3 Trips in 1 year with a Side of Baseball and Scotland - Updated 10/3 The End

Hi
Have very much enjoyed reading about your tour around Scotland and seeing the great photos that you have posted. Like every city in the wosrld now in the main tourist area you will always get touts trying to get your tourist dollars ( dressed up as different characters ) which I think only spoils the experience and atmosphere of the area. On your Scotland day eight report scrolling down to picture 17 the view from the castle with the cannon and what looks like someone's shoulder and arm wearing a black jacket on the right of photo, in the distance over the water ( Forth ) you can see a hill ( little bump on the horizon ) the town where I live is just below the hill. I think that you were lucky with the weather that you didn't get much rain. Airline travel now is so becoming hit and miss there is no pleasure left going through an airport now, it used to be part of the holiday now you just want to get it over as soon as possible.That was a long flight without anything substantial to eat.Thanks for writing your section of the report on jock land it gives us locals an insight into what other people think of our country looking forward to your next section on Disney.Great your grandson is doing well at his baseball.

Hi
Have very much enjoyed reading about your tour around Scotland and seeing the great photos that you have posted. Like every city in the wosrld now in the main tourist area you will always get touts trying to get your tourist dollars ( dressed up as different characters ) which I think only spoils the experience and atmosphere of the area.

We have an area in Philadelphia that is know for being eccentric but that was a new experience and I really enjoyed it. When we got to St Giles I thought there had been a wedding til I realized it was all part of the scenery.

On your Scotland day eight report scrolling down to picture 17 the view from the castle with the cannon and what looks like someone's shoulder and arm wearing a black jacket on the right of photo, in the distance over the water ( Forth ) you can see a hill ( little bump on the horizon ) the town where I live is just below the hill.

If I get there next year I will wave Hi! I am really hoping to get to take the trip again.

I think that you were lucky with the weather that you didn't get much rain.

We had a few days where we had more rain than not but I was on vacation, I don't let it bother me.

Airline travel now is so becoming hit and miss there is no pleasure left going through an airport now, it used to be part of the holiday now you just want to get it over as soon as possible.That was a long flight without anything substantial to eat.Thanks for writing your section of the report on jock land it gives us locals an insight into what other people think of our country looking forward to your next section on Disney.Great your grandson is doing well at his baseball.

My home airport is not highly thought of by locals but I have had no real issues. I enjoyed Glasgow's for the 1st hour or 2 by the time we finally boarded I was weary of the experience. Not really having anything to eat really was the basis of my complaint. We only found out just prior to boarding so no one had any way to get something before boarding.

I do know that everyone on our tour fell in love with Scotland. It was an amazing experience and we were able to see so much. Next year is the borders with the final days being in Edinburgh for the Tattoo. I so want to do the trip. I just have to hope my mom is up for it.

My grandson's team lost a heartbreaking game last night 1-0 in the bottom of the 14th inning. That was basically 2 games in one. Sadly his baseball is over til the spring because he has aged out of Fall Baseball. I do have my younger grandson to watch now so will stay busy.

Disney is coming up.

Disney September 2016

This trip came about somewhat quickly. I had an Annual Pass that would expire towards the end of September. I mentioned this to Jim and he said: "GO!" I did use the excuse that I wanted to go to the F&W festival and also check out Pop Century for a future trip. So I booked everything and I went.

Day 1
I had a 7:05 AM flight on Southwest. I love that first flight out but it also means being up really early. I overslept of course. Thankfully Jim didn't and he let me sleep in a little while he got ready for work. At 4:50 AM he was yelling at me to get up. To show you how fast I am, we were out of the door at 5:10 AM bags packed and coffee in hand.

We had very little traffic so I was at curbside check-in around 5:40, just a 30 minute quick ride. Believe it or not it took that long because of construction on I 95. It has been an ongoing nightmare and no end in sight. The bad part was Jim had to get back up to our area by 6 AM for work. I jumped out of his truck and he was off. Because I was so early there was no curbside check-in so I had to go inside but there was almost no line. I got my chariot to get me to the gate and was off to TSA. I did have an issue here with my ankle brace. I don't know why as it is plastic and stretchy material but it was resolved quickly. I reached my gate in plenty of time and boarding went quickly. Soon we were seeing this - the Center City skyline and the Delaware River

There was a ton of cloud cover and some turbulence delaying the drink and snacks so I just put my camera away and read for awhile. In no time I was seeing the Florida coastline

And Orlando

We actually landed 15 minutes early. I know when I get off of the plane I get dirty looks because I pass on the wheelchair that is waiting for me. I have a legitimate reason for that. After 2+ hours on the plane my knees are locked. I have had 6 knee surgeries and they just get really stiff. I walk to work that out. I have a cane and go at my own pace. In no time I was on my first "ride"

I headed down to the Magical Express and had an issue with my MB. I had my paperwork also so I was able to get on the bus with no problems. I changed my reservation slightly after my MB shipped and added dining a week before I left. Evidently that changes everything. It was fixed at the resort so no more problems after that.

While on my way to the resort I got a call that Walker would be meeting me with my ECV and a text that my room was ready. Then I saw this

I was at Pop Century by 10:30, well ahead of the time I expected to be there. I headed to the desk to straighten out the issue with my MB and got a room in a slightly better location and it was also ready. I headed up to the room and dropped off my backpack and carryon and of course a few pictures

I got my mug and filled my water bottle and was off to the bus stop by 11:20. I had to wait for a bus but by around noon I was seeing this

Saw some of the Citizens of Hollywood and watched for a couple of minutes

Saw the March of the First Order

and a glimpse of a Galaxy Far, Far Away. I've watched the Force Awakens about 40 times so a huge fan.

My first stop was One Man's Dream and then I was off to Toy Story Midway mania for my first FP+. I waited for the accessible car to come around and the Cast Member there struck up a conversation with me. He asked where the rest of my party was and I told him I was traveling alone. My husband sent me to Disney to celebrate being old all by myself. He said I can't be that old and was "shocked" when I told him I had 8 grandkids. To celebrate my birthday he gave me 3 paper FP's to be used anywhere in Hollywood Studios for the week.

I wandered around slowly taking in all of the changes. No more Backlot Tour

I was actually a little saddened by the changes. I just hope what is coming is worth what was lost. Next up

As I read my notes I know I was disappointed that the Great Movie Ride seemed to be more of the Turner Broadcasting commercial, but I do enjoy seeing some of the old movie scenes.

I headed back for my favorite ride - Star Tours and then headed down to see a Rebel and a villain. While waiting the Stormtroopers came in.

My next cat is going to be named Yoda

I love this Wookie

A Jawa. He did look over the SCV but I wouldn't trade

And Kylo Ren - his mind tricks didn't work. My head is a blank slate

Hollywood Brown Derby detail

And off to ride another favorite

When I got back to the scooter after Tower of Terror I dropped my lens cap. When I reached down to pick it up it moved. This was underneath it

I freaked out. I do NOT like snakes - big, small it doesn't matter. When I was growing up my brother had a snake and he liked to chase me with it. He even put it in my bed one night. Did I mention I am not to fond of my brother.

After the Tower of Terror I started heading over to find some food, I was hungry. I stopped to watch A Galaxy Far, Far Away again.

Never noticed this before

And a lizard. Lizards I can deal with, snakes freak me out. That black snake was at least not venomous although I didn't know it at the time.

The plaque was under the Cameraman Statue

I decided to stop at the ABC Commissary. I always like the Surf and Turf Burger that was no longer on the menu. I decided to get the steak instead.

And the Darth Vader cupcake

The steak wasn't that bad, I have had worse. While I ate I got a phone call from my one daughter. My granddaughter had a cardiology appointment that day and she was on speaker phone during the appointment in case my other daughter needed any help. My husband drove them to the appointment but they can get side tracked and I needed somebody who was able to figure things out. My granddaughter was 12 at the time but has high cholesterol. Her numbers were still high but a little better. They were more concerned that she gained a lot of weight in a short period of time. More drs. and bloodwork when I get home. They did go off track so at least my daughter on the phone was able to deal with that. No sooner did she hang up than my other daughter called. Then my husband and my mother. By time I ate my steak it was cold.

After I finally finished eating I went to see the busts and found a few I hadn't seen before

And favorites

I was glad I did as not long after I came home they were removed. I then found a spot to see A galaxy Far, Far Away but in its entirety this time. My grandson loves Darth Maull and has never seen a movie

My favorite Wookie again

I didn't have a great spot so phones got in my way. Then I was off to find a Snowman

I did Star Tours again. Did I mention I LOVE that ride.

I then got some of the hand/foot prints outside of the Great Movie Ride. Found a few new ones
Estelle Getty

Rue McClanahan

And Mark Hamill

I got a text from Scott that he was in the park so I was off to meet him and a friend. I knew who she was from here on the Dis but I had never met her before. We were off to Star Tours again and I used one of my paper FP's. Scott tried on ears

I will never do that. My younger granddaughter got Super Lice at school and it took forever to get rid of them. My daughter finally had to get a prescription. The thought of them invading again is enough to make me never get another hat anywhere.

We headed over to Toy Story Midway Mania and did one stand-by and we were sent off to the new area. I beat my earlier score so that is always fun. As we walked around to go on again with a FP I saw the Green Army Men, I got a salute

and a pose, you can see Glenda ahead of me in the pictures.

We went on the ride again and I had my best score of the day. I went from 122,000 to 151,000 to 172,000. I was happy.

It was then off to get a spot for the fireworks show.

We found a great spot right in front at the stage.

The crowds behind us

And then the fireworks started - Star Wars a Galactic Experience

I loved the show or what I could see of it. Turns out that being right on the stage is not exactly the best spot after all. The park was now closed so we slowly made our way to the exit. I managed to get back to the resort in time to watch Big Brother and see who won. Ten minutes after putting the TV on I was fast asleep. I had a great first day. I had one small issue pop up and I wasn't even walking much. I had a pedicure the day before and they cut my toe along the nail bed. I actually had 5 Chinese people arguing in Chinese over my toe. The toe wound up infected by the end of my first day and a little swollen. Thankfully I had some Neosporin with me so I put some on with a Band-Aid and kept an eye on the toe. Overall not a bad first day.

Day 2
I was up at 6AM, showered and out of the door with my camera. I like the early morning stroll around the resort, especially new ones.

I remember this day very well, so does my brother. It was his 5th birthday and we waited on cake to watch it on TV

View of Art of Animation

The pool at my building

It was a fun walk and a nice resort. Larger than I expected. I got some coffee and headed back to the room to jot down my notes and text Jim. Just checking to see how things were at home. I was then off after loading up the scooter for the day. Stopped at the food court to fill my water bottles. I bring them from home and it works out really well. I have 2 of them and fill one with water and a lot of ice. The other gets filled with Iced Tea from my mug with ice. I then fill the empty one with what is left after a meal. This way my foot doesn't get wet. I was off but where was I headed?

So I was off to a park finally and just missed the bus. Another ECV pulled up right behind me but within 15 minutes there were 2 buses. We got loaded on and were off. I had a very nice conversation with a gentleman on the bus about the scooter, why I need it but absolutely hate it. I see the looks given to me at the end of the day when everyone is tired and cranky just wanting to head back to the resort and have to wait on me. This gentleman just made my day when he said to ignore them and be glad that the scooter gives me the ability to vacation. It was a great start to my day. I was at Magic Kingdom by around 9 so not a bad start. I only took this picture heading in

It was crowded and I have pics of the decorations from other trips. I deviated from my norm and headed straight back to Fantasyland. I found the fountain and still haven't got the angle I want

I headed straight to Peter Pan's Flight. I did take pictures but still haven't perfected any on that ride. Darkness, movement and the camera doesn't cooperate. After flying over London I was off to meet some friends - seven of them. I found these sisters along the way

I did have a FP+ for later but the wait time for the Mine Train was only posted at 45 minutes so I got in line. There was a teenage boy in front of me and he asked me to please not run over his sneakers. I laughed and promised I wouldn't, I am very careful. He told me they were brand new and $190. I completely understood what he was saying as I have a teenaged grandson who loves his sneakers too. The young man said that a wqoman on a scooter ran over his sneakers the day before. I told him my speed was dialed all the way down and we chatted all through the line. It was really warm out and when we reached this point he asked me if I wanted him to get some water to drizzle down my neck. I didn't but thanked him.

I managed to just get the young man's face as he passed by in the left of this picture

We wound up riding together so that was nice. He really was a very nice young man and helped me pass the time in the queue. I managed a decent picture of Dopey

I timed the wait to see how long it really took and it was only around 30 minutes from entering the line to exiting at the end. Winnie the Pooh was next with a 30 minute posted wait time. I finally got the picture
169 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

Headed for a trip under the sea next to visit a mermaid. Posted time was 15 minutes but it was a walk-on. The ride stopped a couple of times so I got some nice pictures

I finally had my 1st FP+ time come up so I was off to meet 999 friendly spirits.

And I was starving at this point as it was getting close to lunch time. I have found a favorite in Columbia Harbor House and it is right there. I ordered the Shrimp Platter and Iced Tea with the Seasonal Cobbler. The cast member noticed my Birthday Button and gave me a Chocolate Cake also. It was a snack a little later in the day

The shrimp is really good and the cobbler was delicious. I did pour what was left of the Iced Tea in my one water bottle. After lunch I was off to Adventureland. The line for the Jungle Cruise wasn't to bad so I took a ride. The skipper mumbled the whole time so I missed most everything he said. I did enjoy the queue.

I don't often get to go on through the stand-by queue so I really enjoyed being able to see some of it. I still had some time to kill for my next FP+ so I went on It's a Small World. I know, I hear the groans but I do enjoy the ride. My granddaughter named the hippo Gloria and it has stuck. Her eyes were a little wonky

I went for artistic here but I should have aimed a little lower

Finally time for my FP I was off to pillage and plunder - Pirates of the Caribbean. I managed to get the mermaid skeleton

I had a FP for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train but decided to skip it. I miss the paper FP's when this happens because I would have given it to someone. I stopped to watch the show

Took some pictures of the Hub Statues to practice a technique

This was one of my favorites as I got the perfect focus with the blur in the background

At my picture limit and leaving Magic Kingdom but where am I headed?

So I left Magic Kingdom and headed to the monorail but it wasn't running. I took a bus to the Boardwalk Resort because I was heading to Epcot. I got turned around a bit once there trying to get to the walkway to the park but found my way with the help of a very nice Cast member.

Pics along the way

I got to the bag check area and they had me go through the metal detector. I was annoyed because my knee was really hurting. I was more annoyed when I went through with no issue and remembered I had my wallet with my replica of Jim's badge in my pocket. I don't care that they have the check points but they are an illusion of safety. Bag checks are either extremely thorough or a quick glance. Backpacks have many pockets and I have watched security skip all but one pocket so anything could be in there. The scooter either gets searched or ignored. The metal detectors are random and as I said I went through with no problem although I had metal in my pocket. Just my own bias I know but go all or nothing.

Anyway I was in the park and off to the World Showcase. First stop was the Chase Lounge. Very nice perk for Chase card holders. A cool place to sit and some free drinks.

Since I was there for the Food & Wine Festival I got my first foods. The first stop was at Hops and Barley for Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimiento Cheese served on Griddled Garlic Toast - $5.25

And Freshly Baked Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing - $3.75

The brisket was flavorful but very dry as was the toast. The cake was good but not quite baked through and the icing was very sweet. I would probably get it again figuring it was just an off day. I moved on and as I neared Italy I saw the Flag Wavers of Sansepolcro coming out so I stayed to watch the show.

Sorry I got a little carried away with the pictures but I was so glad I had the opportunity to see them. Not long after I came home it was announced that they were leaving Disney.

My next stop was Germany for the Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese - $3.75

I had it on previous visits and loved it. I was not disappointed this time. I tried making it at home once and it wasn't the same. My view as I ate

As I traveled on I found some Vikings in Norway

\

They were hilarious. They were looking at the sky and then the ground. The one started to act like he was gagging. I don't know what fell out of the sky but it must have been nasty.

Mexico was next and of course a trip with the Three Caballeros. I never noticed that the flags had characters on them

And I found Donald and friends

View of the Pavilion as I left Mexico

I was feeling the need for speed so I was off to Test Track. Honestly I drive faster when I get the chance. I did the single rider line and it was a walk on. It did start to drizzle while we were going around the track

I thought nothing of it because the skies looked so blue. By time I got to the exit this was my sight

The skies literally opened up. It rained heavy for at least 15-20 minutes so I stayed there waiting for a break in the weather

Finally able to move on I headed to the Festival Center. I looked around and checked out the Chocolate Sculptures. Unfortunately I didn't get the best pictures because my camera would not lock focus. I did get
Star Wars

Ratatouille

And a Bug's Life

The pandas were so realistic looking

Moving on I waited here to get the picture I wanted. The nice thing about being solo is I can spend as much time as I want for a picture

And I got what I wanted. The skies also looked like they were getting better too

Since I was in Future World I headed to the Land for one of my favorite rides. No, not Soarin'. That ride makes me nauseous. I love Living with the Land. They added little signs that not only name the plant but where it is used

It was then back to World Showcase. I love getting my monorail shots

Went to Scotland for the Tipsy Laird: Whiskey soaked cake with lemon cream and toasted oats - $3.50

This was good but had a little to much raspberry puree for my taste. Not a fan of raspberry. At this point I decided I was tired and headed out of the park and hoped to avoid the crowds

I did decide to take a ride on Spaceship Earth but I had no future

Back at Pop Century I decided to get something for dinner. I had the pot roast, potatoes and string beans with a Fuze Iced Tea and tried the tie dyed cheesecake

The pot roast and vegies were really good. I saved the Iced Tea for the parks as I was filling up my mug with the Gold Peak Iced Tea I love. The cheesecake was just OK. It was a little dry and just a standard pre-pack type of dessert. It was a lot of food at 8:30 at night though. I read for a bit and was asleep by 10.

Day 3

I had a slower start to the day as I wasn't feeling 100%. My allergies were acting up which caused my ear to clog. The worst part was my stomach was really queasy from the meal the night before. I felt a little better after my shower. Before I went to the bus stop I filled my bottles with water and stopped in Everything POP for a hat. I was getting a headache from squinting. Even with a slower start I was at EPCOT before 9 AM. IThe crowds weren't that bad

Headed on Spaceship Earth and this was spooky it was so empty

We stopped at the Renaissance scene and I got a decent picture

I still had no future. Up next was Living with the Land

I had these at some point on the trip. I love my Polish soul food. After the ride I signed up for the Behind the Seeds tour. It was something I always talked about doing so Carpe Diem - I seized the day. Since I had a little time before the tour started I headed over to Sunshine Seasons for a piece of Strawberry Shortcake.

The shortcake was not up to its usual standards. It was mushy and there were ice crystals throughout because it had been frozen The tour was lining up so I joined the group. I wish I had done it on foot and could hear better because I definitely missed some things.
A Baobob tree with leaves

Bitter Melon - evidently these are an Oriental favorite and very slimy and bitter when ripe.

Winter Melon - They can get very heavy and last for several months after picked

There was an opportunity to feed the Tilapia. They know it is coming and there is a real feeding frenzy

Our tour guide

Pepper plant - the spice. If I heard this right black, red and white pepper all come from the same plant

And just to prove I was there I had my picture taken with my new hat

I really enjoyed the tour and may do it again but on foot so I can move around easier. Added bonus is that right now my ear issues seem to have been resolved. By the time I was done the tour the World Showcase had opened up. I was off for more food samples.

First stop was Brazil for Escondidinho de Carne, layered meat pie with mashed yucca - $5.00. This was fantastic. I compared it to Shepheds Pie which I love

And I had the Crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato - $5.50. This was WOW! It really was very good, one of the best things I had

Have errands to run so I will finish later

Nice update!

I really enjoyed the Food and Wine Fest when I was there in 2014. My dad and I had a lot of fun (DH not so much, LOL, he wasn't really into it)

Glad you got to go on the Behind the Seeds tour, we did that on our trip back in 2010 and it was great.

Nice update!

I really enjoyed the Food and Wine Fest when I was there in 2014. My dad and I had a lot of fun (DH not so much, LOL, he wasn't really into it)

Glad you got to go on the Behind the Seeds tour, we did that on our trip back in 2010 and it was great.

I love the Food and Wine Fest, sadly I will miss it this year. My husband isn't much into any of it which is why I travel alone now. The tour really was nice and I may do it again in the spring on my next solo trip. I want to skip the ECV and do it on foot so I can maneuver better.

Sorry I have been AWOL but school started and my daughter graduated from nursing school so I had a huge party to throw. Hoping to get through my last few days and an added bonus trip in March 2017 in the next few days.

When I left off I had stopped at Brazil for some food samplings. I passed through Morocco and always wind up taking a picture of the fountain. Happily there were no people in it for once

Stopped at the food booth for a chocolate baklava - $3.95

It was good but a little odd. Headed on to Japan and looked at the Kawaii exhibit again. The watched Matzuriza. I actually enjoyed it and they added a little theatrics

Next up was Germany. I was looking at shirts for my aunt. I texted a few pics to her but she didn't like any of them. I did spot some stained glass

The Poland food booth is right there and it calls to me every visit. My grandmother was Polish and 1st generation born in the United States and she was very proud of her heritage. I got the Golabki$5.50 and the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie $5.50

They were both excellent and the Golabki reminded me of my Grams. Now when I ordered it I used the correct Polish pronunciation - Gwumpki. The cast members looked at me like I had 2 heads. So I said Go-lab-key. Then they understood. While I ate away Scott texted me that he was in EPCOT. I told him I was at Germany and would be by the trains. I actually had fun there. There were a lot of little lizards out and about and they made me think of my grandson. He is into Godzilla and the size of the lizards made them look like Godzilla

Scott caught up to me and we decided to give Frozen Ever After a try. The wait time was 90 minutes but he said it usually moves faster than that. It did move along and we chatted and took pictures. Scott takes more than I do and I take ALOT! We were in line about 30 minutes when an announcement came over the loud speaker that the ride was down. We left and moved on. We stopped at the Chew and Scott treated. I had the Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with Caramel Drizzle - $3.25

This was very good. The caramel had an odd taste but it was good. Since Scott is a DVC member we went to the lounge to relax and chat for a bit. That is a great perk for members. We stayed there for a bit and then had to get going as he was meeting someone else soon. I went on Journey into the Imagination since I was right there. I got a pic of a very spooky Figment

Scott was still outside the pavilion with his friend so I said Hi and Bye and was off to Frozen Ever After for my FP+. Thankfully it was up and running.

It's a cute ride and my grandkids will love it. The ride is too short to justify the wait times and it really has nothing to do with Norwegian culture in my opinion anyway. It took so long to get this ride up and running that I was surprised that it was really just new backdrops. They should have done something with the boat system as it was constantly breaking down while I was there.

The food booth at Italy was on my way as I wandered so I got the Pennete alla Parmigiana: Baked Ziti and Chicken Parm $6.25

This was really good and well worth the price as the portion was very generous. My view as I ate

Stopped in Japan for a Kake Gori. I love the rainbow but the flavors get a little weird when they melt and mix together

Stopped at the Ireland food booth for the Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liquer (spelling?) Custard $3.75 and the Irish Cheese Selection Plate with Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Irish Porter $4.25

The Chocolate Pudding was excellent I would get it again with no hesitation. The cheeses were OK but the piece of bread was extremely dry and 2 of the flavors were very salty. The fruit compote did help balance the saltiness but barely.

I wandered on in search of a fish. It's a cute ride and I do like exploring the pavilion. Found a cast member from my area and we chatted for a few minutes. I found a Horseshoe Crab and was really happy about that. I find the outer shells on the beach but had never really seen a live one before

And I was thrilled to get a pic here with nobody in it

Felt a need for speed so I was off to Test Track again. Honestly I drive faster than the ride but I do enjoy it. I called it a day and headed back to the resort and had dinner there. Pineapple upside down cake which was really good and very fresh and the chicken platter with mashed potatoes. I mostly ate the potatoes. I have a very weird quirk and only eat the outer layer of chicken on the bone. What I did eat was good.

I chatted with Jim for a bit and settled in to watch a Star Wars movie on the TV.

Day 4

I slept in - til 7 AM! I was headed to EPCOT for the morning and then leaving early afternoon when the crowds picked up with the locals. It was a Saturday so I knew the crowds would pick up. I had a Bounty breakfast at the food court but didn't finish it. My stomach was still a bit off. Filled my water bottles and I was off to the bus stop and in EPCOT by around 9:15.

I took a couple of pictures as I wandered around

An empty Canada

Rope up in France

The line for Frozen Ever After

Just like this picture

Rope Drop from China

I headed towards Test Track and got side tracked waiting for this picture. It was worth it

While I waited I got a text from my friend Kristel, my Disney travel buddy and dear friend. She wanted to let me know that she had to put her Doxie Max down earlier that day. She was upset understandably so it took a few monorails to get that picture. Every time one went by I was in the middle of a text.

I decided to skip the ride and headed back to World Showcase since it was close to 11 at this point. The nice thing about going solo is you can stop and take time to console a friend. I stopped at Farm Fresh for the Loaded Mac N Cheese - $4.50

It was OK but had a few to many green onions and was spicy. I liked it better the year before. The crowds were starting to build

Looked through China and took some pics of the water lilies. I loved this red one

I found Remy

Stopped at Japan's food booth for the Garlic Shrimp $6.95

This was just OK. I am not a shrimp expert and even I could tell the shrimp was rubbery. The rice was really dry and bland. A little of the garlic sauce would have been really nice.

Next up was Belgium and the Belgian Waffle with warm chocolate ganache and whipped cream - $3.75. And the Beer Braised beef with smoked gouda mashed potatoes - $4.75

The waffle was excellent, crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. The chocolate was perfect but it was really hot and the whipped cream couldn't take the heat. The beer braised beef put me off by its looks - reminded me a bit of dog food, sorry but it did. Never just by looks alone because this was awesome. The beef was flavorful and tender, the gouda was a nice addition to the potatoes. My only complaint was the celery. I know it is used in a lot of stews and soups but I don't like it, never have.

I wandered on and stopped in United Kingdom and found some Stained Glass

I did take a ride on Test Track and headed out back to the resort. I stopped by the room to drop off my bag and change the cameras battery. I also called ME to verify my travel information to go home. When I added the dining plan everything got fouled up so I wanted to make sure they had my flight information. I refilled my water bottles and was off to the next park.

I was off to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the day. My bus

I was surprised by the crowd levels heading in but I was without a bag so I wasn't concerned until I got picked for the farce metal detectors again. The lines were longer there than for bag check and they missed the metal in my pocket again. This whole thing caused me to miss my FP+ for the Festival of the Lion King by minutes. Of course the theater was still filling up but I had to go to stand-by and hope they had room so I said; "Forget it!" I was in a cranky mood because of all this.

I went through the Pangani Trail or Gorilla Trail, not sure what the name is now. I saw an Okapi

And the Taveta Weaver again. They fascinate me and yes I am still afraid of birds

Watched the Carnivale show for a few minutes. They amazed me dancing on the stilts. I have trouble walking in sneakers.

I decided to stop in to Finding Nemo: The Musical. It had been a few years since I saw the show.

Fish are friends!

I love Crush

Next stop was the safari but I was sidetracked by the Karibu Sisters. My priest and his family are from Uganda so I have become interested in African culture

Kilimanjaro Safari and a selfie
298 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

We saw a lot of animals but I loved the native armadillo. He's a friend of one of the animals on the safari. The warthog or mandrill and I can't remember now
352 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

The cheetah was actually up and moving
377 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

There were no lions on this safari, a little disappointing as they are my favorites. I went on the Jungle Trek and there were no tigers.

Rivers of Light area
431 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

437 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

I was getting hungry so I headed to Restaurantosaurus for dinner. I love Flame Tree Barbecue but I was in the mood for a burger.

The fixings bar here is the best. I put guacamole, chili and mushrooms on my burger and some chili on the fries. I also got the strawberry cheesecake and an Iced Coffee which is actually included as a drink on the dining plan. I was happy and full. I called my daughter and told her about this one as her 2 year old and 3 year old LOVE guacamole.

I stopped to watch some of the Tree of Life Awakenings

I then left because the guy with the kid on his shoulders came late and stood right in front of me. I am a parent and a grandparent so I understand traveling with children but, and it's a HUGE BUT, be considerate of other people. If you arrive late realize that other people now can't see because of you. He blocked a lot of people behind me so there were some words said. I just left.

I saw the Karibu Sisters again

I really enjoyed watching them. As I said my priest is from Uganda but my parish also has members from Liberia, Ghana and Nigeria. I have become interested in the different cultures of Africa. As Father Sam told my mom, "Africa is a continent of different countries and cultures!" I assumed as many people do that they are all the same.

With that I headed back to the resort. I had an up and down day. Most of it was good but the farce of security really bothered me. The detectors are only looking for a certain kind of metal so my birthday button had to come off but the metal badge in my back pocket was OK? And I was told I was singled out because I am a solo adult. I have no issue with security if it is for everyone but the hit or miss randomness annoys me. men with huge cargo pockets are bypassed because they are with a family but an older single woman in an ECV is a threat. Just really got to me that day.

I also had issues with rules not being enforced and cast members looking the other way. Selfie sticks are banned but yet they were all over the park and I almost got hit in the head more than once. I did say something to a cast member who replied, "It's not my job to say anything!" How did they get past bag check or metal detectors. That's right the guy had cargo pants and probably wasn't picked for the metal detectors.

Rolling coolers were another pet peeve that day. They are banned and for a good reason as I saw that day. The lid fell off of one as it tipped and ice spilled everywhere. I tried to avoid it but slid on the ice. If I had bumped into someone I would have been the one at fault in people's eyes being on the scooter. The fact that I slid on ice wouldn't have mattered.

I may have just been in a cranky mood that day but I was really annoyed by some of it.

Day 5

Early wakeup and after a quick shower I grabbed the camera and headed over to Art of Animation to explore.

I do like Crush

It was a nice walk but hot! Animation is a cute resort but not sure I will ever stay there. After grabbing some breakfast I was off to Disney Springs to check it out. I hadn't been there since it was Downtown Disney. I wasn't sure what to expect but I got there really early and took my time wandering around.

Nice to see some of the familiar landmarks

I stopped at T-Rex to ask about peanut allergies. They weren't open yet but are peanut friendly.

I'm not sure I like all of the changes. It seems more like an upscale suburban mall now and missed the Disney feel. I also didn't like the huge hike from the bus stop to the Christmas store and then back again. That is a long walk. I finally got to the bus stop and waited forever for a bus. Seriously some resorts had 4 or 5 come and go before one finally showed up. I was thrilled to be sitting and then back at the resort to get my scooter. My knee was swelling up as was my ankle. I took an Aleve, filled my water bottles and was off again.

I was off to EPCOT and headed straight back to the World Showcase. My first stop was Hawaii and the Kahlua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayo - $4.25. I really enjoyed it this year. It wasn't quite as spicy as in previous years. The meat was tender and flavorful and the pineapple gave it a nice balance of flavors.

Next up was Canada and the Le Cellier wild mushroom beef filet with truffle butter sauce - $7.75. In previous trips this was a HUGE favorite. Not this time. The meat was tough and had absolutely no flavor. It was also smaller, not worth the money at all.

Then I went completely out of my comfort zone and went to South Korea. I know that Korean food can be spicy so I was prepared for that. I got the Korean Style BBQ Beef with steamed rice and Cucumber Kimchee - $5.25. This was beyond excellent. The meat was tender and very flavorful and the kimchee paired with it really well. The only complaint would have been the bland rice but when eaten with the beef and kimchee it was ok.

Next up was Australia and the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp - $5.00. This was good. The shrimp had a touch of heat that balanced well with the pineapple

I also tried the Lamington: Yellow cake dipped in chocolate and coconut - $3.00. This is very sweet but at least this time there was some cake to balance it out.

It was a really pretty day

Took a ride on Test Track and I was off to Hollywood Studios for the rest of the day.

Once through security and with no issues I was headed straight back to my favorite ride - Star Tours

I went on 2 times but both rides were exactly the same. A cast member told me it had been that way most of the day so I moved on.

I cannot wait for this

A last look at the Writer's Stop. I had heard rumors it was going to be taken down and when I got home the rumors were confirmed

Captain Phasma

Kylo Ren

Took a ride on Toy Story Midway Mania. Not my best score but it was fun. Then I was off to Tower of Terror. I actually put the camera down and just enjoyed the ride. It's one of the few where I don't have a camera in my face on the ride picture. I was hungry so I went to ABC Commissary for dinner again. It was there and I love the Darth Vader cupcake. Just as I finished eating Scott texted me to let me know he was here. We were meeting for the fireworks show. So I found him and then we found an excellent spot to watch the show. The stormtroopers were out

Then the fireworks started

Just a couple of months later Carrie Fisher was gone

Hidden Mickey

We took our time heading out to miss some of the crowds when Scott noticed this

He is there all of the time since he now lives 10 minutes away and never noticed that Pluto's tail wags. The picture is a little blurry because I was laughing.

We said good-bye and I headed back to the resort. I did get my AP glass while I was in EPCOT and a shirt for Food & Wine. I better look for it as I haven't seen it lately lol.

My son texted me through the night as I missed my grandson's ball game. He pitched a great game and got the win! Back at the3 resort I packed up everything but what I needed in the morning as my trip would be coming to an end.

Day 6

Sadly the worst day of any trip - the day you have to go home to reality. I showered, packed the rest of my things and took the suitcase down to the resort check in desk. No bag fees as I opted to upgrade to first class on the way home. Headed back to the room for a final check and was off for breakfast. Walker called just as I finished to let me know they would be there in 5 minutes for the scooter. Dropped off my carryon bag and backpack at bell services and Walker pulled up. I took a few pics of the lobby as I headed to the bus stop.

I am old enough to remember and miss drive-in movies

Showing my age again, the moon walk was on my brothers 5th birthday. He said it ruined his birthday because we forgot to sing Happy Birthday to him

This made me laugh out loud. My son's first sentence was "Where's the beef?" He still likes his fast food

Finally on my way to EPCOT and this was the crowd to get in at 9:30, and yes I got "randomly" chosen for extra security again. I told the guard it was a joke. I actually had a chat with one of the sheriffs officers and showed him my husband's badge. I have an exact replica.

I went on Spaceship Earth by the regular line and still had no future

Stopped in for a pic of Joy and Sadness and chatted with a woman waiting for her grandkids. Evidently she was picked at random everyday because she is on the tall side. We decided us old Grandmas must be a huge threat

Next up was Living with the Land. The Peanut Butter Tree intrigues me

Monorail shot

Went to Mexico's food booth for the Barbacoa Enchilada - $5.50 and Flan de Chocolate Abuelita - $3.95. The enchilada was ok. The flan convinced me that I do NOT like flan.

I got another great monorail shot

Went on Test Track but with a FP+ so I got to design my vehicle

I decided to do the Ratatouile scavenger hunt although I will admit I cheated. I googled the locations.
Mexico

Norway

China

The Outpost

I decided to try the Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread - $5.50. I mostly ate the bread. Didn't like this one at all

Germany

Italy

As bad as the crowds appeared at the entrance they really weren't that bad once in the park

I stopped in the Chase Lounge for a cold drink and then moved on.

American Adventure

Japan

Morocco and I was glad I googled this one

France

United Kingdom

Canada

Stopped at the Greece food booth for Spanikopita - $4.25 and Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake. I loved the spanakopita the cake was OK

Islands of the Caribbean for Mojo Pork with Black beans, rice and pickled red onions - $4.25. This was really good

and the Quesito: Puff pastry with sweetened cream cheese and guava sauce - $3.75. This was really good also

Went on Journey into Imagination one last time and the skies were looking a little ominous.

Next stop was Club Cool for a sample or 2. When they saw the birthday button I got a free icee. It was nice and cold but soda always makes me thirsty. The skies were really looking nasty now

I stopped at Mouse Gears on the way out and those beautiful blue skies turned ugly and opened up. I wound up having to buy a poncho. I did buy a shirt and that turned out to be a good thing as I had to change when I got back to the resort.

I raced through my last meal because of the rain delay. I had the Johnny Appleseed Sandwich and a Pecan Tart. They were both really delicious but I ate them quickly. I got my bags from Bell Services and had to rearrange a few things. I finished just in time for the ME bus.

I had plenty of time at the airport to get through TSA and American is a hike from the ME drop off. No problems with TSA for once. The lines were long but moved quickly. I was boarding my flight home in no time. First class was amazing. Real glassware and warm nuts and a choice of an appetizer type meal. I opted for the fruit and cheese and it was an excellent choice.

The plane landed early and jim was there waiting for me with my baby. I had an awesome trip and couldn't wait to go back. As it turned out I didn't have a long wait, I went back in early March so I am adding one more trip to this report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!