4 weeks from today we leave for our MAW trip

digilala

Earning My Ears
any tips or ideas or advice to make this trip absolutely magical for my son who will turn 5 on feb 6? We plan to be at Magic Kingdom that day.
We have never been before and can't wait to see his reaction to everything.
I know some people have gotten tickets to Medievel Times- would a 5 year old like that? We are still trying to decide on if to stay another night after leaving the GKTW village- any good ideas on a nice but cheap hotel?
I know I am full of questions and will probably have a ton more the closer it gets. I just ordered 06 passporter last week so I hope to have it here next week and i can start ading all my info. I found coupons for the lego store and will add those. Are there any other good coupons I should take with us?
I think i will stop now and wait for more questions later.
Thanks,
Laura

I just wanted to say I hope you have a wonderful trip. This site is filled with tons of info. if you do some searchs you will find some info on other MAW and GKTW.

I am right here with you on questions. We're going on my 8 year old daughter's wish trip at the very end of April. My son will get to spend his 7th birthday at Universal Studios during the trip. He's been through so much since dd's leukemia diagnosis last year, we want him to have a very special day. He's a Lego nut - what coupon do you have for the Lego store? Is it online? He's already talking about going there to look for Bionicles.
Thanks for your help!!

Jenny

it won't let me add a link- guess I have not posted enough. I will try to pm you!
My nephew is really into Bionicles. I got a lesson on bionicles from him when he was home for Christmas:)
Laura

digilala said:
any tips or ideas or advice to make this trip absolutely magical for my son who will turn 5 on feb 6? We plan to be at Magic Kingdom that day.
Laura

Laura, happy MAW trip! MJ will be 5 that day too and we'll be at MK also, so if you see a crazy lady in an ECV who shouts "Happy Make a Wish Trip" that is me!!!

I really hope you have a wonderful trip! When we went I got the Disney pins that said their name. I of course forgot them at home, but the idea was that the cast memebers would call them by name. Really cool if you are 5 and the dis people know you!! Also - the Barber shop right as you enter MK will give your son a really cool gel do with colored spikes and glitter and all very cheaply - my 6 yo last year chose a great blue ( reminded him of Buzz) he looooved it!When we went we were sooooo impressed with Mickey's Philharmagic - we will make that our first stop every time. It just puts you so in the mood for Disney! Who is his favorite character? How long will you be staying? I have more ideas - but not sure how long you will be there! The Nick Hotel is not cheap - but they do have a $125 prepay special right now that I think should still be up when you go. We stayed there one night and I can not say enough about how much fun the kids had on the waterslides. Not sure how warm it will be then, but they also had fun Nick Stuff going on too. OOOPs forgot to add to stop at City Hall ( I think) and get him a "Today is my Birthday" button

MommytoMJM said:
Laura, happy MAW trip! MJ will be 5 that day too and we'll be at MK also, so if you see a crazy lady in an ECV who shouts "Happy Make a Wish Trip" that is me!!!
I'll be with her in a power wheelchair! Be sure to get him a birthday button as well. WE'll be celebrating MJ's birthday.

Digilala, be sure to check the prices of Disney All-Star Resorts before booking a motel offsite. Don't be shy of telling them your situation. A Disney hotel is always safe and clean and you never know what magic is in store. :goodvibes

Welcome and glad you found our board before your trip.
One thing people have posted a lot about their MAW (Make a Wish) trips is how much there is to do at GKTW (Give Kids the World) village. So, keep in mind that your family may want to save more time for things there than you think you will right now.

Here are some links to past threads about GKTW and MAW trips on this board:
MAW trip report.
GKTW trip report.
MAW/GKTW trips.

If you have not been to the GKTW website , it is worth a look.

I don't know if this will help, but
Medieval Times has a website that might help you decide easier if your family would like it or not.

I agree with spotdog that looking into Disney's All Stars Resorts would be a good place to start rather than looking off-site.
All Stars Movies (link to info page) or
All Stars Sports would be especially interesting to most little boys.
There is also an All Stars Music and a resort called Pop Century that are all Disney value resorts in the same price range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter