A Dream Come True- PTR

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Hello!

We booked our first trip to DLP today, having been home from WDW for just two weeks! DH really caught the Disney bug this time, and has been talking about a DLP trip in the near future (he's not joining me for WDW next year). Low and behold, yesterday he found a good looking package (coach/hotel and breakfast/park tickets) with dates we could manage (I work in a school)... we're going for New Year's Eve!

I've wanted to do a Disney park at Christmas for a long time, but never thought it would be possible. New Year seems like a perfect compromise for us: cheaper trip, but the parks will still be full of Christmas! Hooray! We never normally do much for New Year, so it's a nice change from tradition!

I'd love to give a few more details, but we don't have details of the hotel (I know, but we're just sleeping there!), we'll have two days at the parks with park hoppers and are generally just very excited about the whole thing... plus I get to wear my Olaf Christmas jumper! YAY! :)

Just gotta learn the ropes for DLP now, as a WDW girl normally!

Thanks for reading!

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned and can't think of a better reason to go - wearing your Olaf jumper :rotfl:

Yay!!! pleased you've booked. Does it say if it's an onsite or offsite hotel - I know it's just for sleeping, but it will impact on your planning whether or not you get EMH's. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

Yay!!! pleased you've booked. Does it say if it's an onsite or offsite hotel - I know it's just for sleeping, but it will impact on your planning whether or not you get EMH's. I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!

Pretty certain we're offsite! We'll be prioritising things we can't do at WDW, and other than Donald, probably won't worry about any character meets unless we see some really short lines! Definitely got to do some seriously research on touring plans and using FP well. When I told hubby we had to go to different kiosks to get them, and just get the next time offered, he asked if DLP is in the stone age!! ;) As a tech guy, he loves FP+!

when I told hubby we had to go to different kiosks to get them, and just get the next time offered, he asked if DLP is in the stone age!! ;) As a tech guy, he loves FP+!
Ha ha :rotfl2:It takes a bit of getting used to! There is also single rider lines which can be helpful.
Rides that are different are Ratatouille, Crush's Coaster and Toy Story Playland in the Studios. Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Pinnochio, Snow White, The Story boats and Casey Junior in the Disneyland park. BTM, Pirates and Phantom Manor are different versions and a bit better IMO
There will also be the parade, Christmas parades and shows and of course Disney Dreams!!!

DH is already talking about going back and we haven't been once yet. He's been pricing up different options for traveling etc.

I thibk we will have 2 day, 2 park tickets (or at least two separate one day, 2 park tickets) and if I'm understanding correctly, we can upgrade those to annual passes whilst we're there for the price difference. That could be a fun development! :)

9 days to go- I should be doing my single digit dance, but today I'm just very sad. We lost our beloved Poppet yesterday (our rescue budgie we took in earlier this year). He's been sick for a while, and I was very worried about leaving him for our DLP trip, so that worry has gone, but I'm just so sad. He was a very special little boy, and I miss him terribly.

I'm sure the trip will help, but it's hard right now.

Oh dear that is sad. Hope you have a peaceful Christmas and enjoy DLP when you get there.

Sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you manage to enjoy your trip :hug:

DLP definitely was much needed break. We had a wonderful time, even in the freezing cold, and enjoyed ourselves immensly. Crowds were reasonable throughout, so we got loads done! :) Will post a short trip report soon, but thanks for the kind wishes on losing our baby bird.

ooh sounds lovely! I've been looking at photos online at the winter wonderland - a stark contrast to DisneyWorld. Pleased you enjoyed it!

ooh sounds lovely! I've been looking at photos online at the winter wonderland - a stark contrast to DisneyWorld. Pleased you enjoyed it!

We went to Winter Wonderland on the day it opened in November. So expensive (we spent a small fortune just on rides) and so crowded!

Sounds good (sort of)! But I meant a very frosty DLP - haha!!

That was incredible! We rode Indiana Jones and the view across all the frozen trees was amazing! It was really atmospheric around Phantom Manor too, with the overcast sky and the heavy frost everywhere! So stunning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!