9 night Greek Isles

9 night Greek Isles on the Explorer of the Seas June 5-14, 2020 $4840 for 3 people verandah

Great price. I would love to be closer to end of June/into July in order for kids to miss less school, but the Explorer looks like a great ship and there are lots of Greek Isles itineraries to look at. Thx!

Great price. I would love to be closer to end of June/into July in order for kids to miss less school, but the Explorer looks like a great ship and there are lots of Greek Isles itineraries to look at. Thx!

Agree, but as you can tell by my signature I'm a big fan of pulling my kid from school:) Next year for Hawaii he will be in middle school so it will be harder but still manageable. Also, later summer in Greece I would melt!

That's a great point.
My kids are missing 3 weeks of school this year for the EBTA and Med cruise we are doing.... they are currently Grade 4, 2 and Kindy. So I'm not HUGELY concerned about missing school, I just tend to think if I can avoid it, maybe I should...? lol.

Look, we schlepped our 3 kids through Europe last year- England, Scotland, and Paris- and while it was doable, it was challenging. It was a 20 day trip and only spent about 12k. Land trips can be an amazing way to experience the local culture, but they can be hard. Figuring out your accommodations, transportation (we only rented a car once and took trains everywhere else) and food for every meal can be stressful and be more work to plan.

However, there is something nice about putting your stuff on a ship and not having to worry about it while you go out and explore. Not to mention you are not having to worry about feeding everyone. So, if Disney is out of your price range, you could consider another cruise line. I'm sure that you would still have a great time, even if it is on a different ship. No matter what you decide, any trip to the Greek Isles (land trip, DCL or non-DCL) could never be a bad vacation choice.

I completely relate to this post; we have 3 kids as well and at this stage (10 and under) I do not feel like a three week trip through Europe would be at all relaxing. Finding food on any trip is always a huge struggle, as sometimes we get to that 'hangry' stage and it's just untenable with 3 kids. That is why cruising appeals so much to me, including cruising through Europe. one day when it's just me and DH at home, or when our kids are teens and more independent, i look forward to a land based trip.

That's a great point.
My kids are missing 3 weeks of school this year for the EBTA and Med cruise we are doing.... they are currently Grade 4, 2 and Kindy. So I'm not HUGELY concerned about missing school, I just tend to think if I can avoid it, maybe I should...? lol.

Haha, keep missing school for as long as you can! I think my DS has missed 2-3 weeks almost every May for DCL or Europe and his school and teachers have been very supportive. We don't get out of school until middle of June with snow days when we get back he has a few weeks of school left. Your kids are a great age to travel! My son didn't realize until about 3rd grade that not everyone had a passport and traveled.

I completely relate to this post; we have 3 kids as well and at this stage (10 and under) I do not feel like a three week trip through Europe would be at all relaxing. Finding food on any trip is always a huge struggle, as sometimes we get to that 'hangry' stage and it's just untenable with 3 kids. That is why cruising appeals so much to me, including cruising through Europe. one day when it's just me and DH at home, or when our kids are teens and more independent, i look forward to a land based trip.

It was a trip not a vacation for sure, but it was still an amazing experience.

We are spending six weeks in Europe this year on a set of cruises (not all DCL). We booked DCL's 10-N med at the very beginning (without any placeholder) for our family of five. The white wall verandah would have set us back approx $11,400 for two guests (and the inside across $10K for three). We eventually had to cancel it - the dates didn't work out - but I would take these numbers and add $1500-$2000/night on top for the next year's 12-nighter.

RCL's Vision of the Seas follows a very similar itinerary, but I think the best Greek Isles itinerary for the price is NCL's 7-nighter from Venice. You can combine it with a shorter DCL cruise after.

We would LOVE to do this itinerary, but I have a feeling that the rates will be sky high. We are not big RCCL fans (bad experience on Serenade of the Seas), so our choice would be the 14-night on the new Enchanted Princess if DCL is astronomical...

So if we're thinking the 9 nights will be astronomical how much do y'all predict the 12 night will start at? I shudder at the thoughto_O

So if we're thinking the 9 nights will be astronomical how much do y'all predict the 12 night will start at? I shudder at the thoughto_O

Well the 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise this summer started at ~7500 per person for the cheapest verandah (cat 7A) and 10,300 for the most expensive (cat 4A) so with one more night and a year's inflation, I think it will definitely be higher than those numbers.

Well the 11 night Norway/Iceland cruise this summer started at ~8900 per person for the cheapest verandah (cat 7A) and 11,500 for the most expensive (cat 4A) so with one more night and a year's inflation, I think it will definitely be higher than those numbers.

$8,900 per person?? So $17,800 for two people to cruise? If so that is insane:crazy2:

$8,900 per person?? So $17,800 for two people to cruise? If so that is insane:crazy2:

I adjusted my numbers after you quoted me because I realized I was looking at the final price for those categories, after DCL had increased the prices due to demand, and not the initial prices. So, the initial prices would have been $15,00 for 2 people in the cheapest verandah.

I adjusted my numbers after you quoted me because I realized I was looking at the final price for those categories, after DCL had increased the prices due to demand, and not the initial prices. So, the initial prices would have been $15,00 for 2 people in the cheapest verandah.

Yikes. And like you said inflation and a special itinerary will likely make it cost even more!

There is a 10-night Mediterranean from last year around the same time in June its pricing is probably going to be very similar to the 9-night.

June 29th, 2019 - 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona [Barcelona, Naples (Pompeii), Civitavecchia (Rome), Ajaccio (Corsica), Livorno (Florence, Pisa), Genoa (Milan), Villefranche (Monte Carlo, Cannes, Nice), Marseilles, Barcelona]
P T 3A $39,424.29 no ins/trans/grat/air/OBB
P V 3A $25224.20 no ins/trans/grat/air/OBB
P 4A 3A $19,824.20 no ins/trans/grat/air/OBB
P 5A 2A2K (12,9) $16,770 no ins/trans/air yes OBB
P 5B 2A $12,224.80 [5931|5931] 362.80 tax no ins/trans/air/grat yes OBB
G 5B 3A1K (8) $16,292 no ins/trans yes OBB
P 7A 2A2K (9) $12,482.20
S 9C 3A1K (15) $12,905 [4090|4090|2000|2000] no ins/trans/air/OBB
P 10A 2A1K (16) $9,769 no ins/trans/air yes OBB
G 11B 2A1K (11) $9,516.20 (deposit of $1794.40) no ins yes OBB ~cat 11 unavailable at time of call~
G 11B 2A $6,752.80 [3195|3195] 362.80 tax no ins/trans/air yes OBB
G 11B 1A $6,981 no ins/trans/OBB
G 11B 2A1K $9,516.20 no ins/trans/grat/OBB

I did the Greek Isles on a small local line with a girlfriend almost 14 years ago. We had a room with a window but no Verandah but we spent all available port time in the ports. We paid 700pp for 7 days, including one night's hotel in Athens! I would have a hard time paying Disney prices for the Greek Isles and definitely wouldn't bother with the upcharge for a verandah I don't think.

Look, we schlepped our 3 kids through Europe last year- England, Scotland, and Paris- and while it was doable, it was challenging. It was a 20 day trip and only spent about 12k. Land trips can be an amazing way to experience the local culture, but they can be hard. Figuring out your accommodations, transportation (we only rented a car once and took trains everywhere else) and food for every meal can be stressful and be more work to plan.

However, there is something nice about putting your stuff on a ship and not having to worry about it while you go out and explore. Not to mention you are not having to worry about feeding everyone. So, if Disney is out of your price range, you could consider another cruise line. I'm sure that you would still have a great time, even if it is on a different ship. No matter what you decide, any trip to the Greek Isles (land trip, DCL or non-DCL) could never be a bad vacation choice.
I agree with this 150%. I don't have kids, but in 2016 my friends and I did 2 weeks on land through Europe on our own followed by Disney's 12-night UK-Iceland-Norway cruise. The land weeks were EXHAUSTING and the cruise was so much more enjoyable. I already knew that cruising was my preferred mode of vacationing (that was my 7th or 8th cruise), but that trip solidified it. One room. One time to unpack/repack. Not worrying about transportation. It was two totally different experiences, and for me the cruise was hands-down better.

I’ve been waiting for an itinerary like this one but we’ve got a cruise booked with NCL for 2A1K, balcony, unlimited drink packages, and more for 9 nights under 6K. No way I’ll give up that pricing for DCL at likely twice+ that price. Same summer.....we are going end of July 2020. I’ve got a good deal!!

I’ve been waiting for an itinerary like this one but we’ve got a cruise booked with NCL for 2A1K, balcony, unlimited drink packages, and more for 9 nights under 6K. No way I’ll give up that pricing for DCL at likely twice+ that price. Same summer.....we are going end of July 2020. I’ve got a good deal!!
We booked Oasis of the Seas last year. 2A2K balcony from Rome Western , 7 nights. 4400.00 granted we risked the Non refundable deposit, sale rate... we sail June 13th. DCL European prices are crazy. Granted we love DCL, doing the Fantasy in Aug, but we have our limits. my kids are spoiled this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter