36 hours of Touring and Dining

Lilo's Mom

Mouseketeer
DSS, 20, and I took a short trip in order to take advantage of the “Bounce Back” Program for August/September of next year. It was the first trip to Disney for DSS, so he didn’t know what to expect. Here is a recap of where and what we ate. Sorry, no pictures of the food this time around, but I promise to take some on the next trip!

12/14
Earl of Sandwich – Lunch
We both had the Original 1762 sandwich. I had mine exactly the way it was listed, DSS requested no horseradish sauce and extra cheese. We added on chips and sodas. This was the first time I have eaten here and I would definitely go back again. We both really enjoyed the sandwiches, and thought the bread was great. DSS was extremely happy that they sold Vault, which is his soda of choice. :thumbsup2

Goofy’s Kitchen – Snack
We decided before we went on our tour of Christmas decorations at the monorail hotels that we would grab a cookie in case we got hungry before dinner. I had a triple chocolate chunk cookie and DSS had a snicker doodle. My cookie was so tasty that I decided it was worthy of saving it for the flight home the next day, no granola bar for me! DSS liked the snicker doodle, but said it was not as good as the ones that grandma makes. Then again can anything live up to what grandma bakes? :blush:

Boma – Dinner
DH and I stayed at POR – Riverside in June and I begged him to try Boma, he wasn’t interested, so I convinced DSS that he REALLY wanted to go. Let me tell you the only thing that he was disappointed in was that our server, Marge, was from New Jersey. DSS wanted to talk to someone who was actually from Africa. Maybe next trip he will get his wish. Anyway, we had an ADR for 8:20, we checked in at 8:00 and the place was packed! Amazingly enough we were seated at exactly 8:20 right by the windows.

The food was wonderful! DSS really liked the peanut butter rice; he hasn’t stopped talking about it yet. The prime rib was amazing and all the sauces you could dip it in were great as well. I couldn’t pick a favorite they were all so good. Sorry I don’t remember the actual names but there were two potato dishes that I liked as well. The first was basically broasted potatoes with spices on them and the other was a combination of white potatoes and sweet potatoes mashed together. I thought both were yummy. We tried a little bit of all of the desserts; my favorites were the zebra domes and the bread pudding. DSS liked the coconut tiramisu the best. First thing he did when we got home was to tell DH that we have to eat at Boma when we take our trip in August, so I would say that was a big thumbs up for us! :thumbsup2

Everything Pop Dining – DSS Late snack. When we stopped by here at check in to buy drink mugs DSS spotted theTie Dye Cheesecake .He loved this so much he tried to buy a whole one to take home! :rotfl: I had more than enough food for one day, so I passed on the cheesecake.

12/15
Kona Café - Breakfast
DSS was not too happy when the phone rang with our wake-up call at 7am. Needless to say he is not exactly a morning person. When he actually heard Mickey and Stitch calling to wake him up, he was laying in the bed laughing…so suddenly waking up at 7 wasn’t so bad. Plus he remembered that we were having Tonga Toast! I can’t make a trip to Orlando without heading over to the Poly to have Tonga Toast, so he was curious to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say this has been approved as another stop on our August 2006 trip. Not only did he love the Tonga Toast, but he loved the sausage and the fact that he could have pineapple juice.

Pecos Bill – Lunch
We were just getting off Big Thunder Mountain and DSS said he really wanted a Bacon Cheeseburger for lunch so we headed over to Pecos Bill. This was a “two thumbs up” for DSS. He liked that they had a topping bar, and that the fries were nice and hot. I had a ¼ pound cheeseburger and fries. To me a cheeseburger is a cheeseburger, unless it is in a school cafeteria and it tastes like mystery meat. It was filling, but basically your standard cheeseburger.

Lunching Pad and Aloha Isle – Snacks
I have two snack requirements whenever I am in the Magic Kingdom, a spicy cheese pretzel and a Pineapple Float (no, I don’t eat them together). DSS opted for the sweet cream cheese pretzel, which he thought was just ok. I liked my spicy cheese pretzel, although it could have been warmer.
As we were ready to walk out of the park, we made a stop for a Pineapple Float, which DSS was not interested in until he saw it. Now he wants a soft serve ice cream machine so we can make them at home. :rotfl:

That’s it for our short Stepmother – Stepson pre-planning trip for August 07!
Thanks for reading.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I can let you know what one of the potato dishes at Boma is:

Potatoes with "Afritude" (Those were the roasted potatoes.)
I just love saying "Afritude". ;) I don't know the name of the other dish, sadly.

And you think it's funny your DSS wanted to make the Dole Whip at home?
I recently heard a report on a podcast that some dude bought a soft serve
machine on eBay and does just that!

Nice report. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your report, it sounds like you guys packed a lot into just 36 hours! :ccat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter