7 month change to BCV!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Ok, we like the BCV for the Flower and Garden Show, and we're all set to be there in '06! We're going Mother's Day weekend, 5-12 to 5-15, we're in 2 studios, one for DM and DSis, and we're thrilled. We haven't always gone for a weekend, sometimes for weekdays, and this is the 3rd year that we're staying at the BCV in May without owning there.

We have "given up" 2 BWV Boardwalk view studios for the ones at BCV.

MS had other good news, our 25 VWL add on which we requested on Friday has gone through. So, suddenly, we have points, even for this year. Our DS, who has been working in the oil fields of Romania called this morning to say that he has quit his position, so maybe just maybe he'll be joining us for one of our upcoming trips!

That's all of the excitement that I can take for today, son called us around 6 this morning, we all know about news that comes that early in the morning. It sort of scares the dickens out of you!

Bobbi :flower:

Bobbiwoz, so glad to hear about the extra VWL points, and the great news about your son. I know that you will be happy to see him again. Enjoy the festival!

good for you!!!

for some reason and I still don't understand it - the flower/garden show doesn't make the Epcot resorts as popular as the wine/food festavial.

could it be. :drinking1 or possible :rockband: - but not the bands - they play for the flower/garden show... :confused3

anyway congratulations!!!

Hi spiceycat :wave:

I sure have enjoyed the Flower Power concerts more than the ones at the F&W. Oh well, I did recognize "Dust in the Wind" but I wasn't that happy with Kansas' concert earlier this month. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but that's what makes the world go round!

I had toyed with buying a small BCV add on, :rotfl: I know, but if I don't need to that's really the best solution for us!

So glad that you got the resort that you really wanted. And how nice that your son will be home soon!!

We had no problem getting a BW view studio this past May or a BCV studio for this past October. Our home resort is SSR.

spiceycat said:
good for you!!!

for some reason and I still don't understand it - the flower/garden show doesn't make the Epcot resorts as popular as the wine/food festavial.

could it be. :drinking1 or possible :rockband: - but not the bands - they play for the flower/garden show... :confused3

anyway congratulations!!!

I suspect...and I could be wrong!...that the appeal of food and wine is a little broader than flowers and gardens. I betcha if they changed it to the Beer, BBQ, Flower and Garden Show there'd be a huge upswing in attendance.

Bobbi Good for you! I hope your son is able to spend some time with you and dh. Have Fun planning the trip!! :flower:

Patty :sunny:

bobbiwoz said:
Ok, we like the BCV for the Flower and Garden Show, and we're all set to be there in '06! We're going Mother's Day weekend, 5-12 to 5-15, we're in 2 studios, one for DM and DSis, and we're thrilled. We haven't always gone for a weekend, sometimes for weekdays, and this is the 3rd year that we're staying at the BCV in May without owning there.

We have "given up" 2 BWV Boardwalk view studios for the ones at BCV.

MS had other good news, our 25 VWL add on which we requested on Friday has gone through. So, suddenly, we have points, even for this year. Our DS, who has been working in the oil fields of Romania called this morning to say that he has quit his position, so maybe just maybe he'll be joining us for one of our upcoming trips!

That's all of the excitement that I can take for today, son called us around 6 this morning, we all know about news that comes that early in the morning. It sort of scares the dickens out of you!

Bobbi
How does that work if you want to switch 2 rooms from your home resort reservations? Did you wait till the end of the visit and switch both? I plan on switching at the 7 month march too (low season) but don't know whether to take one if I get it and waitlist the other? Decisions, decisions!!
:bounce:

LakeAriel, It was something I thought about, and at exactly 7 months out, I was going to waitlist for the other room if only 1 was available. This was the first time I was moving 2 rooms, and I'm glad it worked out for me, and I hope it does for you too!

bobbiwoz said:
LakeAriel, It was something I thought about, and at exactly 7 months out, I was going to waitlist for the other room if only 1 was available. This was the first time I was moving 2 rooms, and I'm glad it worked out for me, and I hope it does for you too!

Thanks Bobbi
Did you call day by day or once at the checkout date? :earsgirl:

7 months turned out to be over a weekend, and so I did it all this past Monday. Another thing that was really in my favor, is that I was trying to get a weekend ( + Sunday) and those would be the last to go because of the point cost.

Once I get my spring schedule, if I'm not teaching on Thursday night, I'm going to try to add Thursday and that may be harder than this to get.

Yea!!! Congrats!!! BCV is beautiful....but, your son coming home....that is the BEST!!!

:wave:

Beca

bobbiwoz said:
7 months turned out to be over a weekend, and so I did it all this past Monday. Another thing that was really in my favor, is that I was trying to get a weekend ( + Sunday) and those would be the last to go because of the point cost.

Once I get my spring schedule, if I'm not teaching on Thursday night, I'm going to try to add Thursday and that may be harder than this to get.

Thank you! Hope you have a great time especially seeing your son!!! I do hope I'm as lucky!!!

Congratulations! Sure glad your 6:00 am news was good. That does scare the dickens out of you for sure. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter