3 night, 2 day park stay - universal express

slyster

DIS Veteran
Are you able to get a Universal Studio hotel and park package that includes universal express passes (or unlimited) for a 3 night, 2 day park stay (checking in Wednesday night and visiting parks Thursday and Friday)?

I'm not seeing it so I'm wondering if that means I need to pay for it separately? We would like to stay at one of the Universal Studio hotels and from what I was reading the premier hotels include free universal express passes, but I'm thinking it has to be purchased as a package? I appreciate any help as I am not familiar with how Universal works.

P.S. We will be going to Disney World that Saturday and staying for a week.

Are you able to get a Universal Studio hotel and park package that includes universal express passes (or unlimited) for a 3 night, 2 day park stay (checking in Wednesday night and visiting parks Thursday and Friday)?

I'm not seeing it so I'm wondering if that means I need to pay for it separately? We would like to stay at one of the Universal Studio hotels and from what I was reading the premier hotels include free universal express passes, but I'm thinking it has to be purchased as a package? I appreciate any help as I am not familiar with how Universal works.

P.S. We will be going to Disney World that Saturday and staying for a week.

I may be missing something in your post but I am not sure what you mean by saying you are not seeing it.

If you book at either Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay or Hard Rock, your express pass is included with that booking - nothing extra to select/pay for - when you check in and get your room key, this is also your express pass. You can book this through Universal as a "package" with your tickets and any other add-ons. Or you can book/purchase it all separately - no impact on express pass.

If you are booking at any of the other onsite hotels, you can again either book through Universal as a package with tickets and other add-ons - in this case, you would also need to purchase express passes since they are not included with your hotel stay.

Just keep in mind that depending on the makeup of your travelling party, it may actually be less expensive to book one of the deluxe hotels than it is to buy express passes separately. You really need to price out both options. I would tend to not purchase the express passes in advance but wait until you are in the parks to determine if you really need them. Depending on the time of year, you may not. On my last trip, I stayed at Cabana Bay and we did not purchase express passes and didn't really miss them at all.

I may be missing something in your post but I am not sure what you mean by saying you are not seeing it.

Sorry...I mean that I don't seem to be able to get a package for 3 nights, 2 days in the parks? Harry Potter package is for 5 nights.

and a big OHHHHHH I was thinking I could not create a package for 3 nights, 2 days in the park, but after looking into it further, it appears I can.

There are two adults going. So if I understand you correctly, when I create a package and stay at
Royal Pacific, Portofino Bay or Hard Rock, the universal express tickets are included. Based on my mock "create package", the first one already includes the universal express pass, but Itinerary 1 and 2 do not. HO
WEVER, I could buy express passes for those two. I think I understand that correctly. Thanks again!

• Itinerary 3
    MCO
    $1,540.55
    8/26/2020-8/29/2020
    Loews Royal Pacific Resort
    Save Send Email
  • Itinerary 2
    MCO
    $1,097.89
    8/26/2020-8/29/2020
    Universal's Endless Summer Resort - Dockside Inn and Suites
  • Itinerary 1
    MCO
    $1,097.89
    8/26/2020-8/29/2020
    Universal's Endless Summer Resort - Dockside Inn and Suites

Correct, the Royal Pacific booking would include Express (also, that Express would be good for all of your days - including check-in and check-out days. So, you might be able to add another park day on either side and take advantage depending on your travel schedule. Worth looking into, IMO.)

Also, make sure to price everything out individually as well. The packages aren't always 'deals'.

When pricing individually, also look into reputable 3rd party ticket vendors to see if you can save a bit there.

Definitely compare and contrast the package to purchasing separately. It was MUCH cheaper for me to not book a package. In part I think because I bought my flights through Southwest. I saved more than $1,400 over the quoted universal price and I have much better non-stop flights - about $250 of that savings was my airfare. I am including the cost of my airport transfer in my comparison. I did not add any extras and booked the same room. This savings does not include the savings I will get for not having to pay for a carry on nor the savings from not having to pay for luggage - I estimated that cost at an additional $642 (to add a carry-on was $77/person/flight).

Be aware that while express pass is automatically included with the rooms at Royal Pacific, Hard Rock and Portofini, your park tickets are not. For that you can buy the tix separately or book a package. Also note that you need only 1 night at the hotel to support 2 days of express pass (it’s good on check in day and check out day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!