A bachelor party, a wedding, and a birthday - That was an eventful week (Updated 5/6)

I had no idea you started a trip report! I'm so glad I happened to be on the threads and saw it!
I can't wait to read all about your trip and how the wedding went and how being at Disney on your birthday was.

Not excited to hear that you had the beginnings of a possible cold, though. Yuck.

Oh gosh, I-4 and FL drivers is no fun. Smart of you to make the pit stop before reaching Pop. That way you could appreciate your arrival and soak up the joy of being back on property. (Even if it did cost you a 2 dollar Diet Coke. :laughing: )

I had no idea you started a trip report! I'm so glad I happened to be on the threads and saw it!
I can't wait to read all about your trip and how the wedding went and how being at Disney on your birthday was.

Not excited to hear that you had the beginnings of a possible cold, though. Yuck.

Oh gosh, I-4 and FL drivers is no fun. Smart of you to make the pit stop before reaching Pop. That way you could appreciate your arrival and soak up the joy of being back on property. (Even if it did cost you a 2 dollar Diet Coke. :laughing: )
HI!! Thanks for joining in! I just saw your new report. Can't wait to hear about the races.

Yeah - I-4. It's weird how easily you can forget things. I spent 2 years living down there and drove I-4 on a regular basis. But apparently, I pushed that to the back of my brain. But all those memories resurfaced as soon as I got on. And now, I'm figuring out how to drive down again for Thanksgiving. LOL.

Day One - Part One
4 Parks in One Day Bachelor Party

That 5:45am alarm went off very early. I usually don't need an alarm to wake up unless I am exhausted but today it was a good thing I set it. I laid in bed for a few minutes to take stock - how did I feel? The good news was my left ear had opened up over night so I could hear. YAY! Bad news - I was still stuffy and my nose was running and a new symptom emerged...I was nauseous. Ok, not great but this wasn't about me. This was Scotty's bachelor party and all he asked for was a day in the parks with Lindsey and I - trying to do all 4 parks. Pull yourself together girl!

I jumped in the shower and started to get ready for the day. A bit of makeup was needed because I looked...well...not great.

first day selfie.jpg
I knew it would probably melt off my face as we went, but hey - start the day with something, right? Makeup and hair done, I put on my bachelor party shirt and packed my bag for the day. About that time, I got a text from Scotty and Lindsey - did I want a Starbucks? Usually, that would be a resounding YES PLEASE - Venti Iced Chai with sweet cream cold foam. But...I hadn't had a Starbucks since Christmas. I have been on a weightloss journey and I gave it up. And weirdly, the craving for it had completely gone away. So...no thanks. See you in a few.

I sat down to eat a granola bar, drink some Spark, and take my regular pills along with some cold and flu pills. After eating half of the granola bar, I decided that maybe, just maybe, food in my stomach was a bad idea so I wrapped up the 2nd half and just drank my Spark. Scotty and Lindsey got to my room a little before 7am. We quickly bought Genie+, made our first LL, and Scotty worked whatever magic he always works and got us a boarding group for Cosmic Rewind. All of us grabbed a bottle of water and off we went to Scotty's car and Animal Kingdom (or Magic Animals as my friend Rob calls it).

As a quick aside - I love going through the parking booths with Scotty. There is just something special (at least I feel) when he whips out that blue badge and we go right in. I know that many people get parking for free (resort guests, AP holders, etc) but the blue badge makes it special. We got parked quickly and walked to the front gate for early entry. Lindsey was on my room because she was staying with me that night and the nice folx let Scotty in with us. About that time, Stephen texted and asked if he could join us for awhile. Of course!!!

We headed right for FOP - our normal 1st ride at Magic Animals. As we went, I noticed that I was sweating a lot. Ok, Florida humidity is hitting me, normal stuff. But Lindsey wasn't bothered at all. In fact, she had a sweatshirt on because she was cold. Hmm...whatever. We jumped in line for FOP. It wasn't as long as it normally is at early entry. It didn't even go back to the bridge into Africa. Our first sign that crowds were going to be lighter today. We spent our line time chatting like always and we were soon up to the "how many in your party? Are you all ok with stairs?" Yep - cue more jokes about the old lady - but up we went and into the first pre-show room. And, like always, it's right about then that I start to worry about fitting in the ride. I'm a Pooh sized individual (as you can probably tell from the first photo) AND I have really large calves. I say that to Scotty and Lindsey who very politely roll their eyes and we continue through the preshows and into the ride. I get on the bike and the CM activates the restraints. She comes over and gives a little push on the leg restraints on my bike and they click right into place. And, for the first time EVER - she didn't also have to push on the back!! I guess losing that 40 pounds was showing!! The ride was great as always and then we started down the stairs. Scotty and Lindsey both let me know that a) they noticed that the CM didn't have to do the back push and the legs closed pretty easily and b) they hoped I would stop obsessing about fitting on that ride from now on.

It was now time for a quick bathroom break and another bottle of water. Scotty grabbed waters while Lindsey and I used the restroom. When we came out, Stephen had joined us and we walked up to the safari for our first LL. Another sign of lower crowds, it was probably about 9am at this point and the line for the safari was not super long. We had a great Safari CM!! Entertaining and very informative. I vowed to take pictures this time (because I usually don't) but failed after the first one.
safari.jpg

Right after this, a bird (one of the cranes I think) decided to just park himself in front of the truck. So of course, we sat there and waited. The CM kept us entertained by giving us a play by play and talking to the bird. "No, no, take your time and clean your feathers. We aren't in a rush. Oh wait, he's moving. Nope, he heard me. OK and there he goes." And we continued on. As we got to the savannah, I was sad because there weren't ANY giraffes around. Where the heck were they?? As we moved up closer to where the monkeys are...we see 1 lone giraffe just coming out of backstage. He starts heading out and then sees us in the truck. He looks around and realizes he is all alone and immediately turns around and starts heading back. Just then a 2nd giraffe comes out and the first one was like "Oh, there you are. Didn't want to be by myself. Guess I'll stay out now." and they both proceeded to start to move out to the savannah.

The rest of the safari was great. All the animals were out...including the lions. And then we got up to one of the rhino spots. There were a few adults and what looked like 1 young rhino out. The young one was literally jumping around and running all over like he had the zoomies. The adult by him was CLEARLY not amused by the antics. The young one turned and just started running toward the truck. Our guide was like "Umm, is he running AT us? He's going to stop, right?" And just then, the adult cut in front of the young one and gave him that parent look like "Knock it off right now. We have company." And the young one turned back around and went to have a snack.

Safari complete, we headed out for our next LL - Everest. Scotty is also the best at getting the next LL as soon as we tap in. I always forget. There was almost no line at Everest and I think the standby was even listed at about 15 minutes.

everest.jpg

And with that, it was time to head out of the park and move to Epcot. As we were walking over the bridge toward Dino Land and then the front, we saw 2 of the character boats coming. Stephen actually works in characters AT Animal Kingdom so he wanted to stop and wave because he knew everyone.
Rafiki and Timon.jpgPluto and Goofy.jpg

Back at the front, we stopped for some photopass pictures at the Tree of Life. As we were waiting our turn, the CM at the front of the line congratulated Scotty on his upcoming wedding. Then turned to Lindsey and said "You must be the bride." And then looked at me and said "And you must be the mom." Scotty, Stephen, and Lindsey almost fell over they were laughing so hard. We quickly cleared up the confusion "Nope. Those are the 2 grooms and we are in the wedding party (thus the Groom squad shirts.)"
bachelor party 2.jpgbachelor party 1.jpg
(Please forgive the photopass water mark on the photos. Scotty hasn't had a chance to download and send us the pictures and he is currently on The Dream for his honeymoon...sailing to Europe with a few days in Disney Paris before they fly back.)

We bought another bottle of water and headed out to the cars to move them to Epcot.

Up next...Do I finally get my first ride on Cosmic Rewind?

Last edited:
Oh boy, not sure I like the foreshadowing here! Hopefully you were able to make it through the day. For what it’s worth you don’t look sick!

Your shirts are really cute. Also congrats on your weight loss. Forty pounds is a big accomplishment!

I sat down to eat a granola bar, drink some Spark, and take my regular pills along with some cold and flu pills. After eating half of the granola bar, I decided that maybe, just maybe, food in my stomach was a bad idea so I wrapped up the 2nd half and just drank my Spark. Scotty and Lindsey got to my room a little before 7am. We quickly bought Genie+, made our first LL, and Scotty worked whatever magic he always works and got us a boarding group for Cosmic Rewind. All of us grabbed a bottle of water and off we went to Scotty's car and Animal Kingdom (or Magic Animals as my friend Rob calls it).
Magic Animals is the best name ever!
The rest of the safari was great. All the animals were out...including the lions. And then we got up to one of the rhino spots. There were a few adults and what looked like 1 young rhino out. The young one was literally jumping around and running all over like he had the zoomies. The adult by him was CLEARLY not amused by the antics. The young one turned and just started running toward the truck. Our guide was like "Umm, is he running AT us? He's going to stop, right?" And just then, the adult cut in front of the young one and gave him that parent look like "Knock it off right now. We have company." And the young one turned back around and went to have a snack.
So cute!! I had rhinos putting on quite a show on my last safari. Three boys were showing off and trying to prove who was the boss.

Your shirts are really cute. Also congrats on your weight loss. Forty pounds is a big accomplishment!
Thanks on the shirts. It's amazing what you can find when you Google "Disney Bachelor party t-shirts" and Etsy is the best! Also double thanks on the congrats. Forty pounds is just a drop in the bucket though. In 2011, I did gastric bypass and lost about 150 pounds. Covid was not kind and I gained about 75 pounds back. So, back on track and starting over. For me, it's about health and being able to move around. As a professional stage manager, I have to be able to get up and down, move scenery and props, and climb lots an lots of stairs.
Magic Animals is the best name ever!
That name is the best. It came about on a trip with my friend Rob. We were talking about what we were doing the next day and he said "Let's start the day at...umm...what's the name of that park? Magic Animals??" and I was like "WHAT??? Do you mean Animal Kingdom?" But of course, it stuck and that's what I call it all the time now. Hmm...looking back, I wonder if that conversation came about as a result of Rob consuming a foot long chili dog, a turkey leg, 3 large diet beers, and some cotton candy while we waited for Fantasmic? Or, honestly, it could just be that we are a little insane when we are together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter