8 y/o is 5'1"

shleybird

Earning My Ears
I would never try to buy a child's pass for a child over age, but my 8 y/o is already 5'1". When we go back to WDW, he will still be only 8, and at the rate he is growing I'm sure he will be 2-3 inches taller. Should I take a copy of his birth certificate, or do you think it will be a problem? We will be buying AP's as we are moving to Florida in Dec. He won't turn 9 untill the end of March. Any suggestions would be great, as my 7 y/o is only 2" shorter than his brother.

I don't think you should have a problem. My DS11 is 5' 7" (an inch taller than me!) I'm sure they have seen "big" kids and realize that just because they are tall and look older that the parents are not trying to pull a fast one. You can always bring their birth certificates "just in case." :)

My 2 1/2 year old DD is 38 inches. we were shocked at the Dr office. I am 6ft3 so I guess WNBA HERE WE COME LOL

My dd is also quite tall for her age. Since she turned 10 we've had to buy her the adult pass but before that I traveled with her birth certificate. That way I had it just in case there was a question at the parks or even at the airport. Never had to take it out tho!!!

I know a little how you feel, my DD is 5'4" at 11, and just keeps going. She is also about 125 pounds, and doesn't look young. It is always fun going to restaurant's and asking for the kid menu/price, they look at you like "yea right". We went to one place recently, and the hostess asked her if she was being helped. The worst thing is I would not lie about it to get a reduced price on anything, but everyone still believes I am.
Donna

just got back w/my dd who is 9.5 and 5' tall and no one even batted an eyelash when we bought kids tix, kids meals, etc... they see so many families from so many places they are used to the variables, i am sure!

Wowee! You guys have some tall kids-LOL! We have the opposite problem. DD6 has her fingers crossed that she will be able to go on the rides with 44" height requirements. At her yearly checkup, she was a hair under 44", and she still hasn't broken the 40 lb. mark! People ask her all the time if she is in preschool yet- and she is in the first grade!

I'd probably bring a copy of the BC, just in case- but it seems kids are getting taller and taller each generation. I'm sure the CMs have seen both ends of the spectrum as far as kids' size is concerned.:sunny:

He is taller than me and I am 28 --- I have to laugh at the tall genes and short genes in the world --- I am 5' on a good day... If I wear my "lifting" sneakers 5'2" - HAHAHA.

Have fun at the parks!

My dd was almost 41 inches before her third b-day. I was sure there would be a probelm with them believing she was "free"...one cm asked at the entry to MK "is she three?" and I said no, not for a couple months and she said ok. I never had to pull out the birth cert. but I had it just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter