A couple questions about OKW!!

pixiedust4five

Mouseketeer
Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am so excited :Pinkbounc As of last night we are renting points and staying at Old Key West :Pinkbounc This will be our first stay at this resort. We have always stayed at Port Orleans (for the past 10 visits) and love this resort :flower: I found a great DVC'er and a great price for the Studio :Pinkbounc I need to let her know our request by this evening a was hoping you all keep help with a couple questions I forgot to ask her last night (after speaking with her for over an hour ):earseek: :rotfl:
What is the best room location? We think near the hospitality house but have read this can be a noisy location. When staying at PO we have always stayed in Oak Manor. If someone is familiar with both resorts, maybe if you could give me comparison in distances from buildings at OKW. We are going to be requesting smoking and 3rd floor and near elevator. I know these are only request, especially the elevator. Any advice would be appreciated ;) We always enjoy the food court at PO for breakfast and late night dinner or desserts. We have 3 daughters, the middle DD18 is very picky and only eats chicken fingers and pasta, question is, on the menu they do not offer either one at Goods to Go? One other question, for now, where do you buy and refill mugs?
If this seems to be a ramble, I apolize :rotfl: I was so excited last night did not get to bed until 4am :Pinkbounc I made a homemade chocolate cake at 11pm and was frosting it at 2am :rotfl:
Well, got to get the pumpkin pie in the oven, thanks in advance for any advice and answers to my questions :flower:

I can tell you that only a few buildings have an elevator. Chances are you will be walking up and down the stairs if you request a 3rd floor room. I've never requested a specific building. You might repost this thread or ask for it to be moved to the DVC planning forum. You'll find many OKW owners there who are very familiar with buildings numbers and whether you get a golf course, water or parking lot view.
At Goods To Go, you may also order off the Olivia's menu. We've done this before and it worked out ok for us. Check their menu for what they offer.

Only Bldg 62, 63 and 64 have elevators. I don't think any of these are smoking buildings. So if an elevator is most important, ask for one of these buildiings. If smoking is more important, ask for a smoking optional building.

Most of the studios are on the ends of the buildings and are connected to a one bedroom. I don't think there are any dedicated studios.

Refillable mugs aren't the best deal at OKW. Since you have a refrigerator in your villa (your's will be an undercounter refrigerator), most people stock that up with beverages. Goods to Go doesn't have the same selections as the food courts at PO. Much smaller location (only a single walk up window) and you eat on the picnic tables outside.

We usually ask for a water view.

I'm a smoker myself and stayed in a 1-bedroom in building 19 last trip. I thought it was a wonderful location to be in, I'm normally a Turtle Pond (30's) girl but enjoyed that building VERY much.. It was within easy walking distance of the hospitality house, a bus stop was across the street, and the pool right behind me. It wasn't noisy at all to me, the only thing I could think of that could disturb you would be the bus stop across the street maybe but it really didn't bother me. Being that I'm a picky eater myself, I think you're daughter will be ok with the food there. Pasta and chicken are big parts of my diet and I always enjoy OKW. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter