52-Week Money Challenge

I have putting mine in an envelope every Tuesday.. whaterever I have in my pocket or wallet.. although I got rid of some of the higher ones early in the year.. I actually think I am a few weeks ahead . I will try to post an accurate update soon.

I’ve been pulling money weekly, but forgot to update my progress here.
Week 14 - $21
Week 15 - $30
Week 16 - $25
Week 17 - $24
Week 18 - $26
Week 19 - $19
Week 20 - $13
Week 21 - $4
Week 22 - $8
Total = $380

Once I reached $250, I opened an account and started depositing the money in the account at the end of each month. I’ve been splitting $52 each week with part going towards my Disney June 2019 trip and the rest going towards this challenge. When we return from our trip later this month, I hope to get more aggressive with the money I’m putting towards this challenge.

reached my target :cheer2:

I did the reverse challenge, started in January with €52 and now have €1000
My savings is for my California and Disneyland trip in a few weeks, so I have now changed my Euros in USA Dollars

It was hard the first few weeks, putting so much away each week, but after a while I got into a routine. I plan to do the same again for my 2020 California and Disneyland trip.

I’ve been pulling money weekly, but forgot to update my progress here.
Week 14 - $21
Week 15 - $30
Week 16 - $25
Week 17 - $24
Week 18 - $26
Week 19 - $19
Week 20 - $13
Week 21 - $4
Week 22 - $8
Total = $380

Once I reached $250, I opened an account and started depositing the money in the account at the end of each month. I’ve been splitting $52 each week with part going towards my Disney June 2019 trip and the rest going towards this challenge. When we return from our trip later this month, I hope to get more aggressive with the money I’m putting towards this challenge.

Week 23 - $12
Week 24 - $52
Week 25 - $42
Week 26 - $49
Total = $535

Now that our Disney trip is over, I’m switching my focus to this account. I deposited an additional $45 from Ibotta & challenges I do with myself (I pay myself for meeting daily exercise/weight/personal goals) into the account. My savings account currently has $575. I need to decide what I’m saving this money for, so I’m more motivated to put extra money away.

Change isn't likely to add up to a whole lot. It's easy to lose the momentum or to dip into the jar when you need lunch money.

Instead, set up a new savings account at a bank that's kinda hard to reach; don't get an ATM card for it. The point: You have to go to some trouble to withdraw money from this bank. Then have X amount directly deposited from each paycheck into that account. Making it automatic means you're not going to skip it. This plan will be much more successful than randomly tossing change into a jar.

Change isn't likely to add up to a whole lot. It's easy to lose the momentum or to dip into the jar when you need lunch money.

Instead, set up a new savings account at a bank that's kinda hard to reach; don't get an ATM card for it. The point: You have to go to some trouble to withdraw money from this bank. Then have X amount directly deposited from each paycheck into that account. Making it automatic means you're not going to skip it. This plan will be much more successful than randomly tossing change into a jar.
I do agree but the two (automatic deposits to a savings account and change jar) need not be mutually exclusive.

Hey, everyone!

You guys are doing great working your way through the challenge!

I’ve been MIA for a few weeks because I’ve had one car problem after another. My husband’s car needed all new brakes and rotors, as well as four new tires and the one headlight needed to be completely replaced. Then my car also needed new breaks and rotors (thankfully only the front tires) and now my car is making this terrible high pitched sound. I’m taking it into the mechanic tomorrow and I’m almost afraid to think what could be wrong now. Needless to say, I haven’t put anything into savings for this challenge as we’ve been cashflowing everything instead of pulling from our emergency fund. Once we get the current problem figured out and fixed, I hope to be back to saving again. It’s time for Murphy to leave now, lol.

So, I’m just back from the dealer, and they can’t find anything wrong with my car - I guess that’s a good thing, but the noise is still there, just not as loud as before. They think something is loose in the dash. Anyway, it was no money out of my pocket to have them check it and no more money for car repairs, so I’m a happy person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!