$9 Charge to drive onto Disney resorts???

ZebraStripes

<font color=000099>Trying to find my away through
While surfing around livery websites for ground transporation from MCO to WDW, I saw that one of the sites said something about a $9 charge to enter a Disney property was not included. I don't even remember if this is what it said exactly or what site it was. But does anyone know if Disney charges an entrance fee when you drive? We drove to Fort Wilderness last year and never saw anything about any extra charge.

I believe that they are referring to the MK area resorts.
Contemporary, Poly, GF and WL.
I know that town car services charge extra for these resorts because they have to pay the parking fee to drive through the main entrance gates.
If you are staying in one of these resorts and driving your own vehicle I would assume that they would let you through without having to pay but I have noticed that the town car services and possibly other shuttle services do have to pay the fee.

Have the hotel confirmation handy and show this to them and you won't pay.

We stayed at the Poly. last July. They give you something to put in your windshield with your check in/check out dates. The people at the gates wave you by.

If you are just visiting the resorts, go to the far right lane at the toll plaza and explain that you are just visiting. They won't give you any problems; I was never asked for PS confirmation sheets or anything. You'll have to explain again to the guards at the resort lots, who will give you a (free) temporary pass.

So your could possibly bypass having to pay the parking lot fee if you try to park at one of the MK resorts parking lots? I'll have to remember that one maybe for future trips when I don't stay on site.;)

Badger:
I believe if you try parking at a MK resort and you are not a guest there, the best you can do is a 3-hour parking pass.

Okay - now I'm confused... if I have hotel confirmation, but I'm travelling to my resort via hired towncar... I have to pay the towncar company a fee (to go to my MK resort) even though I wouldn't have to pay were I driving myself? Isn't this a ripoff? Couldn't we (our driver) just show our hotel confirmation at the toll plaza, thus bypassing the toll, therefore bypassing the towncar company's MK fees? Now I feel like I've been ripped off.
-MrsAPalm

When we use a Tiffany TC I give the driver the copy of our reservation confirmation. The driver shows this at the toll plaza and isn't charged when taking use to the resort. Last month our driver had to pay $9 at the toll booth when coming to get us. This cost is passed on to us, which is a rip-off.

Are we sure the towncar services are actually paying the MK parking fee to get to the resorts near the MK? Or are they saying they have to pay and pocketing the difference?

At any rate, the driver should have to pay no more than one nine dollar (seven dollar?) fee per day and they can come and go as they please.

Has anyone been hassled when they just told the toll taker they were going to an MK resort and then proceeded on without paying?

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

The Tiffany TC driver didn't charge us $9 besides the total R/T cost. It is built into the $85 R/T charge. I'm just passing on information that I was told on Dec. 13 of last year.

I orginally asked this for two reasons....one because I saw it mentioned on only one livery website and I need to know what my costs will be up front...and two, because my parents will be staying at ASMu and will be coming to see me at the GF and wanted to drive their car instead of taking the bus. This is the first time I've heard of the $9 charge. When I arrange ground transportation I'll be sure to ask first to clarify.

If your parents are staying at ASMu they should have no problem.
They will get a parking pass from ASMu. With that on their dashboard the parking attendant will just wave them through the gates.
I have driven through many times while I was staying at other on-site resorts and never had a problem.

The way the original poster described it, it almost sounds like they are talking about bus transportation to & from the off-site hotel.

I stayed at an offsite hotel once without a car and there was a charge for transporation to the parks ranging from $9.00 RT to $12.00 RT depending on where you were going.

disnygrl00, thanks for the tip about the parking pass. I was hoping something like this was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter