30th Anniversary HS Celebrations (and new Nighttime show May 2019?)

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
Posting this to discuss/watch the news on this - we'll be there April 26-May 3. May 1 we've already got earmarked (see what I did there) for Magic Kingdom EEMH but if they do it May 2/3 I'm scrapping our Epcot evening plans to go!

Also read that HS is getting a new logo for the 30th Anniversary (released Jan 2019)... ooooo! HS seems so dead now waiting for the Star Wars stuff in the fall so I'm curious to see what else they'll have in store.

Today at the Destination D event Bob Chapek just announced that Disney’s Hollywood Studios will soon have an all-nighttime spectacular called “Wonderful World of Animation,” which will debut in May 2019. This celebration commemorates the parks 30th anniversary. The “Wonderful World of Animation” will showcase the 90-year history of Disney animation starting with Mickey Mouse.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I’m not sure we’ll see much more than this and some new merch for the anniversary. I’d love for there to be a parade there again but there doesn’t seem to be a desire to do one, and I don’t know if the backstage it used to emerge from even exists anymore, as I don’t remember the route it used to take

I’m not sure we’ll see much more than this and some new merch for the anniversary. I’d love for there to be a parade there again but there doesn’t seem to be a desire to do one, and I don’t know if the backstage it used to emerge from even exists anymore, as I don’t remember the route it used to take
They also have removed a great deal of the old gold line that the parade followed, this doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen, as the line means very little, but it shows Disney’s lack of interest in a DHS Parade. Also, DHS is pretty set on night entertainment between Star Wars and Fantasmic.

I also wouldn’t mind an Epcot Parade.....

They also have removed a great deal of the old gold line that the parade followed, this doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen, as the line means very little, but it shows Disney’s lack of interest in a DHS Parade. Also, DHS is pretty set on night entertainment between Star Wars and Fantasmic.

I also wouldn’t mind an Epcot Parade.....
As someone who loved tapestry of nations Epcot is just poorly configured for a parade. It made world showcase into a nightmare every time they’d run it

As someone who loved tapestry of nations Epcot is just poorly configured for a parade. It made world showcase into a nightmare every time they’d run it

And given how often there are festival booths now I think there is even less roo
And it would be even harder

I’d be up for them, when they put in the new tech for the permanent Illuminations replacement, for that to support some sort of daytime show on the lagoon as well - so sort of the effect of a parade - but utilizing the space in the lagoon rather than the walkway

I believe once Galaxy’s Edge is done the ultimate idea is to move all the Star Wars stuff there so do not mess with the immersion ... no idea of timing of that but wonder if they could replace the Star Wars show they do on the stage infront on the theater to a special 30th anniversary show celebrating the Park’s history and history of movies in general

And given how often there are festival booths now I think there is even less roo
And it would be even harder

I’d be up for them, when they put in the new tech for the permanent Illuminations replacement, for that to support some sort of daytime show on the lagoon as well - so sort of the effect of a parade - but utilizing the space in the lagoon rather than the walkway
Exactly, Epcot’s unique because it has that massive lake in the middle of the park which is a perfect place to stage any entertainment.

I believe once Galaxy’s Edge is done the ultimate idea is to move all the Star Wars stuff there so do not mess with the immersion ... no idea of timing of that but wonder if they could replace the Star Wars show they do on the stage infront on the theater to a special 30th anniversary show celebrating the Park’s history and history of movies in general
Yeah I’d be interested to see what eventually happens with all that. They’ll obviously do something there, since they invested the money on the stage. Just as long as the high school musical stuff never makes a return :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!