5th Park inevitable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can’t base a park solely on “e tickets”. By that logic a park could have 4 attractions all e tickets and it would be done in your book.

You need more than that.
I interpreted his comment to mean WDW needs FOUR ADDITIONAL e-ticket attractions TOTAL across all four parks before a 5th gate should even be considered.

I would say Epcot needs at least 1-2 more (after Rat and Guardians are finished) and AK needs 3 more. FOP, Everest and Safari just doesn't cut it. The only saving grace AK has is that only the Pandora rides are Tier 1 . so you only miss out FPing one key ride (not two like at Epcot and DHS).

Hollywood Studios was my favorite park as a child and then it became desolate. I thought there was nothing they could do to make it live up to what it was and now look at it‽ You never realize how much actual land there is until they put things there. How many more things can they put even by TOT area if they wanted? I agree... Id like to see more expansion of current parks. I think if anything you will see everything connected by Skyliners and the ease of access to parks will make things more convenient than they already are. I feel this is the first test with the Skyliner in 2019... if successful look out Bus Stops ... this is the new 5th gate HA

I interpreted his comment to mean WDW needs FOUR ADDITIONAL e-ticket attractions TOTAL across all four parks before a 5th gate should even be considered.

I would say Epcot needs at least 1-2 more (after Rat and Guardians are finished) and AK needs 3 more. FOP, Everest and Safari just doesn't cut it. The only saving grace AK has is that only the Pandora rides are Tier 1 . so you only miss out FPing one key ride (not two like at Epcot and DHS).
I’ll agree to disagree then. ;)

Hollywood Studios was my favorite park as a child and then it became desolate. I thought there was nothing they could do to make it live up to what it was and now look at it‽ You never realize how much actual land there is until they put things there. How many more things can they put even by TOT area if they wanted? I agree... Id like to see more expansion of current parks. I think if anything you will see everything connected by Skyliners and the ease of access to parks will make things more convenient than they already are. I feel this is the first test with the Skyliner in 2019... if successful look out Bus Stops ... this is the new 5th gate HA
From what I remember from all the pre Star Wars speculation, HS is kinda boxed in. I think some of that land is unbuildable or protected, and then it rubs up against the roads. But it’s been so long since it was discussed that I could be way off.

As for Skyliner I think we could see more stuff happen with that in the future if this leg proves successful. Things like old key west/ port orleans to Epcot, ak lodge to ak would be super feasible

ak lodge to ak would be super feasible

Yes, real dust in the face for once (well through the vents anyway). :thumbsup2

enhance

From what I remember from all the pre Star Wars speculation, HS is kinda boxed in. I think some of that land is unbuildable or protected, and then it rubs up against the roads. But it’s been so long since it was discussed that I could be way off.

As for Skyliner I think we could see more stuff happen with that in the future if this leg proves successful. Things like old key west/ port orleans to Epcot, ak lodge to ak would be super feasible

All of land around DHS between the major roads has been released from conservation so it's all buildable now which give DHS a lot of expansion room.

All of land around DHS between the major roads has been released from conservation so it's all buildable now which give DHS a lot of expansion room.
That’s awesome to know! I’d love for them to do some more expansion work there, but they need to sort out the current footprint before then. Echo lake and animation courtyard should both be in the chopping block down the road

I honestly thought there was, but I guess that's just memory. However, hypothetically-speaking, if there were to be a 5th park in WDW, I do wonder what the possible theme could be.
To make a 5th park work you would need a major theme to drive it. I know alot here and I am one of them love the idea of a "villans" world. That could be so much fun. But I really don't think it will happen any time even close to soon.
The best "second gate" at Disney resorts is (by far, IMO) Tokyo DisneySea. The theming there is incredible. A DisneySea park could work especially well in California or Florida. Once DLR gets on the other side of SWGE I hope discussion of a 3rd gate heats up. But DLR is space constrained in ways WDW will never be thanks to Uncle Walt. So a DisneySea park as a 5th park in Florida would be an option for those who like to speculate. ;)

:wizard:

The best "second gate" at Disney resorts is (by far, IMO) Tokyo DisneySea. The theming there is incredible. A DisneySea park could work especially well in California or Florida. Once DLR gets on the other side of SWGE I hope discussion of a 3rd gate heats up. But DLR is space constrained in ways WDW will never be thanks to Uncle Walt. So a DisneySea park as a 5th park in Florida would be an option for those who like to speculate. ;)

Let's go with this!

Just throwing this out there remind me ten years for now about a third gate in California since that’ll be Olympic time in Los Angeles

You're all missing one key aspect in all of this: the Star Wars Hotel.

Once this is successful and they learn all the lessons about setting up a themed hotel like this, then they'll start making new ones. The foot print isn't very large and it's going to require somewhere around 50-100% deluxe hotel rack rates. Just imagine a Frozen hotel, BatB hotel, Indiana Jones hotel whatever.

They don't need to build a 5th gate, if you're going to do an all-in Disney Vacation, you're going to stay at a themed hotel for 3? 4? days, experience that whole thing, then hit the parks for another 3-4 days. The hotels themselves will take crowds out of the parks and offer new experiences.

Star Wars hotel this year? Can't wait to go back and go to Beast's castle next year. Oh yeah and hit up Tron too.

Once this is successful and they learn all the lessons about setting up a themed hotel like this, then they'll start making new ones. The foot print isn't very large and it's going to require somewhere around 50-100% deluxe hotel rack rates. Just imagine a Frozen hotel, BatB hotel, Indiana Jones hotel whatever.

They don't need to build a 5th gate, if you're going to do an all-in Disney Vacation, you're going to stay at a themed hotel for 3? 4? days, experience that whole thing, then hit the parks for another 3-4 days. The hotels themselves will take crowds out of the parks and offer new experiences.

Star Wars hotel this year? Can't wait to go back and go to Beast's castle next year. Oh yeah and hit up Tron too.
That’s an angle I’d never thought of. It’s the idea of boutique experiences that aren’t a park like discovery cove but still immersive as heck. Very interesting

Going to disagree here a bit. While I do think more full immersion type hotels will come, the real draw of this hotel is two fold...that being it is fully star wars based AND it will have direct access to the SW:GE land.

Of the options you list....where would that be revisited?

To stay at a full immersion hotel, then have to ride a bus to get to the park or such loses alot of value IMO.

That being said....a hotel outside of EPCOT tied directly to GotG? OR one of the WE pavillions...that could maybe work

Disney should have built a 5th and 6th park by now. But they haven't felt a need to because their competition has faltered since the 2nd Potterland. I think it will take Universal having to build a 3rd theme park (Volcano doesn't count) for Disney to do anything. For now they though will just continue to take their sweet *** time with expansions.

1971, 1982, 1989, 1998

Disney should have built a 5th and 6th park by now. But they haven't felt a need to because their competition has faltered since the 2nd Potterland. I think it will take Universal having to build a 3rd theme park (Volcano doesn't count) for Disney to do anything. For now they though will just continue to take their sweet *** time with expansions.

1971, 1982, 1989, 1998
I don’t think there’s any practical reason to add another park. Domestic visitors aren’t going to stay longer than they do now, as you only get so many vacations day you can take in the US. Something they found out when they built AK is the average guest wasn’t extending their length of stay, rather spreading out where they went during their normal length stay

I don’t think there’s any practical reason to add another park. Domestic visitors aren’t going to stay longer than they do now, as you only get so many vacation days you can take in the US. Something they found out when they built AK is the average guest wasn’t extending their length of stay, rather spreading out where they went during their normal length stay

I think it serves 2 purposes

1) Perhaps it will prevent visitors from heading over to Uni for a day or two
and
2) Perhaps the crowds will lessing at each park, making visits to each more pleasant. Even September has become awful at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!