6 months since vmk closed

gymnastgirlflips

Live, Laugh, Glove
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you its six months since vmk closed today. Im not exactly sure what to call it, an anniversary? Idk, considering that's usually a happy thing. Well, just if you want to post a memory of your favorite room or your vmk friends just randomly joking around, go ahead.
I'd have to say my favorite room is fantasyland in the sky... I just loved how you could stand on the clouds and look at the moon, lol its still my desktop background on the computer. Well, I hope everyone is still doing ok!
-flips

Yeah, O.K. I guess.

The mystery continues onto why they closed VMK.

I was looking forward to another good christmas and summer.:sad2:

I think anyone who really played vmk still misses it. I can't believe it has been gone a half a year already...

Deathday as Nearly headless Nick. WE even get a cake of rotted fish and tar icing. ;)

Deathday as Nearly headless Nick. WE even get a cake of rotted fish and tar icing. ;)

Ewww. Well today is my unbirthday, but I dont think at vmk they celebrated death day o_o or I mean "dead.the" day lol. They may be in a mad hatter room having tea as we speak (or i type)- unless its your birthday of course.

Pretty sad, I remember those days when we thought VMK would NEVER close! Well, look where we are now. Huh! :sad2:

Yeah, O.K. I guess.

The mystery continues onto why they closed VMK.

I was looking forward to another good christmas and summer.:sad2:

No mystery involved at all. It was strictly a business decision. Their online IT department could not justify the resources it took to keep VMK going when those resources were needed elsewhere. We're talking developers, artists, marketing, moderators, servers and bandwidth. Club Penguin had more potential in their minds.

There's nothing keeping Disney from "turning back on" VMK other than the need for those resources. I doubt Disney will ever allow them to go back though - HOWEVER - in the future we might see some elements from VMK reincarnated in another virtual online experience.

BTW - I miss it too :sad2:

Yes it seems like longer than 6 months. I still miss it even more now that I am working on our annual family christmas cd which I added a few pics in of VMK.

I think the magic we all shared together is gone and may never come back. Unless VMK opens again which I doubt in the near future.

I have found games I enjoy but my heart is not in any. Only some of my friends play each game. VMK was so unique. That our love for disney could be shared. The joy of spreading pixie dust.

I am not playing any disney game. Because from what I am hearing they still do not get it. Still have no concept of the people that play. Again kids are ending up frustrated and parents are not happy either.

So yes I still miss it so so much.

I miss my friends, I miss the Christmas decorations on main street, I even miss the maze events. I miss someplace to be online, and friends to be with online.

Dianne

Yeah, its amazing how I was so confident it would never go away. Tink and I thought that the whole "closing the gates" thing that first day just meant they were not allowing more people to join. Only until we really got on and read the newsletter did we see what that really meant. :( I miss just about everything about it, and I could make a huge list, but I better just leave it at everything.

Yes it seems like longer than 6 months. I still miss it even more now that I am working on our annual family christmas cd which I added a few pics in of VMK.

I think the magic we all shared together is gone and may never come back. Unless VMK opens again which I doubt in the near future.

I have found games I enjoy but my heart is not in any. Only some of my friends play each game. VMK was so unique. That our love for disney could be shared. The joy of spreading pixie dust.

I am not playing any disney game. Because from what I am hearing they still do not get it. Still have no concept of the people that play. Again kids are ending up frustrated and parents are not happy either.

So yes I still miss it so so much.

Wow! I think I pretty much agree with everything u said here about vmk. Are u a mind reader?? Where do u live? are u spying on me?? :scared1:

And yes I competely miss vmk. Especially with the holidays coming up. I can't believe we will have no Christmas on vmk this year.. :sad1:
I love Christmas :santa: and vmk, and the two of them together was just the best!

Yes, I completley agree. I had two christmas days on vmk! I wish I had two birthdays too, but vmk decided to close about 15 days before mine sooo yeah. Im very glad I still had vmk for that long though.

I really dont think it is natural to miss a virtual game this much. I dont think it is me either (well some, but...) it was just such an awesome game! It really felt like a community, and just the friendships and everything. When you get on other games, its not like that. In another online game there is usually some sort of mission, or its hard to make friends, or its only for little girls, or a certain small ranged age group.

Now I dont even see how someone could come up with the idea of vmk and making it so great, and I feel even more confused about how someone could possibly shut that down. If they shut down any other game, no matter how many people got on it, I still dont think people would miss it as much/as long as we have missed our vmk.

Here's something i'm gonna tell you.

VMK wasn't a game - it was a state of mind.

Now your probably asking how it could be a state of mind. Think about it, you could basically play it without really looking at it. It was your own world, and a different one to each and every player. Once entering the game, you were actually there. You were crossing over your thoughts between the real world and VMK.

I think i'm going to launch a study on VMK. How could it be something so..... real, yet only be pixels.

As Rickscafe might say...."We will always have VMK. Here's looking at you kid":grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter