4 Adults on a Dream Vacation on the Dream September 18-22 with pics

tink2007

DIS Veteran
IMG_0081.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0087.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0086.JPG IMG_0079.JPG In one word......AMAZING!!
My husband, my best friend, and her husband reluctantly got off the Dream yesterday morning.
We really had the most wonderful time. For months now, we've had friends and family say to us, why do y'all want to go on a Disney cruise? That's just for kids. WRONG ! Disney really excels in making sure each guest, no matter the age, has a dream vacation.
Monday morning, we drove from Disney World where we spent a few days before our cruise. Checking in was a breeze and we were on board by 11:00. We ate lunch in Enchanted Garden. I really liked the new sit down menu instead of the buffet. Our staterooms, 10160 and 10156 were ready at 1:30. The rain let up long enough for us to go up on deck to watch the sail away party and we were on our way.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Im not sure why, but the first 5 or 6 hours were very rough. Lots of rocking and swaying. We made it in time to see The Golden Mickeys. Not my favorite show but it was fun.
By the time we got to our dinner seating (8:15), my bf Kelli and I were not feeling so great. Our server, Gonsalo was so helpful. He brought us Gingerale and bread and encouraged us to eat something to help the seasickness. He was right, it worked. Gonsalo and Eric were the best servers we have ever had. Not only did they do their job, they went above and beyond to make our nights special. They were fun, answered all our questions, and told us about their homes and families.

Tuesday we were in Nassau but we did not leave the ship. We rode the Aqua Duck and enjoyed the pools. The weather was absolutely beautiful. We loved sitting around Quiet Cove reading our books and people watching. Lunch at Cabanas was a little crazy but the food was good. My husband ate about 5 pounds of steamed shrimp and crab legs.

Wednesday at Castaway Cay was even more beautiful than I remembered from last time. We enjoyed perfect weather again. It was hot but breezy all day and the water was perfect. We spent the whole day at Serenity Bay and saw lots of starfish and stingrays. We did not see any damage from Hurricane Irma. Lunch at Cookies 2 was yummy as usual. Love those giant cookies!!
Pirate Night was a lot of fun but we did not make it in time to see Captain Jack Sparrow because we were playing Name That Tune. We did find great seats for the fireworks.

Thursday was our day at sea. We got to sleep in a little and spent the rest of the day by the pool. I was already dreading packing up our stuff. We finally remembered to order Mickey Ears through room service. We researched upcoming cruises and put our deposit down. Believe was showing that night. I liked it better than the Golden Mickeys. I always cry at the end. Dinner at Royal Table was beautiful. It's my favorite restaurant. I love the music and atmosphere. That bread is to die for.
We got beautiful sunset pictures and watched a little football on Funnelvision before going to bed.

Oscar was able to squeeze us in for early breakfast at Royal Table. We did the express walk off and were in our car by 8:00.
That 8 hour drive home was so sad. We can not wait for our next Disney adventure.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0089.JPG
    IMG_0089.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 27
We get the same question all the time. We sailed for years with just adults and then we had two grandchildren born and they are going on their 3rd cruise this May.

Every October me and 3 other ladies go on the 4 day Dream and we have a blast. 3 of us are in our 50's and one is 70. People always think its so weird we go on a Disney cruise. But, it's perfect for adults. Our own beach, our own pool, our own clubs- what's not to love. Last year we were on the Hurricane Matthew cruise and got 2 extra days = Bonus!!

We have been sailing Disney almost since the beginning of the line and we think its fantastic. It is not just for kids!

Glad you had a good time, I mean how can you not?

So glad you enjoyed your Dream cruise!! I have booked cabin 10162, which is right by the cabin you were in. Can you tell me if you experienced vibrations, and if so how bad were they? Also, did you take any pics of your extended balcony? Thank you!

So glad you enjoyed your Dream cruise!! I have booked cabin 10162, which is right by the cabin you were in. Can you tell me if you experienced vibrations, and if so how bad were they? Also, did you take any pics of your extended balcony? Thank you!

Unfortunately, we did not take any pictures of the veranda. It was nice but other than taking sunset pictures, we really didn’t go out there very much.
I did feel a little vibration when docking at each port but it only last a minute or two and it’s not that bad. We did hear chairs and tables being set up on the outside deck of Cabanas. It was usually around 5:30 or 6 but we are early risers so it didn’t bother us.
I like the room location. It’s a short walk to stairs and really close to Cabanas and pool deck.
You’ll love it!!

Thanks so much for your reply! We're really looking forward to it! :)

By any chance did you take photos of the menus? I'm curious how much it's changed since I was on the Dream in 2012/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter