10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

New March UPDATE:

So, we will be in Disney in 3 days. YAY! But, now, Monday's plans have dramatically changed...Joe and I now have 7:30am reservations at The Wave for breakfast (We will pay and valet the car). Timmy is going to meet us there at about 8:15. We will then walk over to MK, where Tim will get us in for FREE, because he earned 2 free passes!!!!!!!! :P We will leave the park at 11:30 to pick up the car and drive it over to the GF for our 12:15 tea reservations. After tea, we will monorail it back to MK. I made dinner reservations at Skipper Canteens, so I will be cancelling Narcoossees. The park is open until 11, so we will hang there until our tired selves can't handle it anymore...What do you all think???????? The only thing that sucks, is that we cannot book Fast Passes with Tim's free tix. The upside is that it's free entry, so we will just have to wait in lines...

Thanks hon! I am so ready to get out of the cold, windy, western burbs of Chicago...
I'm thinking about doing a food and drink blog about this upcoming trip, since it's all food focused...What do you think????
Bring it on!!!! You know I'd be all about the drink (and of course the food too) :-)

Joe and I now have 7:30am reservations at The Wave for breakfast (We will pay and valet the car).
Have you all done The Wave before? Its my favorite of the breakfast buffets. Its not as big as the others, but they do everything impeccably well.

I made dinner reservations at Skipper Canteens, so I will be cancelling Narcoossees. The park is open until 11, so we will hang there until our tired selves can't handle it anymore...What do you all think???????? The only thing that sucks, is that we cannot book Fast Passes with Tim's free tix. The upside is that it's free entry, so we will just have to wait in lines...
Definitely make sense to stay in the park, rather than taking what could be an hour to trek to the GF and back.

Can you not book fast passes once you are in the park????

Bring it on!!!! You know I'd be all about the drink (and of course the food too) :-)

Have you all done The Wave before? Its my favorite of the breakfast buffets. Its not as big as the others, but they do everything impeccably well.

Definitely make sense to stay in the park, rather than taking what could be an hour to trek to the GF and back.

Can you not book fast passes once you are in the park????

Yes, we have done The Wave for dinner a few times and breakfast once, but its been awhile...It's one of my favs too, and I'm really looking forward to it. I have it booked for breakfast in June too.
No, we cannot book fast passes with our tix from Timmy. Doesn't that suck?!?!?! But, it's ok. It will force us to take the day at a much slower pace. if we have to wait hours in line, it's honestly ok. I'm just really excited to get to spend the day with Tim...:-) Besides, it's not like we haven't done it all before, and we have 2 more trips planned this year...8-)

We leave in 2 days! Got my mani/pedi done yesterday and believe it or not, I'm almost packed...Now, I just have to get through 1 more day of work...I even picked Gia up a new Minnie Mouse tee and a couple "twirly" dresses.

ONE more day! How exciting!

Here's hoping you have fabulous weather. LOVE that you get to spend Monday with Timmy at MK, even without use of FPs. Sounds like it will be a fun trip!

You get to leave right before we arrive! :)

ONE more day! How exciting!

Here's hoping you have fabulous weather. LOVE that you get to spend Monday with Timmy at MK, even without use of FPs. Sounds like it will be a fun trip!

You get to leave right before we arrive! :)

The weather looks good!
I'm nervous about not having the use of fast pass, but, it's not like we haven't done it all before, and it's not like we aren't coming back...Still, it would be nice to skip a few looooong lines...
You have a wonderful trip too!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

FC989220-6FD7-493F-9A28-AE506C94A0A7.jpeg 43769EC7-969D-475B-841F-34C2E4728530.jpeg Joe and I left for the airport about noon on Friday, March 23. We took our time, ran a few errands, self parked and hopped on the bus to take us to the airport. Check in and security were a breeze. We stopped at the food court where we shared a panini and an ice tea and then made our way to our gate. The flight was on time, leaving at 3:10.

EFD1E65D-A1F2-4118-89F1-8A6BA7D565F0.jpeg C0078C28-A4D0-4F23-B54B-EEC7A116BDFA.jpeg 5E5ABFAD-2B55-4051-AEB5-0E0A8C4DFD75.jpeg 7ADC349D-11B7-4687-BBB2-A3723AD58F20.jpeg We arrived in beautiful Orlando about 20 minutes early. But, we waited FOREVER for our luggage. When it finally came, we grabbed it and our rental car and high tailed it to the Hilton Doubletree Disney Springs.

We checked into our room and were disappointed to find they gave away our king bed and we got stuck with 2 doubles. Sigh. At this point, we were also STARVING, so we valeted the car and walked over to our favorite bar, Jock Lindsey’s. They no longer have those delicious nachos on the menu that Joe ordered and loved in January. So, we opted for the tots and cheese curds, an order of queso served with chips and warm tortillas with a few cocktails. Joe had the new chocolate ganache old fashioned and I had the Reggie’s Revenge. It was really sweet, but it went down smooth. Joe’s drink was the winner!! It was really, really good!!! It was also new to the menu. We would both order it again...

After Jock Lindsey’s, we picked up the car and went back to the hotel. It was close to 11:30, and we were tired. Bedsides, we had an early morning coming up. We were meeting Timmy, Julie, Todd and Gia in Disney Springs at the Starbucks at 9am...

E7EB39DB-405B-4D88-A16D-CB2B68BB6B6B.jpeg BFBB8992-7F41-4F55-A8E2-0E893BF7B9D1.jpeg E4F436CD-D5E7-40BE-97EB-BA7E2627564C.jpeg 94CA2C79-D2BC-42E6-B70F-6256BC4D3C61.jpeg 2DB1D26E-31E2-4918-8D64-DCF3FF60FFD3.jpeg AEAE909C-A14E-49A7-8111-6CCCF9D6AF72.jpeg C62006CA-8353-4257-A24D-3DB4E4AEB7B2.jpeg Timmy was the first to arrive in DS. Julie and the gang hit traffic, so they arrived closer to 9:45.
Julie surprised Joe with a 50th birthday hat, button and neckless. We made him wear it most of the day.
Timmy left us at 11. He needed to get to work. The rest of us headed to Homecomin’. We had a lunch reservation to get to...

42FD0FCD-E295-45B2-B498-AF58D2FB875B.jpeg 3C006B89-B21E-4986-BCA7-EC2FF4C15859.jpeg DFAF6447-ED1D-468D-BE3C-7B16BE074EDF.jpeg 9587EC3D-CABC-45E1-B93A-71C19D489FBB.jpeg A9ADCF06-0FB6-424C-9D70-B69998DCB509.jpeg 412B4317-8326-4A9C-8039-7BE9970A5FD4.jpeg The food at Homecomin’ was delicious as always. I had the chicken salad and Joe had the chicken and donuts. We both had drinks. I had the new blueberry/vodka drink on the menu and Joe had the new pineapple mash. Both were awesome!!! I ordered the watermelon mash next. It’s still my fav and I couldn’t not order it...DUH! We also stopped at Goofy’s before lunch to get Gia some cotton candy.

538FE1AC-B1EB-4E77-9CE0-30E6CFC20139.jpeg After lunch, Joe and Todd went to do The Void. They LOVED it!!! Julie, Gia and I went shopping. Then, we all watched Gia play in the shooting water. I may have played with her too...:tongue:
Coming up...We head off property for dinner at Rocco's Tacos, and I may have run into a bit of a celeb and got a selfie with him...:crazy:

Last edited:
Ok, so who else, besides @ariane37 is watching The Santa Clarita Diet????? Joe and I just started Season 2. I absolutely LOVE Timothy Olyphant. I loved him on Justified too! Anyway, we are binge watching it all weekend...

Ok, so who else, besides @ariane37 is watching The Santa Clarita Diet????? Joe and I just started Season 2. I absolutely LOVE Timothy Olyphant. I loved him on Justified too! Anyway, we are binge watching it all weekend...
Ricky told us the 2nd season was released, can't wait popcorn:: We got home late this afternoon but after unpacking and catching up on work we were too tired to start it!

It was so great hanging with you and Joe again on Sunday :hug: Just wish we had more time and can't wait to do it again! Happy Easter!

Looks like a great first 24 hours in Disney! Gia is getting so big and is beyond precious!

Glad to see that Joe got his beloved Jock Lindsey's in to start the trip. His drink sounds awesome! Bummer they didn't have the nachos, though I'm guessing tater tots and cheese curds was good to drown your sorrows in :-)

Ricky told us the 2nd season was released, can't wait popcorn:: We got home late this afternoon but after unpacking and catching up on work we were too tired to start it!

It was so great hanging with you and Joe again on Sunday :hug: Just wish we had more time and can't wait to do it again! Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!!!! I'm glad you made it home safe.
We really had fun hanging with you and Steve too!!!!
Joe wants to know if the wine was any good????:drinking1

Looks like a great first 24 hours in Disney! Gia is getting so big and is beyond precious!

Glad to see that Joe got his beloved Jock Lindsey's in to start the trip. His drink sounds awesome! Bummer they didn't have the nachos, though I'm guessing tater tots and cheese curds was good to drown your sorrows in :-)

Jock Lindsey's has become a MUST DO on every trip. I probably won't have a chance to stop in during our girl's trip, but we WILL be back during our October trip...Joe's drink was definitely the bomb that night. And, it's funny, I literally read about it the day before we left...So, when we saw it on the menu, Joe was like," Yep, that's for me..."
The tots and curds were good, but the queso was very good, creamy, cheddar deliciousness.

ED7C1E34-7FBD-43EA-87E5-D7CB8EF48AF8.jpeg AA4F83D1-5AB0-49C0-9173-692C1D6D38E4.jpeg C5B4A36C-DEA8-446F-9293-2E9D4D888A66.jpeg C15CB4EC-94F0-4515-8946-21149DD20F29.jpeg CB96A1D3-A90A-4D99-9804-275E6ADAC094.jpeg C9675DCB-4873-4758-B872-C4EF0CA58F92.jpeg After DS, we all went back to the hotel to rest and freshen up. We secretly purchased Sprinkles cupcakes for Joe, but I didn’t take a pic. We were surprising him with dessert up in Julie’s room after dinner.
Speaking of dinner...We ate at Rocco’s Tacos. It was awesome!!!! Again, epic fail on the food, but I did manage drink pics. Joe had a mojito and I had a mango sangria. Our waiter also brought Joe out a double tequila shot with a lime and candle in it for his birthday.
So, the reason I failed on taking pictures of our dinner was because I was a little distracted. As we were checking in, Todd leans over and says Andy Reid is behind us. I’m like ,”No way!” For any of you football fans, Mr. Reid is the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, my fav NFL team. So, all throughout dinner, I was thinking about how I was going to get a pic with him...I didn’t want to bother him while he was eating, so I had to pay attention to when he was walking out...To make a long story short, I was able to time it just right, and got my selfie with Andy Reid. Yay me!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!