5-day 2-Park Pass what to Rope Drop each day?

SquashBanana

Mouseketeer
We are planning a 5 day trip to US/IOA and I was wanting some advice on what 5 attractions we should prioritize for rope dropping each day. Our touring plan for each day will start at that attraction and be pretty detailed through lunch. After lunch we are going to take a much more flexible approach because we will be there for 5 days and are confident we can do everything we want at least once. No Express Pass. We are big Harry Potter fans so feel free to use that when making suggestions. Thank you so much!

If you get to the park before it opens, you really don't need much planning to do all of the rides in both parks multiple times. During busy seasons, things can get very crowded after 11 am, but mornings are usually good. Our first trip 3 years ago was for 5 days at CB (so no EP) during Spring Break and we had a great time.

If you are staying onsite and have EE, then I would make that my starting park most mornings for the extra hour. You'll most likely be on the US side for EE, so that give you Gringotts and Diagon Alley with fewer people. Minions is also open for EE. If you are coaster fans, then hit RRR and Mummy after EE

On the IOA mornings, I assume that you'll want to ride Hagrids. You can read through that thread on strategies, but your best bet is to get in line 30-60 minutes before opening and head straight to Hagrids. Don't wait until the last day to do this, as Hagrids has been finicky and prone to delays/stoppages. For coaster fans, Hulk would be a good one to do early

We won't be eligible for EE or XP. A lot of the suggested touring plans online say that Minions should be a rope-drop priority. Should that attraction really be prioritized over rides like RRR and Mummy at rope drop?

Yes. It’s a slower line. Mummy, while amazing, never has a super crazy line. Minions line never goes down. Others ebb and flow. Download the app so you can plan based on current wait times while in the park. There are charts scattered around the park but much easier to pull it up on your phone.

Yea I'd say the two big ones for each park would be RRR/Minions (if you want to do that) and Hagrid's. the rest of them don't get crazy lines or move quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter