A birthday, an anniversary and a graduation, June 21-26 trip report

r1lissa

Mouseketeer
It's been 12 years since my last trip to Disney World. In 2009, it was me, DH, 10 yo son and 9 yo daughter.
This trip was me, DH (24th wedding celebration), 22 yo daughter (2021 college graduate) and 9 yo daughter (May 26th birthday). This was first trip for DD9.

Day 1- Monday, 6/21/21, up VERY early at 3AM for 7AM flight from DallasFW. Arrived in Orlando a bit after 9AM. Flight was on Spirit- no problems. Easily collected our luggage and checked in for Magical Express. Our wait was no more than 10 mins from getting in line to getting on the bus. Masks are required while on Disney transportation.

We stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort. It was around 11:30 AM when we got to the resort, and our room was not ready yet. Left the luggage with bell services at the front, and went inside to check out the resort. The gift shop was open. The Centertown Market was open, but only for mobile ordering. DH and I had the Cuban sandwhiches (hard bread and meat looked gross) with fries (really good). DD22 had the Jerk Chicken bowl (looked like prison food) an DD9 had the macaroni kids meal. First impression of the food was not good. We ate in the food court; everything was nice and clean. We then looked around the main Old Port Royale area for a little bit. Kids and DH played some ping pong outside the main pool area.

Headed to Magic Kingdom around 2PM. The wait for the bus was about 15 mins. There was a princess cavalcade happening just as we walked into MK. We were super tired, so we only went on Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Carribean and Peter Pans Flight before heading out. We tried to get on Haunted Mansion, but it shut down just as we got in line. Went into a few shops and saw a few more characters- standing on balconies and such. The wait for a bus back to CBR was much longer going back.

Room was ready when we got back to the resort- Trinidad building number 36, pirate them room. We collected our luggage and trekked back to the room. This resort is very spread out and requires a lot of walking if you don't like waiting on the interior bus system. The room was very nice with two double beds shaped like pirate ships. Dressers are shaped like shipping crates, nightstand is a "barrel" and so is the mini fridge. The bathroom has a curtain that can be pulled to separate the sink area from those that are sleeping.

We had a terrible experience trying to have food delivered from a local pizza/pasta restaurant (Giordanos). We ordered at 6:15PM with a promised delivery time of 60-80 minutes. At 7:20, we checked on food, and they said it was be there in an hour; they were waiting on another delivery driver. At 8:30, still no food and now they aren't answering their phone at all. I miraculously reached someone through FB Messenger, and they said they would get "get on it" right away. What?? As in, you haven't actually made my food yet?? Needless to say, we never received any food from them, yet they charged our card immediately ($89). Since then, we've called and messaged numerous times, all with a promise to refund our money, but no refund has been sent. I have now disputed this with my credit card company. So, at 9:30PM, I was finally able to feed my very hungry family with a delicious pizza from the Centertown Market. It was $39 for a large pizza, breadsticks and small salad.
To be continued...

Day 2- Tuesday, June 22, and we had reservations for Epcot, which was opening at 11AM that day. We used the SkyLiner to get there and there was no line around 12:30PM. We loved the SkyLiner and the Joffreys tea/coffee booth that is at the entrance. Joffreys has a chocolate muffin that's basically just delicious cake- YUM.

Arriving at Epcot, we spotted Mary Poppins outside the Twinnings Tea shop in England. We then went into the convention center for treats at some of the Flower and Garden Festival booths. There were so many beautiful topiaries of the Disney characters all over Epcot We rode the Figment ride, Soarin (hour wait), Living with the Land, then had a late lunch at Sunshine Seasons. All of the adult food was very good- mixed greens salad with chicken/cranberries/almonds/quinoa, pulled pork sandwhich and stir-fry chicken.

Then on to the Nemo ride, the aquariums, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space. Turtle Talk with Crush was not open at all, and Test Track closed down due to very hard rain. There was some construction going on around Spaceship Earth, which interferes with the ability to get some pics.

Went on to ride Frozen Ever After (90 min wait). We stayed at the park until about 10PM and ate our way around the world, getting treats and drinks from the various festival booths. The SkyLiner had closed earlier due to the rain but was back running by the time we decided to leave. Again, there was no wait to get on the SkyLiner.

When we got back to the resort, the pools were closed because of the rain/lightning, but the lifeguards were doing pin trading, which we really like. We did notice that not very many guests were wearing pin lanyards.
To be continued...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter