50% of email addresses in PinPics not valid "Please read Important..."

Figgy

PinPics Internal Affairs
Ok if some of you are wondering how come many times you dont' get responses to your requests that you send out. Over 50% of the requests that go out from the trade assitant everyday bounce due to non-valid email addresses in PinPics.

This is a huge number and we aren't sure what we are going to do about it. I think Britt is planning to erase all those email addresses that are invalid and disable the trade assitant on those accounts. This will not erase the people from our database or do anything to their lists but it will stop the trade assitant from trying to match to them and hopefully clear up some of the problems we have been having. If you are one of those with an invalid address you will need to update it to turn your TA back on....

Just thought I would let you guys know about this since so many discussions get started about nonresponse to the TAs that go out. :pinkbounc

Oh Figgy what a big discovery! I bet that would really cut down on the requests that go unanswered. I hope your plan becomes a reality! :) You guys are so smart.

YIKES...

Well, is seems that an e-mail confirmation system would be the most reasonable alternative to emplace...

Wanda

the trade assistant is a great feature. It takes the pins you have listed as your trades and matches it up with people who have your wants pins. It basically sets up a trade, if the person is interested.

Britts undivided attention. Don't we all just love it when he doesn't have to earn $$ for the family and he can give us and PinPics all of his time and attention ?!?

Everytime he makes a change I think, "It can't get much better than this" and then he goes and spends a week or 7 on it and makes it oh, so much better.

Thank you Britt, and Figgy.

Duckfan, thank you for taking the time to answer my question! Just curious ... How does trade assistant work if one person has a LE pin & another has a rack pin? Thank you.

Also, thanks to everyone who works on pinpics. I used to maintain a database & indexing & abstracting is not always easy!

trade assistant doesn't know the difference and so it offers trades without that knowledge. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing it often debated on the board and I won't go there.

The TA only gives you a list of people who have what you want and want what you have. You then click on the trade requests that you would like to send out and it sends them. It does not automatically sent out requests unless you check the box...

Ex:

Possible trades for Pin 5444: Food and Wine 2000 (unreleased)

Pin 513: Euro Disney Minnie Kodak 1992
Pin 561: WDW 15th Anniversary Coke - Figment Pin
Pin 1224: 1998 Disneyana Fun Fair Fantasy Imagineering 45th Anniversary
Pin 1260: DL Multi-Day passport
Pin 1882: DL Princess Dangle Series -- Ariel and Eric
Pin 1988: Disneyland Princess Dangle Series -- Belle and Beast
Pin 2192: Disneyland CM 6-pin Map Set
Pin 2228: Friendship Day
Pin 2289: Mickey's collection set- DLP - Mickey of 1928 (steamboat willie)
Pin 2329: DL Princess Dangle Series -- Jasmine & Aladdin
Pin 2332: Disneyland Princess Dangle Series -- Sleeping Beauty & Prince
Pin 2334: Disneyland 45th Anniversary Parade of Stars -- Mushu with Gong

Ok the Pin at the top is the pin that I have for trade below it is a list of pins that people who want my pin have listed in their trade lists...On Pinpics there are little boxes next to the Pin numbers so you can check them...Then you after you have checked your offers you say send trades now and off they go to cyper land....

It is up to the users to know what they are offering as PinPics doesn't distinguish LE from Rack.... This is actually a very short list of the pins that I could have sent out offers on... The best thing I can tell you is to go do your trades and wants at PinPics and play around with it... Then once you have figured it out set up some trades.

Have fun...

Thank you, Figgy! I have some free time for awhile, so maybe I'll play around with it as you suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter