8:50 BOG Reservation - New Rope Drop - Early Entry?

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
We have an 850 a.m. BOG reservation on a 9 a.m. open day at Magic Kingdom. I've seen conflicting posts from Nov-Feb about whether people with reservations after 845 a.m. were allowed back early to eat.

Has anyone from March had an 8:45-8:55 BOG reservation been allowed in at the early 7:45 a.m. time and allowed to eat as soon as they got to BOG... or ridden 7DMT first and then gone to their BOG reservation? Or, has anyone from March with these reservations NOT been allowed back before the crowds were already in the park/hub. Thanks in advance!

We've done this and were allowed in somewhere between 10-20 minutes before the time of the ADR, so that would be somewhere between 8:30 and 8:40 for you. We walked right in and ordered then sat down.

One thing to consider when doing BOG PPO in the hope that you can do 7DMT before park opening . . .

When we did Early Morning Magic in July there were MANY people who came rushing out of BOG to ride 7DMT before the park opened. Unfortunately they were held in the standby line until park opening while everyone who was doing EMM used the FP line and rode. I have heard some people say they were still allowed to ride even though there was an EMM, but that wasn't the experience we saw when when we did it. Right now EMM seems to be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays but those days can change. I would be very careful scheduling a PPO BOG breakfast these days if you are primarily doing it because you want to ride 7DMT. If you want to do it for the experience at BOG and riding early would be a "nice to have but not required" then being able to do 7DMT could be a nice bonus.

This is a zombie thread but since it deals with a question I was just asking a few days ago...

One thing to consider when doing BOG PPO in the hope that you can do 7DMT before park opening . . .

When we did Early Morning Magic in July there were MANY people who came rushing out of BOG to ride 7DMT before the park opened. Unfortunately they were held in the standby line until park opening while everyone who was doing EMM used the FP line and rode. I have heard some people say they were still allowed to ride even though there was an EMM, but that wasn't the experience we saw when when we did it. Right now EMM seems to be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays but those days can change. I would be very careful scheduling a PPO BOG breakfast these days if you are primarily doing it because you want to ride 7DMT. If you want to do it for the experience at BOG and riding early would be a "nice to have but not required" then being able to do 7DMT could be a nice bonus.

To piggyback on this, even though EMM schedules are not being released until well after the 180 mark they're currently showing up on the park hours page for the MK anyway. This is a screenshot of one of the days of our next trip. Notice that while no EMM have been announced for March, there's a "ticketed event" on the schedule for that morning. So you can check to see if your PPO breakfast is on a probable EMM day or not. You just have to use the "park hours" tab and click on the MK, so you're only viewing MK hours and showtimes, then select your date.

upload_2017-9-25_17-52-54.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter