9 night Greek Isles

Anna Chassereau

DIS Veteran
Anyone want to take a shot at how much a verandah for 2 adults and 1 kid (8) will be for the 9 night Greek Isles? We have 12K give or take to spend (just on the cruise) and I'm wondering if I should just hang this up or what...I feel like this is going to be the longest week waiting to book on Wednesday!

I know there's no way for anyone to know for sure but how much does Disney usually/roughly charge per person per day? And I know it will be more than an average cruise since it's a special itinerary. Just trying to brace myself and prepare myself for this quote I will be getting on Wednesday:headache:

For our 10 day Med cruise last summer; the cost was just under 10K for 2 adults in a Verandah room. The plane fare was the killer; at just over $2600 for 2 adults (direct flights). We could have gotten the airfare cheaper if we went from our home airport to NY and then to Barcelona; but I didn't want to turn flight into a 26+ hours trip each way; since we would leave our home airport between 7 and 8 am; and then sit in NY waiting on the connecting flight until close to 9pm and then arrive in Barcelona at around 11am there time.

Psy

Anyone want to take a shot at how much a verandah for 2 adults and 1 kid (8) will be for the 9 night Greek Isles? We have 12K give or take to spend (just on the cruise) and I'm wondering if I should just hang this up or what...I feel like this is going to be the longest week waiting to book on Wednesday!

I know there's no way for anyone to know for sure but how much does Disney usually/roughly charge per person per day? And I know it will be more than an average cruise since it's a special itinerary. Just trying to brace myself and prepare myself for this quote I will be getting on Wednesday:headache:

I booked the last Greek Isles cruise on opening day (ended up getting changed to a standard Med cruise later due to events in Greece). I believe it was a 10 or 11 night, and for two adults in a verandah it was approximately $13K.

I booked the last Greek Isles cruise on opening day (ended up getting changed to a standard Med cruise later due to events in Greece). I believe it was a 10 or 11 night, and for two adults in a verandah it was approximately $13K.
That’s what my husband just said, he’s predicting $12k/room of 2 people. Sadly that will price our family of 4 out, but the cruise looks amazing!

And since they haven't done Greece in a bit it may be very popular to Platinum and Gold bookers... it's the only one I'm considering though I need to talk to my husband about whether he'd rather do Greece as a land trip.

Holy moly and wasn't this like 6 years ago?? So it will be way more now!! And we're going to have a child added in!

I think I need to set my sights on the 7 night Barcelona to Rome...I think that one may work way better within our budget. I will have to pull my son out of school for his last week but I won't feel too bad about it since it's the very last week and I'm sure they won't be covering anything anyways.

And since they haven't done Greece in a bit it may be very popular to Platinum and Gold bookers... it's the only one I'm considering though I need to talk to my husband about whether he'd rather do Greece as a land trip.

That's what I was thinking too that it may be all booked by platinum and gold before silver even has a chance! Ugh guess we'll see! Longest next few days ever waiting around!! Thankful I'll at least be able to check out some prices hopefully come Monday...thank you so much for organizing the opening day price threads!

Oh my god. That kind of money to me is just crazy

Holy moly and wasn't this like 6 years ago??

I booked it in 2015 for a cruise in summer of 2016. They cancelled the stops on the Greeks Islands later that year and we changed our plans at that point.

Very curious to see what these will be going for!!

Closest comparison I can find is the 10-night Med departing June 29, 2019. Looks like that opened around $15.5 for 2A1C in a category 5C. And that one didn't go to Greece.

The 12-night Med/Greece in 2016 opened around the same, but that was 4 years ago.

According to Touring Plans.

Our 11 night northern European last summer was 8k for 3 in a 10A room (booked opening day as Silver CC). It was the only cruise with this itinerary. It would not surprise me if you can get an interior for 10k, but if it's super popular it may not be. The first one may be cheaper due to some schools not being out that early in June.

You could always try for a secret verandah or secret porthole room to get either a verandah or exterior view at a great discount. But honestly, that cruise is so port intensive, you won't do much other than sleep in your room.

Last edited:
We used to always cruise with a veranda, but have since stopped because we didn’t use it enough. The rooms are tiny and beyond a place to keep our stuff, shower and sleep, we just don’t spend more time in the room than necessary. The quarters are too small to hang out for a family of 5- we just go out and use the ship we have paid for.

That's what I'm thinking too. I wonder how much an Oceanview will be...I'm seriously considering it even though we are solid verandah fans...we've never cruised without a verandah but if it's between not taking this cruise and taking it I will go with an Oceanview.

Our first 4 cruises were concierge and at that time I was firmly in the "I will never not sail concierge" camp. Then, we booked a last minute cruise and all that was available was interior. I took it and went in with an open mind. Turns out, having an interior room didn't diminish our experience one bit. I am now firmly in the "get the cheapest room and cruise more often" camp.

Look, we schlepped our 3 kids through Europe last year- England, Scotland, and Paris- and while it was doable, it was challenging. It was a 20 day trip and only spent about 12k. Land trips can be an amazing way to experience the local culture, but they can be hard. Figuring out your accommodations, transportation (we only rented a car once and took trains everywhere else) and food for every meal can be stressful and be more work to plan.

However, there is something nice about putting your stuff on a ship and not having to worry about it while you go out and explore. Not to mention you are not having to worry about feeding everyone. So, if Disney is out of your price range, you could consider another cruise line. I'm sure that you would still have a great time, even if it is on a different ship. No matter what you decide, any trip to the Greek Isles (land trip, DCL or non-DCL) could never be a bad vacation choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter