3 Trips in 1 year with a Side of Baseball and Scotland - Updated 10/3 The End

As I said I have a bonus trip to add. I could have done a separate report but I just figured this would be easier. Spring is a very tough time of year for me as my oldest grandson is a baseball player. This would be his senior year in high school and I did not want to miss any games. I had a few stressful months and Jim told me to take a vacation so who am I to say no??? I opted for the first week of March. I would get to see the Flower & Garden festival and I would be back in time to see my grandson play ball.

I went from March 1st to March 7th staying at the All Star Sports resort. I took Southwest down and flew American home - FIRST CLASS! After my last trip I was spoiled. My biggest issue was getting to the airport and home again. Jim was not able to drive as he had a broken right foot. Look for my new trip report coming soon for details. Anyway my son in law said he could get me to the airport and my son would pick me up. The kids all said they would check on their dad and make sure he was fed so I was set.

Day 1
I swore I would pack early this trip and of course the night before I was running around getting it done. At 4 AM I was up, showered and had my luggage downstairs. My poor puppy followed me around because she knew I was leaving her again. Since I had time I got a quick cup of coffee and just as I finished cleaning the cup Mike was there to take me away. I managed to get up, showered, downstairs with my luggage, have coffee and clean up the kitchen in less than 30 minutes.

I was at Philly International in about 30 minutes as there is construction going on and it slowed us down a bit. There was a small line at curbside check-in but it moved quickly. Waiting for the wheelchair inside wasn't as fast. I was really glad I wasn't flying Frontier though. That line was really long and slow. No issues at TSA but I also forgot my ankle brace. I made it to my gate at 5:45 and by 6 AM we were boarding. We were in the air at 6:30 AM, right on time. I only had one real complaint, the woman sitting next to me decided she needed my seat as well as hers. I was literally forced into the arm rest. I put the one between the seats down hoping she would get the hint and she hogged that too. I was thrilled we landed 30 minutes early. Skipped the waiting wheelchair so I could work the kinks in my knee out and off to Magical Express. There was a huge line in front of me and it was mostly foreigners. The bus was full and I wound up hobbling to the back of the bus because they pulled the "No Habla" when the bus driver asked them to vacate the handicap accessible seats. Actually it was pretty funny since the driver spoke to them in Spanish. I just found a seat and was ok until the couple in front of me both reclined their seats onto my bad knees and went to sleep. One of the longest bus rides ever!!! Thankfully All Star Sports was the first stop. I had to head to the front desk to add a code for my Magic Band so I could use the dining plan. I asked about my room, which wasn't ready. They showed me the location and said I could try and get a room that was ready but I said it was OK. It was a GREAT location. My scooter arrived just as I finished up so I was happy. I dropped my bags off at Bell Services and headed to the food court for my drinks. I was a little sad to see that my white citrus tea was no longer available. I was at the bus stop and on the way to EPCOT in no time.

Security wasn't an issue and in no time I was seeing

My first ride was Spaceship Earth. I had gotten a new 50mm fast lens for dark rides so I couldn't wait to try it. I wasn't disappointed.
This has always been one of the areas to give me issues so I was really happy with it

And I managed to get the newspaper boy. A little blurry but better than I have gotten him ever

I literally had no chance for a future as the screen never loaded. So far I was off to a good start. I just wandered around for a bit taking pictures
Figment

Donald and his nephews

Just a pretty view

Next up was Living with the Land.

Cacao

And a Hidden Mickey

Next stop - the Butterfly Tent. I love Butterflies

I was saddened to see that the festival was just hours old and there were already so many damaged and dying butterflies. They are such delicate creatures and touching their wings removes the scales they need to fly. Parents just let their kids poke and prod them. Just made me sad.

I was supposed to meet my friend Scott so while I waited for his text I was off to start sampling foods. I was a bit hungry. First up was Urban Farm Eats. I had the Watermelon salad with pickled onions, baby arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction - $4.00

and the seared pork tenderloin with mushroom ragout, spring vegetables and marble potatoes - $6.25

The watermelon salad was every bit as good as I remembered it. The watermelon was ripe and sweet and balanced well with the saltiness of the cheese and tang of the reduction. The pork was also very good. the meat was very tender and the perfect balance of potatoes and vegetables. The vegies were a little crunchy, asparagus and carrots, so that was nice and favorite vegies. This was worth every penny.

Scott texted me while I ate so I was off in search of him and Vinny.

Scott had texted me that he and Vinny were in EPCOT at the Festival Center so I was off to meet them. Of course there were pictures along the way

Phineas and Ferb, and as often as my grandson tells me which one is which I forget again

Buzz Lightyear

Outside of the Festival Center

I found Scott and Vinny and we sat and chatted, catching up. We then looked around the Center. Scott and I can rival each other when it comes to taking pictures. I did take a few that day. We then headed out to look around. Scott stopped for a pic here and I went for reflections

We headed towards the World Showcase and found Bambi and friends

Winnie the Pooh and friends

I couldn't get Tigger because the placement was a little tough. There was a table in front of him and people were eating there. Just a bad placement. I did like these flowers though

Tinkerbell

Peter Pan

And just a pretty view. The skies were really blue

Vinny was hungry so we checked a few places and finally opted for the Liberty Inn. I had the steak and shrimp with French fries and broccoli and an iced tea. The food was decent. The shrimp were cooked perfectly as was the broccoli. I hate mushy vegies and chewy shrimp so I was happy. The food was more than enough and I didn't miss having a dessert at all. We wandered further along and said our good-byes in Mexico. I knew we would be seeing each other again later in the week.

After I said good-bye to Scott and Vinny I looked around Mexico. Found the Three Caballeros

Some orchids

Found some more stained glass I had never noticed before

I then went on the Gran Fiesta Tour. I only took a few pictures as I wanted to just sit back and relax. When I got off I looked around a little more and saw this mug. I thought of getting it for my daughter but decided not to at that time. Turns out my youngest granddaughter wants it too.

I spotted Donald Duck out for meet and greets but wasn't in the mood for a picture. I was off to Norway and found Anna and Elsa

Then I went in to meet the "real" Anna and Elsa. It was a lot of fun and asked about my kingdom and how much snow we get there. My grandkids will love it

I had a FP+ for Frozen Ever After but it was down and from what I heard the 5th or 6th time that day. I wasn't real happy as it was my only FP+ for it and I had no plans to ride it the rest of the week. I decided to wander around and come back before I left for the night. I checked out China and the area that used to have the Tomb Warriors. It is now a display about Shanghai Disney. It wasn't worth the time. I would rather see a display about China not a Disney park.

Next up was the Primavera Kitchen in Italy for the Strawberry Tiramisu: Ladyfingers, Mascarpone cream and marinated strawberries topped with strawberry sauce - $5.50. This was really good the sweetnes of the cream and sauce balanced the slight tartness of the strawberries.

Next up was Hanami in Japan for the Frushi: fresh pineapples, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut with whipped cream on the side - $5.75. I was not disappointed. Frushi is one of my favorites.

And then it was Germany and the Bauernmarkt for Potato pancakes with caramelized ham, onions and herb sour cream - $4.25. This was excellent. I love potato pancakes anyway and this was a nice toppeing for it

I went to Norway and Frozen Ever After was up and running so I got my ride. I still don't know what it has to do with Norway but the grandkids will like it.

I miss the troll

I was happy with the new lens

With that I headed out. It had been a long day and I wanted to beat the crowds. I picked up my bags and headed to my room. It was perfect. Great location and I had a King sized bed all to myself

I called Jim to let him know how the day went and I was soon fast asleep.

Day 2

I was on vacation, had no plans and all the time in the world to do what I want including sleep. Instead I was up at 6 AM and raring to go. So I grabbed some coffee and wandered the resort.
The view from my room looking left

And looking right towards the Baseball section

Coming out of the elevators

I explored the baseball section

My room was under the 3.

Then I found a picture of Babe Ruth in the lobby. There's a rumor in my husband's family that they are related to the Babe in some way.

A very empty food court

I headed back to my room to grab the ECV and my bottles. Filled up and I was off to the Magic Kingdom. I got to the park around 9 AM so I was happy. I headed to Adventureland and saw a 5 minute wait for Pirates. I parked and got in line. No sooner had I done that and the wait went to 30 minutes. I got out of line and headed in search of some pirates. It was a walk on. I switched to the 50mm lens and was happy with some of the pictures
Decent one of Jack

This one amazed me - it is with no flash

And another good one of Jack. The lock behind his right shoulder is shaped like a Mickey

Then I was off to Neverland to use my first FP+. The camera refused to lock focus so no pictures. I probably should have it overhauled before my next trip while it is still under warranty. I headed across the path to It's a Small World. They said good-bye to me

Up next was a trip Under the Sea and a visit with a mermaid

It was time for my 2nd FP+ and a visit with some happy haunts. The camera worked here

And then it gave me a hard time again. It was around 11AM and I was hungry and Columbia Harbor House is right there, and I do love the shrimp platter. So I stopped for lunch - shrimp, French fries & cole slaw with an iced tea. I didn't really like the cobbler this trip so I skipped it.

My final FP+ was right after I ate so off I went. I took pics but still having trouble with the dark ones. Grumpy turned out good though. Oh yes I ate and then went on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

I actually have several pieces of that scene from Jim Shore, Lennox and a Disney ornament. I do love my Grumpy.

Went on Carousel of Progress. The camera was working really well here

Looks like pizza for Christmas dinner again

Took a ride on the Tomorrowland People Mover

Took some pics of the Hub statues

The castle

Saw Pluto and Stitch but didn't get in line for them. And I was off to the monorail. Of course the Express to EPCOT was broken down

I got to EPCOT around 3 and my plans were simple - food booths and pictures. I managed to get some good shots as I walked in

Figment

Stitch

Some dinosaurs among the flowers. I liked the Ginko Tree sign. My dad loved these trees when I was little and we loved saying the name. A word of warning they are male and female trees and the male tree STINKS!!! I had one near my corner at work and it was bad

I was headed to the Festival Center and got the Fab 5

I loved this flower. I even got one for my mom for Easter. Word of warning - NEVER leave the flower in the car overnight. I killed it

I took some pics of the orchids and I loved the colors on these two, don't know if it's a natural color or dye though

I wandered around past Buzz Lightyear and found Cruz Ramirez

Lightning McQueen

Chip

and Dale

And I was off to the Butterfly Tent again. I can spend all day in there, I love butterflies. I got one in flight

Three in one - I managed to get 3 varieties of butterfly in this pic

I did have a problem here again. Butterflies are such pretty and delicate creatures. When you touch their wings you rub the powdery scales off of them essentially killing them. I was bothered by the amount of children just poking them with sticks and rubbing them with the parents encouragement. there were signs everywhere telling people not to do that. OK rant over, it just really upset me.

Pretty monmorail picture

I was off to World Showcase and the food booths. First stop was Northern Bloom by Canada. I had the Beef tenderloin tips, mushroom Bordelaise sauce, whipped potatoes with garden vegetables - $6.50

and Seared scallops with French green beans, butter potatoes, brown butter vinaigrette and Applewood smoked bacon - $6.25

I used a snack credit on the beef tenderloin. This was excellent and well worth a snack credit. The beef was tender and the vegies & potatoes were perfect. I used a snack credit on the scallops too. This was just OK. The scallops were very good. The bacon was an odd mixt with them but I liked it. My biggest issue was that the beans were raw.

I sat and enjoyed my snacks and took some more pics of Bambi and friends. Wandered around and explored Canada. The new Totem Poles

Got a good picture of Tigger

And my next Food Booth - Cider House. I had the Pear Cider-brined shredded corned beef with braised cabbage, pears and Branston dressing - $5.50.

This was so much better that the year before. The corned beef had way more flavor and everything blended well together. My only complaint is it had a lot of liquid. I am clumsy and spilled a decent amount on my leg.

I also had the Freshly baked Lemon Scone with Crème Fraiche and mixed berries - $3.75

This was heaven. The scone had just the right hint of lemon and was warm and flaky. The berries mixed so well with the crème fraiche. It was one thing I would have definitely gotten again.

I saw Alice out for a meet and greet. I stopped in the tea shop to check out flavors for my mom. I am NOT a tea drinker but mom is. I got her a few flavors. Then I checked out the tea garden. Moving on I was in France and found Lumiere and Cogsworth

Saw Aurora out meeting some little princesses and then found Belle and Beast

Moved on to Japan and the mini gardens

And Bonsai, these amaze me. This is an Australian Pine. I love that the angle I took the picture from made the tree look huge when it was probably no more than 18 inches

I stopped at Hanami for the Beef teriyaki udon: thin sliced beef, onions and noodles tossed on the grill with soy and ginger - $6.20

The meat was really good but the noodles were dry and stuck to the contained. It wasn't quite as good as the year before but I would get it again.

Some more Bonsai

A Figment Egg

And Bonsai - this looked like driftwood

Found Woody

Lady and Tramp - she always looks like she's mad at him

I stopped to look at the trains in Germany and they weren't as decorated as in previous years.

Snow White and friends

and the Lion King

Next stop was China and the Pandas

While here I had to stop at Lotus House for the Beijing Style Candied Strawberries - $5.50 They did not disappoint. They were excellent but sticky

Norway and a Troll

I was then back at the Butterfly Garden and yes I am obsessed. Got a Monarch

Found the Fantasia topiaries

I went to Sunshine Seasons in the Land for dinner. I got the Pork Loin with Mashed Potatoes, Barbecue Sauce and Corn on the Cob - $13.99

I had that a couple of years ago and loved it. Not so much this time. The meat was big enough to feed 2 people. I get a piece that size from my supermarket rotisserie and it feed Jim and I for at least 1 meal sometimes 2. The corn was really chewy and the sauce was just ok. I won't rush to get it again. Scott texted to let me know he had arrived and met me where I was eating. We went on Living with the Land and it is such a different ride at night. We stopped at Starbucks and I got a hot coffee. The night had turned a bit chilly. Scott and Vinny had FP+ for Illuminations but Vinny didn't come to the park. I used his to get in with Scott. While we waited I really started to get cold. Scott help our place while I zoomed off to Mousegears for a new hoodie, I needed one anyway. We were let in soon after and had an amazing view right on the rail. Usually I have a lantern in my way.

I switched lenses because the one thing with the 50mm Prime lens is you are fixed at that focal length. I couldn't go wide. The camera was acting better and I got some great shots

We joined the masses and headed to the exit, said our goodbyes and Scott was off to his car and me to my bus. There was a long line when I got to the bus stop so I figured I would have a little wait which was no problem. I got in the line planning to go through til I hit the handicap area. The bus pulled up and the CM working there saw me in line and came back and pulled me out of line. I saw the looks I was getting from people and I told the CM I was quite fine waiting. He continued to push me through despite my protests. I did stay in the ECV to minimize the impact on the waiting crowds. Believe me I would love to not be in that thing but even with an Aleve I am in pain by the end of the day. I have had 6 knee surgeries, have torn ligaments in my ankle and a back issue so it is the best option for me but I really hate needing it.

Back at the resort I changed for bed, finished the book I was reading and was asleep by 10 or so. All in all a good day.

Hi
Great updates your new lens is contributing to some great shots that you are taking.Do you shoot in raw or do you leave it to the cameras setting. A lot of people do not realise why some people have to use ECV"'S they don't understand about fatuge or pain management. A lot of people wouldn't be able to visit the Disney parks if it weren't for the availability of ECV"S . I think the Floridians are so lucky with their climate they can grow the flowers anytime they like and so can have a topery display at anytime of the year.

Hi
Great updates your new lens is contributing to some great shots that you are taking.Do you shoot in raw or do you leave it to the cameras setting.

I don't shoot in RAW yet. I need to find a good processing software that actually stays in my computer. I bought Adobe a couple of years ago. It caused one computer to constantly crash. I bought a new computer for just photography and added the latest Adobe and it completely disappeared from the computer. I shoot in P mode which lets me adjust a couple of settings but lets the camera work on the rest. I mostly try and adjust the ISO which helps a lot on darker shoots.

A lot of people do not realise why some people have to use ECV"'S they don't understand about fatuge or pain management. A lot of people wouldn't be able to visit the Disney parks if it weren't for the availability of ECV"S .

I agree and I get that people are tired and cranky at the end of a long day. I tried doing the parks without a scooter quite a few years ago and I was clinging to lightposts, sobbing in pain. My husband said that was the end of it. He refuses to even let me consider Disney unless I agree to getting a scooter for the trip. I would give anything to not have my invisible issues but they are there.

I think the Floridians are so lucky with their climate they can grow the flowers anytime they like and so can have a topery display at anytime of the year.

I know I would love to have that climate for my flowers but then I would probably forget to water them. I am a notorious plant killer.

Last edited:
Day 3

My plans this day were Hollywood Studios, EPCOT and then back to Hollywood Studios for the fireworks. But did I keep them???

I was up early and took some pics from my room. There was some sort of cheer/dance competition at ESPN and some of the groups were staying at Sports. You would never have known it though. They were well behaved and for the most part very quiet.
Looking to my right was one group

And below me was another group

I followed my normal routine and after filling the water bottles was off to the bus stop. I didn't have much of a wait and soon I was seeing this

There was a bit of a show going on as I headed through security

My first stop had to be at Launch Bay to see some Star Wars things and a few characters. As I was looking around the Stormtroopers arrived and headed right to me. I was looking at this when they came in

They told me I was in the wrong area.

I replied, "No I'm not, I'm with the Resistance!"

Then they wanted to know if I had seen Chewbacca. Told them I hadn't but I was looking for him. They told me I was a troublemaker and they would be watching me. I loved it. Soon I was seeing my favorite Big Guy

Then Kylo Ren tried to get in my head. Told him it was no use, my head is empty

I looked around and found some Jawas. They wanted to scavenge my scooter but moved on when they found something else of interest

My first FP+ time was upon me so I was off to Toy Story Midway Mania. My score was decent. Then as the accessible cards got back to their loading area the CM's asked if we all wanted to ride again. My arm was sore but it was fun.

Next up was Tower of Terror. As I headed over that way I found the Citizens of Hollywood out having some fun. I stopped to watch and was so glad I did. They are really funny

I'm pretty sure she tried to buy my grandson a few years ago

I moved on

and put the camera away until it was time for the drop. I couldn't help myself

I was a little worried that the ride photos would interfere with the photomaker on my upcoming trip so I headed to Sid Cayhuga's to ask a few questions. I am still a little worried that the Memory Maker may be missing but I'll wait and see. I looked around while I was there and it is a hidden gem. There are some really cool old movie posters and they are autographed. Saw Donald right outside when I left and headed to Star Tours. I love this ride and managed 2 rides in a row, the crowds were very light. Took this while I sped up the ramp

After the second ride I realized I was starving. I went to Backlot Express since it was right there. I had the Royal Guard Burger: 1/2 pound Angus Beef Burger, Barbecued Beef Brisket, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and a pickle on a pumpernickel bun with French fries - $13.49. I also got a large iced tea and the Darth Vader Peanut Butter Cupcake - $5.99. I love that cupcake. The burger was good but I wound up with no cheese as I took the bun off and the cheese went with it.

My hunger satisfied I went to watch a Galaxy Far, Far Away. I had a really good front row seat

My grandson loves Darth Maull

Chewie again

I will miss the General

Since I was right there I decided to see some old movies. I really enjoyed Great Movie Ride although it start to seem like a giant commercial. It was still a great way to cool off in the hot months. I was happy I got some good pictures on it

Not sure you should hide behind boxes of explosives in a gun fight

I decided to see Indiana Jones since they were seating for a show as I went past it. I was all the way over to the side but had a good view anyway. I did pick the plant right away.

And managed some decent action shots
361 by Lorrie Knotwell, on Flickr

The plant

Then I was back for more Star Tours. I rode it 2 more times for a total of 4 rides so far. That tied my personal best of 4 rides in one day. I decided to head over to see the wait time for Tower of Terror. I found this guy along the way.

I love the way they just stop and pose. Tower of Terror had a 45 minute wait so I passed and went back to Star Tours. I rode it 3 more times straight,
for a total of 7 rides in 1 day, a new personal daily best. Even better I was the Rebel Spy on the last ride. It was the BEST DAY EVER!!! I felt like a little kid I was so excited. Of course I was so excited I forgot to but the "I was the Rebel Spy" shirt.

I decided to end my day on a high and headed back to the resort. I was getting a little chilly anyway. I skipped EPCOT and the fireworks but I didn't care - I was the Rebel spy! I didn't have a long wait for the bus and I stopped at the End Zone for dinner. I had steak, mashed potatoes and corn. I eat way to much red meat on vacation but nothing else appealed to me.

The steak was actually pretty good so I had no complaints. I headed back to the room and just relaxed for the rest of the night.

Day 4

Yet again I was up way to early, at 6 AM. I decided to go with it and got up and showered and grabbed the camera to look around the resort.
All Star Music is just a parking lot away

Found the playground and my grandsons will love it. They are climbers

A very empty arcade

It must have been a competition day because the food court was packed

I went back to the room and grabbed the scooter, the small bag with the extra lens and drink bottles and was off. I was off to EPCOT again and got there by 8:35 so a little early. It was a good thing because I hot Attila the bag check person. She checked every square inch of the scooter, literally. Then she checked every square inch of my bag and even the lens. I was a little upset by now. I had to take the back cap off which opens the lens up to dirt and dust getting in it. Then I had to get wanded and my wallet beeped - SERIOUSLY! That thing never beeps. I took out the wallet and showed her the badge, a replica of my husbands, and she told me to take everything out of the wallet and she wanted to do a full pat down. At this point I lost it. I told her get me a supervisor, one of the sheriff's standing around or let me in the gate. I was allowed to enter. I am married to a sheriff and I have a degree in criminal justice. She was way over the line.

It took me over 15 minutes before I was finally seeing this

I went on Spaceship Earth and only took a few pictures but I had a future for once. I was headed over to Test Track. Passed Mission Space

Got a nice flower picture

And the monorail

I love all the little details

I got to Test Track and did the single rider line and then used my FP+. I had fun designing my car. Flowers for the Flower and garden Festival

I headed towards World Showcase and took some pictures along the way

The Shakespeare Garden at United Kingdom

Some Fairy Houses

I just took my time looking around. The one nice thing about solo is I can go as fast or slow as I want. I stopped in France at Fleur de Lys for my first sample of the day Tarte a l'onion Alsacienne: Onion tart with sautéed onions, fresh thyme and rosemary on a flaky puff pastry crust - $4.75

This was just OK. The onions were undercooked and the whole thing was soggy. I liked the one the previous year much better.

Next up was Florida Fresh and Carne Asada served with black bean cake and cilantro sour cream - $6.50

This was awesome. The meat was moist and flavorful, all the flavors blended well together and it had just a bit of a lick to it. I would get it again with no hesitation.

Looked through Japan

And moved on.

Next stop was at the Smokehouse. I tried the Beef brisket burnt ends hash with white cheddar fondue and pickled jalapenos - $6.25

and the warm chocolate cake with bourbon salted caramel sauce and spiced pecans - $3.75

The burnt end hash was really good. Bite sized and a little bit of heat that balanced nicely with the potatoes and sauce. The cake was just OK. It didn't have much of a bourbon taste and the cake itself was a little dry. I skipped the jalapenos. I decided to go in and see American Adventure since the show was getting ready to start. I haven't done it in awhile. This is so true

Voices of Liberty

My grandmother told me stories of the depression.

I enjoyed the show and actually stayed awake for once. I wandered on to Italy. I looked up and found the Goofy egg. I gave hints to a few people doing the scavenger hunt because he was a hard find.

I stopped at La Isla Fresca and had the Sugar cane shrimp skewer with steamed rice and coconut lime sauce - $6.50

This was ok at best. The shrimp were good but I have no idea what that sauce was. The rice had a sour lime taste and was really dry. I tossed it after one taste and scraped the sauce off of the shrimp. Wouldn't get that one ever again.

Waited for the monorail and then just gave up and took this picture. It was still pretty

Stopped to see the butterflies again
Zebra Longwing

My pet peeve

I stopped in to see the lines for Baymax

And I was off. The crowds had begun to pick up quite a bit. It was Saturday and the first weekend of the Flower & Garden Festival so I expected that to happen. Next up Animal Kingdom

I was off to Animal Kingdom and just really planned to wander around for a bit. Saw some Macaws

I was over by Dinosaur and I saw something I really had hoped to do this trip. I got a caricature of my puppy for Jim. I had brought a picture with me and it seemed like the right time.

It really turned out very well so I was happy. Took a "walk" down the Maharajah Jungle Trek and saw the Lion Macaque

Saurus Cranes - they are huge about 6 feet tall

Baby Starling

Watched these 2 for a little bit. The Sitar player really gets into his music

Went down the Gorilla Exploration trail next. I love the Gorillas

I had dinner at Restaurantosaurus. It's just a burger but I do love that fixings bar. I also like that an Iced Coffee counts as a beverage. A man sat at the table next to me with his daughter and I felt so bad for her. She was about 8 years old and he just went off on a rant to her because he had to get his own toppings and drink. After I ate I headed over to ride the Safari at night. It had a 30 minute wait time so I didn't mind that. It was stil fairly light out when I got in line. It was DARK on the ride. You really can't see anything but I did manage a picture or 2.

Not sure I would ride it again at night just because of the visibility factor. I thought about standing in line for Rivers of Light but changed my mind. I headed back to the resort to relax. I decided to use a snack credit on an ice cream sundae. This thing was HUGE!

There were 4 scoops of ice cream, strawberries, hot fudge and whipped cream. I only ate about 1/2 of it. Another great day. I talked to Jim for a little bit and then went to bed.

Day 5

I had Animal Kingdom planned for the afternoon and evening but decided to head there and have a very leisurely day wandering about. I got to the park around 9 AM or so. Saw some spoonbills

And Macaws

Took my time and found a Red Kangaroo and Leppet Faced Vulture

I took a detour to check out where Pandora would be

I'm looking forward to seeing more of it eventually but I'm not a huge fan of Avatar. I moved on and found a River Otter

I headed to Africa to see about a safari ride but the posted wait time was 60 minutes, I passed. I decided to explore the Trails instead. I always liked this saying

Found a Yellow Backed Duiker. I think it may have been the first time

I just liked this shot with the waterfall in the background

Found some gorillas, they have some nasty looking feet

Someone didn't look happy

And a baby

My next stop was to Rafiki's Conservation Station. I have always wanted to see a procedure and hoped today would be the day. I was thrilled to find out they were doing a dental procedure on a goat. Not thrilled it was a dental thing as I hate the dentist.

I enjoyed watching it even if it was a dentist. I looked around a bit. This thing would scare me, it would terrify my grandson

Since Rafiki was out I had to get a picture with him

And then I was off to wander some more. I wasn't happy that access to the Tree of Life was restricted. They were filming the View there evidently and I never watch the show.

I was headed over to ride Dinosaur. There was a 30 minute wait so that wasn't too bad and it was fairly accurate. I debated getting lunch but it was around noon and the lines were really long so I waited. Decided to check out the safari again and this time the posted wait time was 45 minutes. The line actually moved very quickly. The animals were really out and about and I took a lot of pictures. I loved this little guy

And I have to get a lion picture

Hunger was getting the best of me at this point so I was off to find some food. On the way I discovered a Paroon Shark Catfish - he was quite large

I decided to go to Flame Tree BBQ today and got the Ribs, Chicken & Pulled Pork Sampler served with baked beans, coleslaw and jalapeno cornbread - $19.99

I was really surprised to find out that is considered a QS meal. It was more than enough food for 2 people. The food was good but I did not even come close to eating it all. It is easily one of the best QS values out there. After eating I wandered some more and found the Siamangs just hanging around

Went on the Maharajah Jungle Trek and saw the Lion Mane Macaque again

And a tiger for once

I had a FP+ for the Outpost to see Mickey & Minnie but had a really hard time finding it. I told the CM's that I really just wanted a picture of them I didn't care if I was in it. They let me go in the back way for a quick picture. The scooter cannot go through the line and I was having a lot of trouble with my back since Dinosaur. My left leg was "numb". It's the easiest way to explain it. I have issues where my leg gets sort of rubbery if my back gets jerked to much and Dinosaur tweaked my back. I didn't trust it to walk or stand on it too long at that point.

I had a FP+ for the Safari coming up and had time to kill so I watched Burudika perform. There was one little girl who joined in with them and she stole the show. She had a fantastic time dancing and was so cute. Then it was time for the Safari. The Hippo was out of the water

The baby elephant was still out having fun

The lions were asleep

I went to Restaurantosaurus for a piece of Strawberry cheesecake and a hot coffee. It was chilly and I needed some hot liquid. I then headed to my last FP+ of the day - Rivers of Light. I was really looking forward to it. After finding the entrance, it's a little confusing, they seated me at the very top. I asked if I could get closer and scored a front row seat. I just drank my coffee and relaxed. Now just pictures
My viewpoint

I loved the show and can't wait for the grandkids to see it. I took my time leaving and just looked around. I did wish I could see more of the Tree of Life but it wasn't a huge deal. I stopped at Rainforest Café to see what their peanut policy is and was happy to find out that other than baked goods it was another place we could consider. Then I was off to the bus stop. I just missed a bus so I got in line to wait. About 15 minutes later a bus pulled up and I realized I was waiting at the wrong stop. DUH!!! Thankfully someone in the right line realized my dilemma and got a CM to help me. This time everyone was really nice about me getting pulled around to get on the bus. They all realized I had one of those moments. All in all it was a really great day.

Day 6

I was up early and grabbed a Bounty Breakfast and took it back to my room where I ate and chilled for a bit

And yes in the background of the picture were my Entenmanns cookies and homemade cookies from my daughter. They were my usual breakfast. I also had a second camera with me that I didn't use very much. I loaded up my bag for what I would need for the day and headed out. I realized that we were invaded by a second group - Senior Class Trips. That must be really fun. Our school district doesn't allow anything like that, especially during the school year. The group leader had a firm control of them and was going over all of the do's and don'ts. I was impressed.

I was off to EPCOT again. Pretty picture and no monorail. It was becoming a theme this trip

I went to the Butterfly Garden again, just because. I do love the butterflies, have I said that before? OK maybe a few times anyway.
Monarch

Zebra Longwing and you can see the damage to his wing from all of the poking

Common Buckeye

White Peacock

An interesting flower

Julia Butterfly on a Strawflower

I left the tent and wandered around taking some pictures and wasn't happy I would wait for the monorail and it just wouldn't be there. Took a ride on Journey Into the Imagination and took a few pics. Then some more wandering. Found one of my favorite flowers - Dianthus. It's also known as China Blossoms and Sweet William. I have several of them in my front garden.

I would never thought of the Rose being for cold relief. I usually sneeze from them

It was interesting seeing how many flowers and plants are edible or used for medicinal purposes. Then I went off in search of some fish. I found a strange looking one. Just kidding it was a diver. The pavilion was really crowded so I headed out.

I decided to head back to the World Showcase and get some more food samples. I took a ton of pictures while wandering and got some ideas for my small spaces at home, if I can ever get rid of the weeds that have taken over my yard and garden. On the way I decided to do the Eggstravaganza Scavenger Hunt. I enjoyed the one for Remi in the fall even if I did cheat just a little. First stop was Canada. Found Thumper by the waterfall

United Kingdom and the White Rabbit was a little harder. I had a hard time getting a clear shot because it was back by the Kidcot Fun stop and it was crowded

France had Minnie and I got a really bad shot no matter how hard I tried to focus

I realized later I had the camera settings wrong. Found Perry in Morocco

I was getting a bit hungry and everything smelled so good, I stopped at Taste of Marrakesh for Chocolate Baklava - $4.00

Still not crazy about it but it was than the last few times I had it. I am spoiled by my brother. He makes the best Baklava I have ever tasted.

Next on the agenda was Japan and the mini gardens.

The smokehouse smelled so good as I passed that I had to stop again. I had the Pulled Pig Slider with Crispy Onions and Coleslaw - $6.50

and the Smoked Pork Rib with Roasted Corn Salad - $6.75

The slider was really good but I didn't get and crispy onions. There was a huge amount of meat though so I was happy with that. The rib was awesome. I am not a huge fan of ribs but this was excellent. It must have been as I ate the whole think.

And the Mickey Egg while I ate

Next up was Italy and the Primavera Kitchen. I tried the Meatball Parmigiana: Handmade beef and veal meatballs, tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and fresh basil - $7.00

This was a little "iffy" at first. The meatballs reminded me of the frozen kind you get in a bag at the grocery store, but they grew on me. There were 6 meatballs total and the it was very cheesy and full of tomato sauce. I could have shared with no problem. I think my view helped with the enjoyment of them

I moved on and found the Dale egg in Germany. I really need to work on my indoor shots

Found Timon and Pumbaa

and then the Chip egg at the Outpost

Stopped in China and checked out the Bamboo Gardens. I never knew there were so many varieties. Lotus, Water Lily, I'm never sure but it was pretty

The Dragon

and the Pluto egg

Norway had the Daisy egg

And Mexico had Donald

I had found Goofy earlier in the week in Italy so I had them all. Turned the map in to claim my prize and I wasn't as happy. It was a plastic egg with a little toy in it. Food and Wine was a pin. My grandsons like the egg. And I finally found the monorail

Stopped at La Isla Fresca for Jamaican Braised beef with Pigeon Pea Rice and Micro Cilantro - $6.00

This had some flavor to it but was very dry. I decided to go on Ellen's Universe of Energy. Glad I did since it was announced it was closing when I got home. Even better I didn't fall asleep for once. I was happier with the quality of pictures

Then another ride on Test Track. I had fun designing my cars this trip

And even managed to get a ride photo

After Test Track I headed back to World Showcase. Stopped at Jardin de Fiestas for Tres Leches: Vanilla Sponge cake, cajeta condensed milk, evaporated milk and garnished with orange zest - $3.95

This was very good and really moist but really sweet. Thought about Frozen ever After but the posted wait time was 120 minutes. I was not waiting 2 hours. I had someplace to be. The moment I had been waiting for all day was at hand - Dennis DeYoung from Styx was performing. I LOVED their music. Had a nice seat and view except for the person who had to keep standing or putting his tablet in my way.

He was amazing but unfortunately I couldn't stay for the whole thing. I was meeting Scott and Vinny at Teppan Edo for dinner. I really enjoy this place and I wanted to make sure they were peanut free, not all Japanese restaurants are. The food and "show" were good, the company was even better. I took a few pictures but we just really spent the time eating and talking. After dinner we all decided to head out. Taking pictures along the way of course.
Butterfly topiaries at night

Phineas and Ferb

Donald and his nephews. I took the exact same photo earlier in the day

There were some fireworks visible in the background. After some discussion we decided they had to be Star Wars at Hollywood Studios

Figment

Monorail station

Mickey and friends in front of Spaceship Earth

When I got back to the resort I packed up everything but what I needed for the morning as sadly my trip was coming to an end.

When I first entered the park in the morning I stopped in the Art of Disney store and looked around. I found that they have a future Disney artist display book so we are hoping to surprise my one granddaughter and have one of her drawings in it. She is a very gifted artist.

On a down note as I was leaving EPCOT I had to try and get through the exit gate on my own as no one offered to hold it for me. This is not always easy on a scooter and unfortunately the gate swung open with my finger stuck in it. The finger swelled up quite a bit. I taped it with some band aids and wound up getting x-rays a week or so later. Thankfully it was just a bad sprain.

Day 7 - The End

Or the last day depending on how you look at it. I was up early to check my luggage in and return my chariot. I go on foot the last day because I rent from a non-preferred company. I pay for it when I get home for a day or two. I then packed up the back pack and carry-on and took them to Bell Services and grabbed breakfast. Standard Bounty Breakfast all bacon.

I went to EPCOT for one last visit. Heading in

Then I did Spaceship Earth through the stand by line, a rare experience. It said 5 minutes but we were in line longer than that. The computers screen for planning the future seemed to be rebooting when I got on too. I should have taken that as an omen. I got stuck here

And here

In total we stopped 5 times but I got a future, or did I???

Not sure who they were but neither one of them was me. In total the ride took a good 30 minutes longer than normal and I was really worried when we stopped before our return to Earth I would have to head back on foot.

Did see the monorail for once

I took pictures of the flowers as I wandered around and couldn't understand why they were all over exposed. Another DUH moment. I had my ISO all the way up for Spaceship Earth and forgot to dial it back down. That ride really did have me rattled. Did one last ride on Living with the Land. I would still like to get one of these for my son who swears no hot pepper is that hot

The monorail was up and running this morning as I managed another picture

Did the Butterfly Tent and experimented with butterflies in flight. Need to work on that technique a little more. Then I just wandered taking random pictures

Checked out the Frozen exhibit in Stave Church and it is nice but I think I liked the one with the Norwegian explorers a little better. And I reached China. World Showcase wasn't open yet and this is a very pretty sight

Outpost was empty too. I reached Germany and stopped at Bauernmarkt for the Potato Pancake with Housemade Applesauce - $3.75. And the Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries - $4.00

I enjoyed the potato pancakes but the applesauce not so much. It was chunky and tart. Just not a fan of it. The strudel was really good but completely over powered by the berries. I also spilled some of that on my new Flower & Garden t-shirt. Berries stain! Thankfully it almost completely washed out and blends in with Figment. I did have a nice view

I explored Germany and saw this. I liked the bottle

I told my daughter we will have to get a bottle when we go down. Got one last shot of Grumpy and his friends

Found this in Italy

The Terra Cotta Gardens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter