5th wheel storage near Disney

love__goofy

Mouseketeer
I am looking to see if there is a storage place near Fort Wilderness that will keep our 5th wheel and bring it over to the Fort when we have reservations. Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach does this.

I know of a few storage places close to FW, but none of them offer what you are looking for. They are just a storage facility. I have used storage in the area before and checked out places close and a little farther away but none of them offered moving a unit. There are some transport people in the area that will do it for you but I think there fees start at $100.00

I know of a few storage places close to FW, but none of them offer what you are looking for. They are just a storage facility. I have used storage in the area before and checked out places close and a little farther away but none of them offered moving a unit. There are some transport people in the area that will do it for you but I think there fees start at $100.00

What Corgidad said.

There's at least one poster here who stores their trailer in Florida and then hires someone to bring it back and forth with the Fort but they are separate private arrangements. This question gets asked at least once a year here.

It sounds like a good idea but there must not be enough demand for it. :confused3

Bama Ed

Last edited:
What Corgidad said.

There's at least one poster here who stores their trailer in Florida and then hires someone to bring it back and forth with the Fort but they are separate private arrangements. This question gets asked at least once a year here.

It sounds like a good idea but there must not be enough demand for it. :confused3

Bama Ed

Not a matter of demand. It is very very very expensive to get your own DOT numbers and all associated paperwork for Commercial work, which is what this would be. People are not going to pay what would be required to do just this as a business.
Just to apply for a MC number is 300 dollars, but then insurance, would require a 750000 to 5000000 policy, another insurance policy requires a 75000 bond. So yeah, unless they are an established hauler, not really worth it. A friend of mine wanted his trailer moved, from in VA to PA, company quoted him about 1200 dollars. Now that was about a 6 hour trip one way.

Last edited:

Not a matter of demand.

Apparently there is enough demand in Myrtle to justify the business expense. Why not Orlando?

The proof is in the pudding.

In Central FL, other than the Fort, where else do people want to go? :confused3 Nowhere else, apparently. I think Myrtle has several more numerous, although less prominent, campground/rv destinations. Maybe moving trailers was just an ancillary business.

Just my casual observation as that was not my customer segment. YMMV.

Bama Ed

PS - I had the South Carolina territory in one point in my life of my sales career. Loved the Hilton Head area. Myrtle Beach, nah, not so much. Too touristy, too developed, too run down. Just one guy's opinion. Worth what you paid for it. :sad2:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I called today to get a price from larger companies and they were between $250-$350 to move the 5th wheel about 10-15 miles from storage to the Fort. It seems like there has to be a smaller company that would be willing to move it for under $100 each way. I'm going to continue to look into it and will post an update for others if I find someone. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!