50+ solo trip. Meet.

Are you from the UK? How long is your vacation? Going solo your whole trip? You are going to cover a lot of ground if I am reading your plans right.

I am from the North of England. It all started with finally having enough points for a reward flight with Virgin Atlantic and a wish to see Graceland and experience New Orleans and southern hospitality. I’m flying into Atlanta, connecting flight to Memphis. Next down to New Orleans on the train and then flying down to Orlando from where I will be flying back to the UK. I’m retired, so have the time to plan, over the years I have planned many holidays to the USA but this is my first time going solo.

What a co-incidence! The USA is such a big country. I’m staying at The Guesthouse at Graceland. I understand that it is a bit out of the way but visiting Beale Street at night is not a priority. I am aiming to do lots during the day and then enjoy the hotel facilities at night.

I’m organising it myself as UK based tours didn’t suit my plans. I will be booking onto tours in each city eg Graceland, Sun studios etc.

You need to ride the trolley downtown, you can go to the Arcade, Elvis's favorite restaurant. We go downtown all the time. This is the riverwalk on the MS river. I always take so many pictures.

Attachments

• 20190614_203632.jpg
    20190614_203632.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 3
It looks very beautiful, thank you for sharing that. Im sure I will have lots of questions re Memphis but I wouldn’t want to divert the topic away from Disney related questions.

My next solo trip will be August 26th thru September 11. First five days at All Star Sport. After that in resort near Old town Kissimmee. I will be at Disney, Universal and waterparks.

Glad to see the thread active again!

I'm still looking for more people who'd like to meet up around Oct. 23 - Nov. 3 and Dec. 25 - Jan. 4. Already got plans to meet with some Dis'ers on some days, and it's good to make more new friends!

Glad to see the thread active again!

I'm still looking for more people who'd like to meet up around Oct. 23 - Nov. 3 and Dec. 25 - Jan. 4. Already got plans to meet with some Dis'ers on some days, and it's good to make more new friends!
I will be there November 1-6.

Would anyone like to meet for the Yehaa Bob show at POR on evening of Nov. 1 or Nov. 2?

Last edited:
What’s the weather like in January?
Perfection! I take a very light hoodie that I can have for the morning and evenings and tie around my waist during the day. I have hit some really cold snaps where I've ended up having to buy another hoodie to go on top but it's been rare. I love this time of year because I would much rather be cold than hot, and I like having some sleeves on hand at all times because the restaurants are typically cold inside, as are the shows. If you're like me (and being that we're in a 50+ post I assume you are lol) there is never a happy medium...either you're burning up, or you're freezing!

Would anyone like to meet for the Yehaa Bob show at POR on evening of Nov. 1 or Nov. 2?

Or, would anyone like to meet for brunch at Raglan Road on Nov. 3?
I'll be there a month earlier than you. Too bad, I've been trying to get my wife to go see YB for years without any luck and would have loved to have gone.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!