8x8 Autograph Book Pages

elizablake

DIS Veteran
I’m attempting to make my first autograph book for DD. I have my heart set on a bound book from Shutterfly since I’ve ordered them in the past and love them.:lovestruc I also, have my heart set on a hard cover book (Yes, I know I’m being picky). :rolleyes1 The smallest size I can get with a hard cover is 8x8. So…I’m attempting to design my own 8x8 pages. :scared1::laughing:

I have a few questions before I spend anymore time on the book:

Is 8x8 too big? I figured multiple characters could sign on each page if they are from the same movie. For example, Jasmine, Aladdin and Genie could all sign an Aladdin page.

If multiple characters can sign on each page, how many blank pages should I add?

Will Shutterfly print something with Disney clip art on it?

Is there something obvious I am not thinking about? I hate to waste time or money. :confused3

Here are some of the pages I have completed so far. Please post any criticism. I can take it. :lmao: Seriously, I’m new to this and would love any suggestions for improvements. :goodvibes

Minnieredo.jpg

Pluto.jpg

ChipandDale.jpg

Ariel.jpg

Alladin.jpg

Alice.jpg

I don't think 8x8 is too big...the hard cover one on disneystore.com says it measures 6.75 x 7.25. More than one autograph on a page is always an option, but our experience was the more room they had to write, the bigger the signature was. We took an autograph photo mat thing to Chef Mickeys and the five characters filled that thing up :lmao:

Several years ago I did a 8x8 creative memories autograph book for DD and DS first trip. It was not to big but as the above poster stated they filled each page with their signature, leaving very little room for any other. But it still looked good with just one signature per page you just may need to add more pages.:idea:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:Looks like I will be adding more pages. Hmmm...it's so hard to know who we will meet!

Depending on how long you are staying and what parks you are going to...plan to have at least 50 pages. No joke! You'd be surprised how many you see. And the characters with the "heads" can't see well so they won't sign on the same page. Buzz and Woody are a good example. They are almost always together but will sign separate pages.

We plan to go to the Crystal Palace for breakfast. What do you think of these for Pooh and the gang?

Tigger.jpg

eeyore.jpg

Piglet.jpg

winniethepooh.jpg

Great job on the pages. If you want, I can send you a list of the characters we put in our book...the ones we typically see year after year (we also put a few blanks just in case)

LOVE the covers!!!! Just make sure that they are laminated or you have a ziplock bag "autograph book poncho" so that those gorgeous pics won't be ruined in a sudden rain.

I just posted a list of all of the characters we saw in the parks on our recent trip (1/30-2/6) on my "Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book" thread in post #112. I hope this will help! :goodvibes

Great job on the pages. If you want, I can send you a list of the characters we put in our book...the ones we typically see year after year (we also put a few blanks just in case)

LOVE the covers!!!! Just make sure that they are laminated or you have a ziplock bag "autograph book poncho" so that those gorgeous pics won't be ruined in a sudden rain.

A ziplock bag sounds perfect. Thanks for your help.

I just posted a list of all of the characters we saw in the parks on our recent trip (1/30-2/6) on my "Simple Guide to Making an Autograph Book" thread in post #112. I hope this will help! :goodvibes

A big help! Thank you.

A ziplock bag sounds perfect. Thanks for your help.
We always have ziplock bags on hand at WDW. They come in handy to keep lots of things dry when those soaking rainstorms come without warning (cell phones, wallets, autograph books, and big one...cameras!!!)

First off, I hope you open a photobucket and post all of your designs because they are great! I may want to steal them:goodvibes

Second, winkflash.com is having a "flat rate" sale right now...I have never used them but basically you pay a flat rate for the photobook and it doesn't matter how many pages you add...so you could have one for each character if you wanted...I think the price for a custom cover 8x8 is around $25....if you go through winkflash and have to have 50 pages you may be paying alot. If you want to do this you should move fast because I think the deal ends on Feb. 17th....Good luck and make sure to post pics!

First off, I hope you open a photobucket and post all of your designs because they are great! I may want to steal them:goodvibes

Thank you. I am more than happy to share anything I have but I'm new to this and not sure how it works. I have a photobucket account. The files I uploaded should have a high enough resolution if you would like to download them. They are JPEGs though, do you need PNGs? I can also redo them in 4x6 or 5x7 pretty quickly. I'm hardly a graphic designer :rolleyes1 attempting to use Photoshop is a hobby of mine.

Second, winkflash.com is having a "flat rate" sale right now...I have never used them but basically you pay a flat rate for the photobook and it doesn't matter how many pages you add...so you could have one for each character if you wanted...I think the price for a custom cover 8x8 is around $25....if you go through winkflash and have to have 50 pages you may be paying alot. If you want to do this you should move fast because I think the deal ends on Feb. 17th....Good luck and make sure to post pics!

I'm going to check out winkflash. Thanks for the info. It sounds like a much better deal but I don't think at this rate I will be done by Feb 17th. :scared1: Who knows they may have the sale again this spring though. I've ordered both photobooks and calendars from shutterfly and I have always been very happy with their products. They run 20% off sales and free shipping on occassion. Hopefully, I can get a discount when I'm ready to order.

I have two pages for Cinderella that I am planning on putting side by side. One for Cinderella and one for the step sisters and step mother. If we don't meet them, then maybe we will see the mice or fairy god mother.

Left page

Cinderelaredo.jpg

Right page

Cinderella2.jpg

I made some more. I'm not sure if I like them or not. :)

I was thinking about these for generic park pages since we won't know which characters we will run across:

AKpage.jpg

HSpage.jpg

MKPage.jpg

MKPage2.jpg

MKPage3.jpg

MiscDisney2.jpg

epcot.jpg

These would go side by side:

ToyStorypage1.jpg

ToyStorypage2.jpg

Peter pan:

Peterpan.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!