looking for hotel suggestions. Something $250 or less. We won't have a vehicle, so we'll be on foot, Uber, or relying on a bus tour.

Thanks all!

Skip Universal if you just have one day in LA. Compared to Disney, it's not worth it.

The Warner Bros. studio tour is great. I recommend the Hollywood and Highland area because you can see the Walk of Fame, Hollywood sign, Chinese Theater, etc. on foot. There are several hotels in that area, not sure of prices though.

If celeb sightings are your thing, I recommend people watching at The Grove/Farmer's Market. I *always* saw numerous celebs there, particularly near the movie theater. It's basically an outdoor mall with lots of stores and restaurants. It's on tv all the time.

I think there's a bus up to Griffith Observatory.
Hollywood & highland
Visit Disney studio store Hollywood (next to el capitan)

We did the Warner Bros tour when we visited a few years ago and we all loved it.

Another vote for Hollywood and Highland and Griffith Observatory. If you are looking for amazing food, I would suggest Chinatown or Koreatown. Chinatown is cool to walk around and I got some really great photos. As far as places to stay, I used Air B&B. Much less expensive then hotels and some very cool places. Have a great time.

If you're not going to have a car, stay somewhere near the Metro, like the iconic Bonaventure downtown, or possibly the Little Tokyo Hilton Doubletree with the secret Japanese garden upstairs. Get food at the Grand Central Market, check out Olivera Street, Little Tokyo, or Chinatown, and if you're feeling ambitious, take an uber to Griffith Park and its attractions. You won't have much time for more than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!