6 people in a room

sportfan4

Earning My Ears
Do any of the Universal onsite resorts have rooms which will accomodate 6 people ( 2 adults, 4 kids)???? what are some options..

I think they do have some suites that may suit your needs, but I'm reasonably sure they were WELL expensive. I think a cheaper alternative is to get interconnecting rooms. If that looks like it's getting pricey (even with the best discounts it's going to be in the $300 per night range) a workable option could be something like Buenna Vista suites along I-Drive, you could get a 2 bedroom unit that has a sofabed in the living room. We had a unit that had a queen size bed in one bedroom, a queen and a single in the 2nd bedroom and a double sized sofa bed in the living/diningroom. I think it was in the region of $100 per night.

Depending on how long you're on vacation for a very workable option for a break of more than 5 days is to rent a vacation home. These can be 2,3,4 or more bedrooms and with or without a private pool. Most are situated near or along the 192 south of Disney, but there are some in the I-Drive area. IMHO these offer the best standard of accommodation, most room and best value (although sometimes kids miss the attraction of the "hotel pool" where they can have a little more room and make friends with other kids) . For some idea of what private homes are like here's a link to Premier Vacation Homes who advertise on this site and are one of the more reputable agents in the Orlando area http://www.pr-vacation.com . You can get homes even cheaper if you're prepared to rent direct from the owner, but IMHO the safety net of having an agent with an office that you can contact and make known any problems ( in the very unlikely situation that a problem arises) is worth paying the extra $$S for. A 3 bedroom vacation home is going to cost you somewhere in the $120 per night to rent. The usual set up for a 3 bed would be one queen sized bed in the main bedroom and 2 single beds in each ofthe other bedrooms. It would mean each child would get it's own bed. You would need the use of a car for this type of accomodation. Most are set in privately owned developments and have no busses or shuttles to attractions.

would be alittle tight, but a suite or two rooms would work better. Also because of fire codes, I don't think 6 is allowed.

Deluxe rooms at the HRH have 2 beds and a pull out couch. They will only book it for 5 people, though.

Patty

Just back from HRH. I was told that they would book 6 to the kids suite room on concierge level, I asked each day trying to be upgraded to it. (We have 6) It has a big room with a king and a pull out queen sofa, and another room with 2 twins. So it DOES sleep 6. ONE bath. My brother was in this room, I did take pictures of it, and of course with concierge the free food was part of the deal. He paid LESS than I did, I had the 2 connecting rooms on regular floor. We were both on Entertainment rate, they were offered the upgrade to the junior suite when they checked in. He paid about $230 for the junior suite (maybe $240?) I was paying $125/room, total of $250 for the 2 rooms......

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
would be alittle tight, but a suite or two rooms would work better. Also because of fire codes, I don't think 6 is allowed.

I think they just use the "fire code" as a excuse. At Disney 5 ppl plus an infant (child under 3) can stay in many of the deluxe resorts and those rooms are smaller than the Deluxe room at HRH. Also in the deluxe the bedding is such that it does sleep six.
It just makes sense that a regular room with 2 queens would sleep 4 or 5 and the deluxe should be able to sleep up to 6.

The deluxe room is what im going for on my next trip.I have 5 but im adding another person so Im think it's possible to get 6 in a room.I will tell them 5 so They don't say anything.I want to stay on the club level but not sure if they have that room on the 7th floor.I would like to know what rooms are on the 7th floor.I stayed in a standard room and noticed some double door rooms but never knew what they offered on the 7thfloor.
tiggerguy2000

tiggerguy2000--I asked about deluxe rooms on club level and I was told they dont have any. But it doesnt hurt to ask again. You may get a rep that knows more than mine did.
Have a great trip!

Originally posted by sportfan4
Can you reserve a kids suite or do you have to be upgraded?

You can reserve a kidsuite except for the kidsuites on the club level. They cannot be reserved, but you can request them at check in. We were staying on the club level and were offered an upgrade to the kidsuite for an extra $100 a night and declined. I believe rack rate on the kidsuites (non club level) is around $400 a night.

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter