A Dream is a Wish...A July 2020 PTR

aggieamp

The Rebel Spy
Howdy folks! This will be my first pre-trip report, so go easy on me as I figure out how to do this right. I decided to create this report, mainly to pass the time during this social distancing period, but also to ease my stress about the possibility that this trip may not get to happen. It's fun to dream about, talk about, and plan a trip anytime, but this trip REALLY needs to happen for a variety of reasons. I know the past month has been really difficult for everyone and for Disney fanatics like we all are, we are just hoping to get away to our happy place soon. The uncertainty of when that will happen can really affect my mood.

But, I am choosing to feel positive about this trip, because planning is half the fun anyway. And the past month has given me plenty of time to plan! So, before I get too far along, let me introduce the "who" for this particular trip, which will be the first adults-only trip for my husband and me together (though I've been on 2 adults-only trips with my Disney-addicted MIL).
35963613_10113242392106944_4407043295063048192_n.jpg

I'm Alison. I've worked in education (both higher education and primary) for 11 years. Currently, I'm a Kindergarten teacher at the private Prek-12th school where I grew up, which allows me summers off and to go to school with my kids every day (except during a global pandemic, obviously). I've been married to my husband, Zeb, for almost 12 years. We have two kids - DS is 10 (in 2 weeks) and DD is 7. We live on an 85-acre "kind-of farm" with 9 cows, 8 hens, 24 brand-new chicks, and our 3 year-old German Shepherd, Luna.
90553969_10117341742795304_539116720334307328_n.jpg
71385590_10116007967012664_3316944509023027200_o.jpg
65730878_10115417668700214_3064102176604291072_o.jpg

I am, by nature, a planner. It is a top strength of mine; I'm obsessed with planning, whether lessons, vacations, or other people's futures (ha!), I really like figuring out the logistics of things. So, needless to say, I have planned many Disney vacations in the past, but this will be only my 4th WDW trip (I also went to DLR with my MIL last June). Despite being Disney-obsessed since childhood, I grew up with parents who didn't have the same desire to go to Disney World, so I did not get to experience it myself until 2016, as an almost 30 year-old.

My husband, Zeb, basically lets me do all of the planning and he works hard to pay for my addiction. He works as a contractor for the DoD and has stayed very busy over the past month, because, despite most things being shut down, the military never rests. For those reasons, I probably won't share many pictures of him on here (tbh, he doesn't like to be in many pictures anyway). I am thankful that his employment is secured, but it means we haven't had lots of time together since the beginning of March. For me, managing to "home school" my two kids while doing distance-learning for 20 Kinder students has left me ready for a getaway ASAP!

OK, so enough introductions...I have a habit of being too wordy...Let's get to the good stuff!
:tinker:**********************************************************************************

*When: July 6-11
*Where: 3 nights at Pop Century, preferred room, 2 nights at Beach Club Villas Deluxe Studio

In previous family trips we have stayed at AoA Cars Suite, POFQ, and POR-Royal Room. On a WDW trip with just my MIL and me, we stayed at the Yacht Club. But Zeb has never experienced the "Deluxe" accommodations at Disney, so I'm really looking forward to showing him how fun Disney can be with just adults. He keeps insisting that I book more nights at BCV instead of PC, but I'm trying to be somewhat reasonable with our budget, unless he gets a bonus between now and then!:scratchin

:thanks: Thank you for letting me join in the Trip Report forum; I've been a long time reader of many of your trip reports. I only hope I can make mine as interesting and entertaining as all of yours have been. In my next post, I'll share my day-by-day plans (at least the ones I've got sorted out).

I guess I'm too new here to post pictures. Does anyone know if I'll be able to add pictures later? And what criteria do I have to meet to be able to post images?

Yay! I figured it out!

*************************************************************************************

...No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish

will come true...

Last edited:
Hi there, joining in since you joined in on mine! We will plan our July trips together :goodvibes Your DH will be amazed when you move over to the BVC from Pop!

Hmm, as to posting pictures. It's been a long time since I started but maybe you need at least 10 posts? That was a minimum for something when I joined in 2012 lol. There's a forum near the bottom of the list for tech stuff and questions on posting that may help if nobody else comes along with the answer :thumbsup2

Our July trip is a reschedule of a trip we were supposed to take over Spring Break at the beginning of March. We actually cancelled it before the virus concerns because of the rough start to 2020 that we had. From the first week in January we had something major break every week - from car, to refrigerator, to phone, to garage door - we spent the first two months of the year repairing and replacing. So we decided our Spring Break getaway just wasn't meant to be. In the end, I think it worked out for the best. We would have been at WDW before all of the closures, but I am glad I had that week of rest before I had to adjust to distance learning and doing school at home with my kids.

**********************************************************************************

Here is our July plans that I've made so far:

Monday, July 6th

• Arrive at MCO at 9:45am and take ME to Pop Century.
  • If our room is not ready, we'll leave our bags with Bell Services and head to Disney Springs.
  • We have a 12:30 reservation at Homecomin'. It is one of my favorites on Disney property; I'm a fried chicken connoisseur. 🤤
  • Then back to PC for a rest before Villains After Hours.
  • Arrive at MK at 7:00 for some pre-party FP rides. Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder are my favorites.
  • Watch HEA and cry, like always.
  • Party with the villains until 1:00am.
:maleficen
Tuesday, July 7th

• Take bus to AK. We may try to rope drop, but I have to remind myself that we can be more relaxed on this trip and don't have to rush everything.
  • Afternoon rest back at PC.
  • Back to AK for nighttime safari and maybe watch RoL, which I still have not seen.
:simba:
Wednesday, July 8th
  • Up early to rope drop HS at 9:00.
  • Crossing fingers to get an early boarding group for RotR. I should mention here that I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd. I go to all of the opening night premieres, my classroom is Star Wars-themed, and I have read most of the Disney-era Star Wars novels. So RotR is going to be a bucket-list item for me.
  • Hoping to FP MMRR, ToT (my favorite) and RnR.
  • We plan to spend lots of time on Batuu. I went to Batuu-West with my MIL last June, but Zeb has not seen any of it yet and has kept himself mostly spoiler free.
  • Stand-by line for Smuggler's Run because I don't mind waiting for this ride. We'll probably play on the Datapad app to pass the time.
  • May spend some time Toy Story Land or save it for another day. We were last at WDW the week before the land opened in 2018, so we haven't explored it yet.
  • Oga's Cantina reservation at 7:15.
:chewy:
Thursday, July 9th

• Check out of PC early and leave bags for transfer to BCV.
  • Take Skyliner to Epcot.
  • Grab breakfast at Les Halles.
  • Morning rides in Future World - Soarin', Test Track, SSE (if it hasn't been closed for refurb yet).
  • Eat/drink around World Showcase. Zeb really wants to try some German food and I need a margarita from La Cava.
  • Walk to BC for 3:15 reservation at Beaches & Cream.
  • Check into our BCV room.
  • Afternoon rest/pool time at Stormalong Bay.
  • Maybe enjoy an evening on the Boardwalk, or back to Epcot.
:figment:
Friday, July 10th

• Skyliner or walk to HS.
  • Toy Story Land/Batuu
  • Afternoon at MK
  • Back to BCV for freshening up for dinner.
  • Skyliner to Riviera Resort.
  • Dinner reservation at Toploino's Terrace at 7:50.
:earsboy::earsgirl:
Saturday, July 11th
  • I'm leaving most of this day open to anything we haven't done that we want to do. Our flight isn't until 9:10pm, so we'll have most of the day to be in the parks.

I'm looking for meal suggestions or ideas for fun "adults-only" things. We really liked going to Trader Sam's on a date night on our last WDW trip, so something along those lines.

What's your favorite Disney meal?
What are "must-dos" when you visit WDW?

*************************************************************************************

the dream that you wish
will come true...

Last edited:

Following along. Looking forward to reading more.
Have you considered a tour ? Dessert party ?
You have so many great restaurant options on EPCOT resort area. I rarely eat at signature restaurants but Flying Fish , Shula’s Il Mulino get rave reviews.

Our July trip is a reschedule of a trip we were supposed to take over Spring Break at the beginning of March. We actually cancelled it before the virus concerns because of the rough start to 2020 that we had.
Ugh sorry about the rough start to 2020- and now it's not much better! But we'll both get our July trips in and all will be well :goodvibes
Here is our July plans that I've made so far:

Monday, July 6th
I'm thinking we'll end up doing the Villains AH this night also. I've done two MK AH and 2 HS AH and the MK ones are incredible! I know the villains ones were reportedly more crowded last year than the regular AH but they have more scheduled this year so hoping it's still as good as the regular ones, where every ride is a walk on after like the first 30-45 minutes.
I should mention here that I am a HUGE Star Wars nerd. I go to all of the opening night premieres, my classroom is Star Wars-themed, and I have read most of the Disney-era Star Wars novels. So RotR is going to be a bucket-list item for me.
LOL as a non SW fan I still understand you wanting to get on! I've been to SWGE 3 or 4x now but haven't ridden ROTR, but we'll be trying in July since the boys will be with us.
Thursday, July 9th
As of now we check out the 9th, but depending on if our May or June trips happen we may extend a couple more days!
I'm looking for meal suggestions or ideas for fun "adults-only" things. We really liked going to Trader Sam's on a date night on our last WDW trip, so something along those lines.
OK DH and I do more adult only trips the last few years than trips with our boys so I have a few suggestions. Definitely a tour as @DLo said! There are some shorter ones like the Caring for Giants or Up Close with Rhinos at AK; both are about an hour and under $50 per person. I did the Rhino tour with friends and have it booked again for July 4th because it's awesome and I want the rest of the family to do it! DH and I have done KTTK and Marceline to the Magic Kingdom at MK and UndisCovered Futureword & Destinations Discovered in Epcot. Loved them all! I think Marceline was the shortest at 3 or 3.5 hours? And in July with it being hot you may want a short one. We haven't done Wild Africa Trek yet at AK but I'm dying to! It's more expensive, but you can do it in the early AM so may not be as bad with the heat.

We also love our signature dinners! While you don't HAVE to dress up we like to; it makes it more special and "different". Check menus but our favorites are Citricos, Narcoossees, Flying Fish and Tiffins as well as Jiko. Finally, another thing we haven't done but keep meaning to, is take an Amphicar ride in Disney Springs!

Well, I changed our flight from July 11 to July 12 and added an extra night at Beach Club. So glad to hold on to the Disney magic another day!

Thank you for your suggestions about activities, meals, etc. We have done the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party on every trip, and while it's worth it to have a good fireworks view, I think we'll skip it this time. Hopefully HEA will continue as normal and we'll be able to find a good viewing spot.

I love the idea of doing a tour. DH is really interested in taking our time in the parks to enjoy all of the little details and the history behind everything, so I'm trying to figure out which tour might be best. I'm considering Marceline to the Magic Kingdom; it's been on my radar for awhile.

the dream that you wish
will come true...

Last edited:

Yay for an extra night! I think the Marceline tour is a great option and if for any reason DH says he doesn't want one that lone (it's really not long but something my husband would say lol) then go for one of the hour long animal ones at AK or even Behind the Seeds at Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!