A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me! Aug. 30-Sept. 6, 2017! *COMPLETED 10/1/17*

AMusicLifeForMe

DIS Veteran
A “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival For Me!
Aug. 30-Sept. 6, 2017

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to my next trip report! You will be embarking on a very interesting trip for me. That is because I booked this trip 5 days before we leave for Walt Disney World! Talk about a nightmare when it comes to planning especially with how much I like to plan. Another reason is this will be my 3rd trip to Walt Disney World since May. That's a lot of Walt Disney World, but I really like to keep going back!

The main reason for this trip is the annual Food & Wine Festival. However, I don’t drink alcohol. I am of age, but it is just a personal choice for me that I don’t want to drink any alcohol. So, this will be the “Food and Non-Alcoholic Drink” Festival for me! :)

A picture of me getting ready to see the first public performance of the NEW Disneyland Fantasmic! I got a special pass to see it a couple days early at the Parks and Resorts Presentation at the 2017 D23 Expo.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME…

My name is Zach, and I grew up 20 minutes away from the Happiest Place On Earth (Disneyland) before choosing to go to school in Kansas. I still wonder why I left Disneyland for a school in a colder climate?
cid:238067AF-539E-4369-AF36-AF9F0483733F
So, Disneyland is where my love for Disney began at a very young age. We would go to Disneyland about 2 times a week for most of my life.

I really like music (my Disboards name might answer that), and I actually got my degree in Music Education. I play several instruments (saxophone and piano), and I also sing. For this reason, I really like seeing shows more than riding attractions while at the Disney Theme Parks. Even if I like shows more than attractions, I will still find myself going on rides.

Favorite Disney Theme Parks: Disneyland, Disney's Animal Kingdom (WDW).
Favorite Disney Theme Park Show: Festival of the Lion King.
Favorite Disney Parade: Main Street Electrical Parade.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Nighttime Show: Illuminations.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Attractions: Big Thunder Railroad, Expedition Everest, and Flight of Passage.
Favorite Disney Theme Park Entertainment: Voices of Liberty!
Favorite Disney Movies: Lion King, Aladdin, and Toy Story (1, 2, and 3).
Favorite Disney Songs: Anything from the Lion King, A Whole New World (Aladdin), Santa Fe (Newsies - Broadway version), Seize the Day (Newsies), Go the Distance (Hercules), You've Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story), and many more.

MY DISNEY TRIPS THIS SUMMER:

• 2 trips to Walt Disney World (this will be my 3rd)
  • An 11-Night Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise on the Disney Fantasy
  • Two trips to Disneyland
  • First time at the D23 Expo
  • First trip to Aulani
You can say I have had a crazy Disney summer!

PAST TRIP REPORTS:

A picture of my Dad and I at Aulani!

MORE ABOUT THIS TRIP:

Like I mentioned above, the main reason for this trip is the Food & Wine Festival. However, I will still be adventuring to all of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks during this trip, and I will be attending one of the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween parties!

I will be traveling with my Dad, and we will be staying 7 nights at All-Star Music. This will be our first time staying at an All-Star Resort other than All-Star Sports. We got a great deal with an Annual Passholder rate, and we booked this resort since we realized we won’t be around the resort a lot other than to sleep. My Dad is a DVC member, but we did not have enough points left this year to stay in one of the DVC resorts.

I hope you enjoy this adventure that my Dad and I are about to embark on, and I’ll be back soon with updates from this vacation!

Last edited:

Following along! I was hoping to hit F & W in October but instead we will just be at AK. Can't wait to read all about it!

Following along! I was hoping to hit F & W in October but instead we will just be at AK. Can't wait to read all about it!
I can't wait to taste the "Food" at Food & Wine lol. :D I can't remember if they have non-alcoholic special drinks. However, I went to F&W at the end of Sept. last year, and all we had was water since it was the hottest trip to WDW we have ever been on (including summer). I will definitely report back how I feel about each food item that I get.

I can't wait to taste the "Food" at Food & Wine lol. :D I can't remember if they have non-alcoholic special drinks. However, I went to F&W at the end of Sept. last year, and all we had was water since it was the hottest trip to WDW we have ever been on (including summer). I will definitely report back how I feel about each food item that I get.
I know I saw some non-alcoholic drinks on the menu for this year when I was doing some planning. Hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler for you this year!

I know I saw some non-alcoholic drinks on the menu for this year when I was doing some planning. Hopefully the weather will be a bit cooler for you this year!
Do you know where you saw the menus? I keep looking for the them, but I can't find them on Disboards. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Last edited:
Let my trip begin! I'll be back in a little over a week with updates from this vacation. If you want any live updates, feel free to message me, because I don't know if I will be posting live updates on this thread.

It's the first day of the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival!!! I'm so excited to eat some food from all around the world and plenty of non-alcoholic drinks today and throughout the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!