9/5 - 9/9 Trip Report

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Hey all. Just a quick report from my short solo/friend trip. Spent the days at the park by myself, and evenings with some local friends. Stayed at Hard Rock, which as always, I loved. Parks were really quiet, picked up a bit Saturday. Didn't find the HHN stuff to be distracting from the vibe and feel of Universal at all. Great job by Universal. Rode Fast and Furious for 1st time. Awful. Honestly, I can't think of a single good thing to say about it. Best meal of trip was, no surprise, Mythos. Love that place. Had 2 slight issues at Hard Rock. I paid for a Garden View, but got a terrible view of the front of the hotel and a couple trees blocking anything. Whatever. No big deal. Also, AC was pretty weak. The last night, I got back from CityWalk and it was really hot in the room. Called front desk and they had an engineer up there in 10 minutes. He fixed the issue, and even brought a fan up to circulate the air. As always, top notch service.
Let's see - None of the fire effects were working in the treasure room on ROTM. Other than that, everything was in fine shape. Couple rides were down at certain times, but nothing to complain about. I have to say, I didn't enjoy being at the parks by myself as much as I hoped I would. Be back for 9 nights in January with the family for some real fun!

Hey all. Just a quick report from my short solo/friend trip. Spent the days at the park by myself, and evenings with some local friends. Stayed at Hard Rock, which as always, I loved. Parks were really quiet, picked up a bit Saturday. Didn't find the HHN stuff to be distracting from the vibe and feel of Universal at all. Great job by Universal. Rode Fast and Furious for 1st time. Awful. Honestly, I can't think of a single good thing to say about it. Best meal of trip was, no surprise, Mythos. Love that place. Had 2 slight issues at Hard Rock. I paid for a Garden View, but got a terrible view of the front of the hotel and a couple trees blocking anything. Whatever. No big deal. Also, AC was pretty weak. The last night, I got back from CityWalk and it was really hot in the room. Called front desk and they had an engineer up there in 10 minutes. He fixed the issue, and even brought a fan up to circulate the air. As always, top notch service.
Let's see - None of the fire effects were working in the treasure room on ROTM. Other than that, everything was in fine shape. Couple rides were down at certain times, but nothing to complain about. I have to say, I didn't enjoy being at the parks by myself as much as I hoped I would. Be back for 9 nights in January with the family for some real fun!

Sounds like a nice trip! Love HRH! Glad your AC was fixed quick! They do provide top notch service:thumbsup2\

Time will fly until your January vacation- 9 nights with the family will be great!:cool1:

Thanks for sharing with us!

I do most of my trips solo
My time is my own then

Your next trip will be with others and good thing it is a long one for the parks

You can take your time and have a good time with the family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!