A Boardwalk lover stayed at OKW for the first time and.......

Happy Birthday Cat

<font color=teal>Wonders if the <font color=deeppi
loved it.

For along time I joked about the Old Key West Retirement Community not being for me. I was wrong. We stayed there for two nights earlier this week and loved it. Great two bedroom, a great location that made it easy to get to other places and a great resort area. My kids even enjoyed it and all six of us agreed that we would not hesitate to go back.

Now I fully understand why Rich made fun of the size of the BWV kitchen/living room area compared to the one at OKW.

The only thing I didn't like was being so close to the golf course and having to watch others playing instead of being out there myself. With only two days, there just wasn't enough time for golf. I guess we'll have to go back.

HBC

Thanks for the review - we're staying a night there in October and I'm kind of hestitant although I'm sure we'll love it once we get there - its' just that we LOVE Boardwalk & being able to walk to Epcot. However, we just booked our air, and had to add a night at the end of our trip, BWV was booked so we figured we'd try OKW! Now I'm looking forward to it a little more!! :)

We own at BWV and love it there, but really enjoy the relaxful atmosphere of OKW the two times we have stayed there. :)

Yeah, it's actually second best. Which I have never allowed until now.
My Boardwalk, well, it's mine, and it's perfect. Long hallways and housekeeping complaints and the ability to grab a beer from the fridge while sitting on the balcony were artfully (masterfully) exaggerated.
If it can't be my Boardwalk, I will go to OKW without complaining too loudly.
But that is where I draw the line.... BWV with a OKW back up.

Until maybe the Contemporary, for a night or two, max. Then back to my BWV with a OKW backup. Or maybe AKV just once? Man, these new resorts are getting tempting, right? If not to own, just to try?

For along time I joked about the Old Key West Retirement Community not being for me.

Ahhh, HBC....I remember some of those quite colorful, heated and passionate threads ! :rotfl:

I am really glad u enjoyed your stay at OKW. It's so nice that all the DVC resorts have something unique and distinctive to offer guests. It is nice to be able to "change it up" a bit at times. I love the flexibility of experiencing different DVC resorts even though my "home" is OKW.

Thanks for the report :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter