3 Park Explorer Ticket

Wdw1015

DIS Veteran
I just booked our first trip for June of next year. We went with the 3 Park Explorer Ticket but now I want to make sure I'm understanding how they work as I'm finding very little information on them. Am I correct in that it basically gives us the freedom to go to whichever of the 3 parks we want for the extent of our whole trip? For example, we could do IOA for a few hours and hop over to Volcano Bay later?

If so, a Park to Park ticket wouldn't be necessary at that point, right?

I just booked our first trip for June of next year. We went with the 3 Park Explorer Ticket but now I want to make sure I'm understanding how they work as I'm finding very little information on them. Am I correct in that it basically gives us the freedom to go to whichever of the 3 parks we want for the extent of our whole trip? For example, we could do IOA for a few hours and hop over to Volcano Bay later?

This is a great question that I am wondering as well!

The explorer ticket most definitely is a park to park ticket. You can do all three parks each day for 14 days if you like.

From the website:
3-Park Explorer Ticket, Orlando

Enjoy Universal's Islands of Adventure™, Universal Studios Florida™, AND Universal's Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park each day you visit with the 3-Park Explorer Ticket.

Did you book a package?

I booked that as well for this years trip.

Bought similar tickets last year, when Wet n Wild was still open. It is Park to park for sure.

I'm late in booking a trip for November. I was originally going to purchase the 3-park 4day park-to-park ticket, but started reading about the Explorer Ticket. In reading this post, it appears the Explorer Ticket truly is a park-to-park ticket for 14days...and is cheaper than the 4day park-to-park I was going to purchase. I guess I'll purchase the Explorer ticket since it appears to be park-to-park for every day of our stay (only 5 days), and not limiting ourselves to just a 4day ticket. Im like others here .. finding it hard to believe since its cheaper so felt I needed to talk it out to make sure I was understanding it properly haha. But I've also read about them having a pre-printed expiration date on them .. is that based on the first day of your booked package?

I'm late in booking a trip for November. I was originally going to purchase the 3-park 4day park-to-park ticket, but started reading about the Explorer Ticket. In reading this post, it appears the Explorer Ticket truly is a park-to-park ticket for 14days...and is cheaper than the 4day park-to-park I was going to purchase. I guess I'll purchase the Explorer ticket since it appears to be park-to-park for every day of our stay (only 5 days), and not limiting ourselves to just a 4day ticket. Im like others here .. finding it hard to believe since its cheaper so felt I needed to talk it out to make sure I was understanding it properly haha. But I've also read about them having a pre-printed expiration date on them .. is that based on the first day of your booked package?

I think the time frame starts after the first time you use the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter