"A Concert for Hurricane Relief" on NBC, Sep. 2nd

Free4Life11

DIS Veteran
‘Concert for Hurricane Relief’ to air Sept. 2
Tim McGraw, Wynton Marsalis, others to perform

Artists with ties to America's Gulf Coast will participate in a live benefit special, "A Concert for Hurricane Relief," to air on Sept. 2 on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC.

(MSNBC is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC.)

Musicians appearing will include Tim McGraw, Harry Connick Jr., and Wynton Marsalis. Non-musical artists, including actor Leonardo DiCaprio and others, will also participate. The hour-long music-driven special will air at 8 p.m. ET live on the East Coast, tape-delayed on the West.

"Today" show host Matt Lauer will host the telethon portion of the programming from NBC's studios in New York. All viewers will be encouraged to donate to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund in support of hurricane relief through its Web site and donation hotline (www.redcross.org or 1-800-HELP NOW).

The fund helps the Red Cross provide shelter, food, counseling and other assistance to those suffering from the hurricane and other disasters.

A spokesman for NBC says "The humanitarian needs from this catastrophic hurricane are immense and will continue to emerge over the next weeks, months and even years.

Further details will be announced shortly.

I am surprised how fast they are pulling this together. Good for them!

Its amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. They will need to do more but this is a good start.

Good for them. It's seems some people in the entertainment community are always there to help when needed.

I've been trying to access the red cross web site for a few hours and i can't. It must be very busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter