A confused CM?? dining plan stretch....

Thinktinknpixiedust

DIS Veteran
When I was switching over some ressies with the free dining plan the CM kind of took me off guard when he said that the dining plan was like the tickets in that they expired 14 days after initial use... For clarification we have the dining plan for the 13th to the 23rd of August, however, we aren't checking out until the 25th... so that techically leaves us with a day and half without dining plan. no biggie, but if it's true that they don't expire for 14 days then if we shared just one mean we would be able to eat for "free" on one of those other 2 days.

I hope that I am not confusing everyone, but I remeber last summer having until midnight on such and such to use it by, and that just so happened to be the same day that we were leaving (last year was 9 night's 10 days), this year we are staying longer... so what do you think? was the CM uniformed or can we stretch our plan out a little longer....??? :confused3

Out of curiosity how were you able to purchase the plan for less nights than the length of your stay? My understanding was that you had to purchase the plan for the length of stay.

Pedler said:
Out of curiosity how were you able to purchase the plan for less nights than the length of your stay? My understanding was that you had to purchase the plan for the length of stay.

Packages, including dining, are limited to 10 nights. The poster must have a room only reservation for the remaining nights.

If he had two reservations wouldn't it end on midnight of the first reservation check out date? :confused3

Yes, if they have a room only for the last 2 nights, then the DP would end at midnight on the last night of the PACKAGE, which would be the 23rd.

We are checking in POR on the 12th and then "checking out and then checking in" on the 13th with package, then "checking out and then in again on the 23rd with a room only till the 25th... Unless we bought another package with a one day base ticket we could not use the free dining plan on the last two nights (at 300.00 we can buy our own food) also could not use free dining on first nights stay because it was before the 13th...

Thanks for reassuring me that I was right... it didn't sound right when he said that and honestly I thought maybe I hadn't heard him right... oh well. No complaining here. Really.... free dining for 10 days!! whooo hoooo :banana: I can pay for a couple myself!!

Mystery solved. Yes the 10 day restriction was the first thing I thought of too. Your dining plan ends on your last day of your 2nd reservation. So the dining plan ends on the 23rd. Since you have a new reservation for the 23rd and 24th, you have no dining options on those days. (Actually, you still have some dining options on the 23rd. Just make sure the CM knows that you still have credits left when you recheck in.) The CM told us last time that when they close your file, you dining options expire. Since you are checking back in, this might be a problem. The CM said that they get calls to the resort alot on people's last day, checking to see if they had been a guest. So remind them when you do your rechecking in for the 23rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter