26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

NY seems like it was so long ago! LOL! Can't believe we're at the end of another epic Tom and Carole trip.....but another is just over the horizon! And Kyle gets to go back!

NY does seem like an age ago!!! As soon as we arrived in Orlando though NY became a distant memory........yep, we have a few trips coming up and certainly the December one with Kyle is the one we`re looking forward to most.........::yes::

Fabulous! Fabulous!
I'm always amazed by the amount of activity you can fit into a day. And clearly having a blast while doing it!

Thanks!!!!!

We always think we didn't do much when we think back......then we really think and realise we don't sit down much.......except the Club Lounge of course this trip.......lol......yep, we love every second we`re there.........:wave2:

Thanks again for taking the time to write a trip report, I have made notes of all the things we need to fit into our trip. We leave in 3 DAYS!

Thanks again for taking the time to write a trip report, I have made notes of all the things we need to fit into our trip. We leave in 3 DAYS!

YAY!!!!! 3 days...........:cheer2:

Thank You.........I am so glad you`ve enjoyed it and taken notes.......lol.......I hope you have a wonderful trip and come back and tell us about it.........:wave2:

Well, had planned to spend the afternoon doing the final day, but just had a text from our Broadband supplier saying it will be going on and off intermittently today as they do another upgrade!!!! Unbelievable........we have super fast Broadband when it does work......but it`s going off an awful lot recently........

Annoying.

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your trip reports! All of your hard work is very much appreciated by many of us!! The reports are informative and very entertaining. Happy holidays and safe travels!

MONDAY 2ND OCTOBER.........

It had finally arrived. Our last day loomed ahead of us like the proverbial bad penny today.........

We had slept well, and even though it was still early, we just got up. Feeling like the condemned pair we shuffled to get ready this morning, trying to unrealistically stretch the morning out even further.

Breakfast was fun and sad at the same time, having a giggle with the staff, but soon as breakfast was over we were saying our goodbyes again. Samuel especially we would miss from this morning`s group. But, it`s a strange feeling, as much as though we don't want to leave, when it`s the last day once we have left the hotel we just want to get home in 5 minutes.....unfortunately the flight and time before took a little longer.

A friend had asked if we needed a late checkout, but we said we didn't this visit as we were leaving just after lunchtime, we appreciated the offer though........we had planned to leave cases with bell services and eat lunch in Jake`s before leaving.

We passed the last hour or so in the room, packing everything last minute and we alarmingly noticed how the suitcase was straining to close with everything in......I have to say some of my clothes were feeling the same way after almost a month of dining out and having fun :blush:

Taking a last look at the view, I was again annoyed by DD disappearing before my eyes........

i-n2vJsHc-XL.jpg

I would continue to follow the destruction through several twitter sites with daily images of it`s demise.

It wasn't the nicest of days outside......

i-PGG4BRz-XL.jpg

But, once we were all packed we began to head downstairs. We had arranged to meet someone as we checked out, who is incredibly kind to us during our stays, to say goodbye at 10.45 and we would just be in time. Have you ever met someone who is just the nicest, kindest person on the planet. This person is.

So, I was feeling very choked up as we went down in the elevator.........nothing unusual there for me. At this point we had planned to come back in May, so it didn't seem too long away, but still so sad for us to leave.

We met our friend and weren't looking forward to the goodbye`s there.......but we did get to meet someone else very special that really made our day. And it certainly helped cheer us up no end........I didn't feel like crying anymore.

But, we did say our goodbyes to our friend and then we went to check out. The lovely Josmin checked us out and we thanked her again for taking such good care of us while we were there........and said we hoped to see her next year........she of course said the same thing.

We checked our luggage in and went down to Jake`s as it was now just after 11.30.......not too early for lunch after all.

There were already quite a few people in and we were seated quickly........non alcoholic drinks today. We ordered our usual pizza to share and two strawberry lemonades........

i-znLHWvG-XL.jpg

For our final meal this trip it was pretty darn nice!!! We paid our check and went back upstairs to get our luggage and do the walk of shame out to the car and head for the airport.

I do take a few last images of the lobby and outside area though.........

i-wrSM4WR-XL.jpg

i-xN7rfCX-XL.jpg

i-vvrWBRw-XL.jpg

You don't normally see the drop off area so quiet...........

I had stood with the luggage while Tom went and retrieved the car..........I always look around and try and take every single memory with me of the place.

Now I was beginning to feel weepy.........but, at that point Tom appeared with the car. So, we loaded up and set off for the drive to MCO.

We never look back now so it was straight ahead to Universal Boulevard.......we always go this way back, same way as we come in........it misses out I4 which is always to be encouraged........and we pass the Eye...........I took a picture a few years ago from our car while moving and I challenged myself to get as good a one as before today.........Tom did slow down a little for me to capture it...........

i-Gbw64DN-XL.jpg

Not too shabby for being in a moving vehicle...............

The drive is as usual uneventful and quick. We seem to arrive in no time at all......and we approach we get more despondent when we see this

i-3hqq5Z4-XL.jpg

i-Z77r6Wh-XL.jpg

This always gets a big "Boooooooo" as we pass..........

We find the lane for car drop off and drive in. Alamo are usually hassle free when we drop the car off, but after a very dodgy experience with Dollar a few years back, we always dread they will try and "tourist trap" us.........but today, we get a receipt for zero to pay. That's all we ask.

We bring our luggage out and are approached by an airport worker asking if we want to hire his services........he has a trolley cart for luggage. No thanks....he did emphasize the "hire" part of that sentence........we could manage fine as we had two suitcases and two hand luggage between us.....albeit all four were now heavy!!!!

We took our last gulps of Orlando air, fuel and jet fuel mainly......lol.......but headed inside feeling a little blue, but ready to get home now.

The line for bag drop wasn't too bad and we arrived just as they opened check in........with one staff member. Seriously.........eventually more started to wander out but there`s a distinct lack of urgency to get lines down here..........however we are both dreading the weigh in.....although the portable scales say we are just a little over on one and 2kg over on the other, we still don't fancy having to start switching things around between cases.......we would just pay the excess baggage.........

So, its our turn and we are over. By quite a lot. And she doesn't say anything........we thank her profusely and take our boarding passes and passports and head off. Thank goodness they didn't weigh hand luggage!!!!

I like this airport. But, they are doing an incredible amount of work to it now.......so it doesn't look pretty everywhere.........we head round to the central area near where the food court is......try and find a quietish spot to Skype Kyle. We had told him we would when we got to the airport........he had checked already and saw our flight was on time.......thankfully!! We did manage to chat a little and I showed him around where we were in the airport. It had been a while since he had been here..........but soon we said our goodbyes and finally said we would see him tomorrow. yay!!! Couldn't wait for a hug at this point........

We had a coffee and then thought we might as well wander through to the other side.........this would be fun.

i-3zTcjNz-XL.jpg

i-xwMx2Jr-XL.jpg

i-5gPxqzV-XL.jpg

As we approached we were joining the shortest looking queue as everyone does.......then I noticed a sign that said wait time 47-55 minutes.......huh!!! We thought the lines didn't look that bad..........next thing it jumped to 75-83 minutes wait...........thank goodness we hadn't left it any later......we would still have plenty of time though, but even so.........

The lines were bad and we eventually got to the front and got through......to line up again.......with one TSA guy shouting at us to keep moving.....there was nowhere to go!!! We asked if it was shoes off and laptops/ipads out.......he yelled yes to everyone.........then another guy changed the barriers so we were walking all the way down to the other side and back up.......think Disney lines here........this was a mess........everyone was complaining at this fiasco.......

Eventually one of them said to the guy in front of us....you guys are in luck....we entered a separate queue and didn't have to take shoes off not take out electronics........think I`d prefer everyone was searched to be honest. But we get through finally, and neither of us are chosen
for extra bag searches or anything else..........so we get through and go on the monorail......never the happiest of faces going this way..........

i-D3c6DSD-XL.jpg

We got off and headed towards the shop area.......this woman absolutely barged past me......hit my ankle (not hard) with her suitcase.....no apology but she was obviously in a rush.......or so I thought........then she just stopped dead right in front of me........I couldn't help myself.....I said to her Are you kidding me......you barge past me, hit my ankle and then stop to wait for everyone behind you........she didn't say a word, her husband had the grace to apologize as he heard me.......I think he had seen her. But anyway, we wander through and head straight into duty free.........always our favourite stop here..........

We have a limit of what we can bring back into the UK. But to be honest, no one really cares as long as you are not downloaded by bottles of liquor. We always buy more than our limit. Usually we get the 3 liter Jack Daniels and some Ciroc or Absolut Vodka and brandy or rum......but today at home we had loads of JD and I knew we wanted some Parrot Bay Coconut Rum.........oh yes, that was high on my list........so we picked up 3 of those, Mount Gay Rum and 3 Ciroc Vodkas.........we paid and then were given the ticket to collect them as we got on the plane.

Then Tom said what perfume did you mention.........so he went back and got me a Calvin Klein Eternity Summer perfume........always nice to get another perfume.......

We then go and buy some goodies for the plane.......food for some reason coming back from America is truly dreadful........and breakfast is awful. So we buy a couple of bags of potato chips, some candy for take off and a couple of muffins........we had already been fed today and didn't feel hungry at all.

Our flight was still showing as on time, so we settled down to wait to board......as we had the exit rows we were always last on.......but then the time changed to leave 30 minutes later......then an hour.......so I sent Kyle a Skype message to say the delay was longish........he had planned to watch the plane take off on flight tracker.......but since it would now be much later he was just going to go to bed.........he had work early the next day.......the cabin crew said they hoped to get away before the stated time, but it didn't really matter what time we took off.....as long as we took off!!!

They did load us fairly quickly and we took off only 30 minutes late. Not too bad at all.

Our seats are fabulous.......we have no one in front of us and can stretch our legs out.......Cabin Crew will move anyone who hangs about that area which is nice.......

i-CVNJbD2-XL.jpg

I do have the chute area in front, but I`m not overly tall and it doesn't impact me at all, I find I can pop one leg up there while sleeping and no one bothers.......as long as you don't sit a load of stuff on it they`re ok with it.

Drinks came around and I ordered my usual 2 little bottles of red wine and Tom had pepsi as he was driving when we landed. Food eventually came around and it was bland, but not the worst food we have been offered on the way home........we nibbled and ate the cheese and crackers which were nice.......

The lights were dimmed eventually and we managed to get a few hours sleep on and off.......plane seats are never the comfiest......but being able to stretch out is an added advantage to these seats...........thankfully there isn't any wailing children that we had last year to contend with, flight was relatively peaceful.

We land at 6.30am which made a shortish flight of 7hours 30 minutes........he made good time!!! We got off quickly and made it through to Immigration.....always amazes me they need to check us again.......but we have no real lines in front of us........we go through the quick area for certain passports, but Tom gets called to see an officer........I`m not allowed to wait so I head through to baggage area......but he is right behind me, it was just a random check.

Our luggage is as always almost last off.......never quite sure why that is........I`m sure we could be last luggage to be loaded and we would still be last to get ours.........but eventually it appears........and we go through Customs area and on to get our bacon sandwich and big mug of tea. This is always bliss.......I do miss a proper mug of tea when we are in the USA. We do enjoy this and when we finish we walk the short walk to the Radisson to get the keys to our car.

This doesn't take long and we get the keys and head downstairs to walk outside.........we are still dressed for Orlando........oh dear......but thankfully today isn't too cold, it`s quite sunny and pleasant around 12c which is around 54f not bad for around 8.30am, but it`s still a bit of a shock after almost a month of heat.........

We pack up the car and it takes us 3 hours to get home.

Kyle was at work so the house was empty, but tidy and fridge was well stocked.........we didn't feel too bad right now, so began to unpack and I took all the stuff to be washed to the laundry room, I did put one load on, but there was no rush for the rest. We got most unpacked and then we went to bed and slept till around 3pm. We hoped if we slept till then, we could stay up to around 10.30 and get back to normal so jet lag wouldn't affect us too badly......it had worked previous years so we hoped it would do again.

We did wake and jumped in the shower......now I would miss someone bringing me fresh towels and products.......lol.......but we went downstairs and finished unpacking......

Kyle came home around 5.30 and I hugged the Dickens out of him.........they never stop being our children.......he had missed us too which was nice to hear.....and we had so many tales to tell each other..........he went to get changed out of his suit and him and Tom went for Chinese food.......I opened a bottle of wine and we had a lovely evening, just catching up and laughing a lot!!!

We managed to stay up till just after 11pm.........but the best laid plans.........we both woke up around 2.30......me asking where I was.......lol......I had no clue..........took a few hours before I got back over and we were the same for the next week or so.....jet lag is awful!!! But so worth it............

FINAL THOUGHTS........Won`t drag this out any longer..........:cheer2:

We were very blessed this year. To have two amazing trips combined into one was indeed special.

We did have a lot to celebrate this year and although we didn't go too mad with celebrating, it was perfect for us.......

New York was special. The chance to see my favourite aunt and cousins was wonderful and we loved our short but lovely visit with them.

The hotel, restaurants and everything about New York we loved........we loved the hustle and bustle of the streets and tourist traps, but we also loved the serenity and peacefulness of Central Park. This was a real highlight for both of us. But the hotel was truly beautiful and we hope to go back one day to the same hotel. Not the one at the Trade Centre of course.........

But seeing the Trade Centre area was something incredible. I knew it was going to be incredibly emotional but it was more than heartbreaking than I thought it would be. And we didn't even do the museum. One day we will of course, but this being a celebration trip we didn't.

Tiffany of course was for me the biggest surprise........and at the risk of being too schmaltzy, I have the best husband and thank my lucky stars every day I married him and am so grateful he is the way he is with us. Nothing is too much trouble for him and friends joke I must have worn out the pedestal he puts me on lol........we are lucky. But he truly surprised me this time with the gifts.

Restaurants like Ruth`s Chris and Delfrisco`s Grill were fabulous. There is so much choice there of course, and we enjoyed those and also enjoyed cheap and cheerful diners for breakfast. A real mix of choices.

ESB, Rockefeller and other tourist spots were fabulous and I loved being able to show Tom the things I had experienced in NY.........and I was so glad he had enjoyed it as much as I hoped he would.

The blip on our journey to Orlando, is just that, a blip........someone once told me they admired the way we roll with the punches........well, you have to. But it was one of those things. Wasn't fun at the time, but again we thanked our lucky stars we had a hotel with an amazing concierge service. Without them we would have been lost.

Arriving in Orlando made me realise something. Tom asked me which place was my favourite between the two........I thought I knew, but being delayed in NY made me realise I was more upset losing two days in Orlando than I was glad we had two extra days in NY........so Orlando wins. Kinda knew that though........but they are very different places and hard to compare.............

As always Royal Pacific totally blew us away with everything. We truly feel like returning family when we stay there. So many know us, and those that don't soon do.......we love this hotel and the staff are what make it even more special. Everyone treats you like you are very special, and that is something that doesn't happen everywhere.......

Club Lounge is lovely. Again the staff are perfection. They genuinely can`t do enough for you, and are so nice.

Rooms and public places were always immaculate and the restaurants were exceptional as always. I`m sorry Tchoup Chop is closing, we had really enjoyed it last few years, but there are some other lovely options there.

For us though RPR is perfect. We do have a couple of very special people there, one in particular, who mean the world to us and we are blessed to know them. I`m sure they know who they are........:hug:

We loved our times in the parks........they are always so much fun.......the rides, the TM the atmosphere.....everything......we love the parks. There really is something for everyone..........

HHN wasn't perfect this year. This was the least we enjoyed it in all our visits. But, we still enjoyed it.......the standard is so high and I think it must be so hard for them to keep it up......but I have high hopes for next year........The SA were phenomenal all through the event......and the good houses were excellent.....and the atmosphere is always amazing. So, although I sound as though we didn't enjoy it at times, we really did. Just not as much as previous years.

We enjoyed some lovely meals around Universal and Orlando.......some cheap and cheerful like Longhorn and some nicer ones like The Palm. This is a beautiful restaurant and food is among the best we have enjoyed. Many choices in RP of course too.........

Shopping in Orlando is fun!!! Plenty of places to choose from and we ignored the poor exchange rate again......it is what is, no point moaning about it.......but we still bought what we wanted. Mall at Millenia is our favourite place to go and of course I got an unexpected visit and gifts in Tiffany there too.......

We loved catching up with our friend Todd (Metro West) just wished we could have made another night to HHN to see him again......we always love seeing and spending time with him........and seeing macraven........it was short and sweet.......dates just didn't mark up this year. It`s always lovely to see her though and catch up with each other properly.........I was sorry to miss Vicki again though.......we could have passed each other at some point and not know of course........

For me the best part of the trip was the time we spent together..........celebrating 25 years of marriage is still something special to us, and we truly love every second we spend together......and barely a cross word!!! Honestly, we rarely row......except over silly things like who invented the lawn :rotfl:(Everybody Loves Raymond fans will know that one) But we think we are very lucky and very blessed.

Half way through our stay we decided we wanted a trip to just do things around Orlando, we had felt rushed trying to fit everything in.......and thought we would love to stay at Sapphire Falls....we wouldn't need EP so this would be ideal...........we thought May would be nice. And of course we would still have our usual 19 nights in September..........

We were home 3 days when we were sitting at night and Tom said why don't we just get flights for May booked tonight.........I was on the flight website as quick as a flash and had May booked instantly.......a quick email and our hotel was booked too. About 10 minutes later, he said oh we might as well book September too......so, back on the flight website and got September booked......

So we had 10 nights in May at Sapphire Falls and 19 nights at RPR all booked up. I was so excited to go twice in the one year.......one of the advantages of Tom being retired is we can just up and go..............

But, my thoughts hadn't ended there..........I began to think maybe we could sneak in a week in December to see all the Christmas stuff at Potter.....it looked fun, and we had never been at Christmas......and we wondered if Kyle would be able to come this time.......this would be ideal as it had been a few years since he had been. So we asked him if he could get the time off work........he had started this new position in September and although he did have 6 weeks vacation he didn't want to take too long off since he was still relatively new.........but he got his vacation time approved and I immediately booked flights for all 3 of us with Virgin Atlantic again.......Tom booked our rooms at the Radisson for the night before the flight.......and hotel was sorted again and booked car hire......sorted.......so we fly December 2nd till the 9th.........our shortest trip yet......but, isn't it funny how folks all have opinions........some think we are crazy going for just a week........I don't care what others think, it`s no one`s business.......we`ll have fun and it`s mainly a park trip this time.......with a definite plan to visit the Cheesecake Factory for Kyle to have his favourite Chocolate dessert..........so we were excited with this decision.

A week later I saw Tom looking at flights..........my interest was piqued.........he asked if I fancied fitting in Orlando for 10 nights in March..........hell yeah ::yes::........I`d be ready to fly tomorrow if I had to. So, once again I got on my ipad and got flights booked, again with Virgin Atlantic and staying again at Royal Pacific...........:cheer2:

So, that's it.........trip over for another year..........but with a few plans for future trips. It`s nice not having to wait a full year till the next one........

I thank all of you who have commented on my abundant ramblings at times.......I really enjoyed reading all of your comments, and appreciate all the kind words :hug:.......and were glad you stuck with me!!!! I do try to finish these trip reports as they can draw on too long at times........so my housework has suffered at times and my husband will be glad to have me not shush him when he talks too much when I'm typing........lol.........

I don't do pre trip reports as I couldn't imagine planning much at all for any trip........but I will say, for our December trip we have booked The Palm one night and arranged to see Metro on the trip........that's the extent of our planning.......and to enjoy the parks........that's my pre trip report........:thumbsup2

So, Thank You once again for joining me on the trip through our celebrations.......I`m a little sad it`s over as it brings me so much joy to relive it all again.......

But hopefully see you all again for our December Trip.........:wave2:

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your trip reports! All of your hard work is very much appreciated by many of us!! The reports are informative and very entertaining. Happy holidays and safe travels!

Thank You so much.

It makes me happy to know you enjoyed it all........I really need to cut the rambling though....maybe just a little.......lol......

Thanks again........:)

Woot! Always a great report and I enjoy reading, even if you think you are rambling.

Have fun in a few weeks. Maybe in the fall we can cross paths. I am looking at end of September for 2 weeks.

Nice the flight was only delayed 1/2 hour.

And yeah, I am a tea snob. It is better tasting while in England. I bring tea bags and loose tea home with me.

What a great trip! So so happy that you'll get to go back in December as a family! You and Tom have so much fun together, but having Kyle with you again....that just makes a mothers heart complete.

Carole it's almost like being there reading along, very enjoyable. Thanks for another great read & I'm so excited for you to have so many return trips firmly in place already :)

I’m so happy to hear you have several trips planned! Good for you and Tom making the most of retirement. I’m sure Christmastime at Potter is going to be wonderful and I love Orlando in May. I think you’ve made excellent plans! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us. I enjoyed every post.

I truly enjoyed your report! I am excited to have several more to look forward to this year. I hope you all enjoy your time with your son next month. :)

Woot! Always a great report and I enjoy reading, even if you think you are rambling.

Have fun in a few weeks. Maybe in the fall we can cross paths. I am looking at end of September for 2 weeks.

Nice the flight was only delayed 1/2 hour.

And yeah, I am a tea snob. It is better tasting while in England. I bring tea bags and loose tea home with me.

Thank You Lynne........I suppose I`m a happy rambler.........

Yep, hope we get the chance to say Hi next year.........I do enjoy a cup of tea, but the best one is coming home after drinking coffee for so long!

Glad you enjoyed it...........:)

What a great trip! So so happy that you'll get to go back in December as a family! You and Tom have so much fun together, but having Kyle with you again....that just makes a mothers heart complete.

Oh absolutely......we are both over the moon he is coming along on this trip......cannot wait!!!!

I`m genuinely happy you enjoyed the trip report.........and I hope you have a fabulous time on your trip too!!! Look forward to hearing about it........

And thank you for bearing with me on this trip......and for the lovely comments.......I do appreciate them......:wave2:

Carole it's almost like being there reading along, very enjoyable. Thanks for another great read & I'm so excited for you to have so many return trips firmly in place already :)

I`m so excited too!!!!!!

Thank you too for reading along.......I`m so glad to have you read it and enjoy it too........:wave2:

I’m so happy to hear you have several trips planned! Good for you and Tom making the most of retirement. I’m sure Christmastime at Potter is going to be wonderful and I love Orlando in May. I think you’ve made excellent plans! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your trip with us. I enjoyed every post.

I agree, I think Christmas time there is going to be spectacular with Potter all decorated........and glad to have another vote for May......never been then before and everyone says its an excellent time to be there.......

And Thank you :hug: I`m happy to hear you enjoyed reading along.....and thanks for the lovely comments........:wave2:

I truly enjoyed your report! I am excited to have several more to look forward to this year. I hope you all enjoy your time with your son next month. :)

Thanks Cara.......we are so looking forward to December with Kyle coming with us.......it`ll be like old times again.......although I think a week will be a little short, but we`ll get to see Christmas Universal style........

And also thank you for the comments along the way, always appreciated and nice to read........:wave2:

Loved the report and can't wait to see you guys next month! I'll try my hardest to keep the weather great for the visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!