4th of July at IOA - dinner at Mythos

johare

DIS Veteran
Today we went to IOA for dinner at Mythos, fireworks and to check out the new Poseidon's Fury.

My wife and I each ordered the "Feast of the Gods" which was $28 and included champagne, salad, entree and desert. We each ordered something different and everything was good, though I think the chicken dish was better than the salmon. For desert we both thought the 'praline cheescake' thing was great and much better than the 'banana chocolate' thing. :)

Posiedon's Fury was a disaster and we never did get to see the main part of the show since the water vortex cut out drenching everyone who happened to be in the tunnel at the time. This was about 8:00pm and they never did get it working again.

We received a wristband with dinner which allowed us to return and view the fireworks from the patio area behind Mythos. Was a really good spot to watch from and we really enjoyed the fireworks this year. We also got a chance to see the Xtreme Xventure show for the first time...my two boys (7 and 4) really loved that show!

Thanks for sharing. Dinner sounded wonderful!

The vortex collapsed?!? Wow. I'm impressed. I just did the show for the first time last week and as I was walking through there I thought to myself: "I wonder if this water vortex ever breaks down...."

I have been going to IOA since it opened in 1999 and I have never seen any of the shows at the LOONEY TUNES theater. What is the Xtreme Xventure?????

It's a sort of a stunt show featuring people on bicycles, skateboards and rollerblades. Sort of hard to explain. My two boys (4 and 7) thought it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter