A few DAS questions

miblue

Mouseketeer
My 3rd child who is 3 has a chromosome deletion and we will be getting a DAS pass for her. My question is, our first day is at MK and we plan to do the rope drop (or attempt to, let's hope they all cooperate... ha!) Since that is now inside the park, is it possible to get the DAS pass while we're waiting for the show to start?

Also, will we need to get a pass at every single park or will the one from MK the first day last the week? I think I read the MK one is under the train station but where might the others ones be located in other parks if we need to do it every day?

And I know I read to not bring a diagnosis letter as those can't be used but do I need to do anything else to show her disability? I don't want to seem like a freeloader to the Disney employees! Oh and we'll be using her stroller as a wheelchair in the park, I'm assuming they give us that pass there too, does that pass last all week or do I need to get a new one every day?

Sorry for the many questions! We've never taken her to Disney yet so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

My 3rd child who is 3 has a chromosome deletion and we will be getting a DAS pass for her. My question is, our first day is at MK and we plan to do the rope drop (or attempt to, let's hope they all cooperate... ha!) Since that is now inside the park, is it possible to get the DAS pass while we're waiting for the show to start?

Also, will we need to get a pass at every single park or will the one from MK the first day last the week? I think I read the MK one is under the train station but where might the others ones be located in other parks if we need to do it every day?

And I know I read to not bring a diagnosis letter as those can't be used but do I need to do anything else to show her disability? I don't want to seem like a freeloader to the Disney employees! Oh and we'll be using her stroller as a wheelchair in the park, I'm assuming they give us that pass there too, does that pass last all week or do I need to get a new one every day?

Sorry for the many questions! We've never taken her to Disney yet so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

Yes, it is possible to get the DAS before the opening show in the MK. Guest Relations is in the City Hall building, to the left after you go under the train station. You only need to get the DAS once and it will last for the length of your stay and work at all 4 of the main parks.

Yes, you can get the stroller as a wheelchair pass at Guest Relations when you request the DAS and it will also last for the length of your stay. In order to get the DAS, you need to be able to explain why your child is unable to wait in the normal queue environment. If all the issues are resolved by using the stroller as a wheelchair, you may not get the DAS in addition to the stroller as a wheelchair tag.

You will need to explain why your child needs to wait outside the traditional queue, so you are correct that you will not need to provide a letter or diagnosis. If your child's needs will be satisfied by the use of the stroller as a wheelchair, then you will not need the DAS. Also remember that the DAS does not work many shows, buses, or restaurants. The stroller as a wheelchair also does not work for buses. You will have to remove your child and fold the stroller if using the buses. To avoid long queues at restaurants, try going off times. When I go, I eat a very light breakfast and then have lunch around 11:30am when the sit down venues open.

My 3rd child who is 3 has a chromosome deletion and we will be getting a DAS pass for her.

1 My question is, our first day is at MK and we plan to do the rope drop (or attempt to, let's hope they all cooperate... ha!) Since that is now inside the park,

1B is it possible to get the DAS pass while we're waiting for the show to start?

2 Also, will we need to get a pass at every single park or will the one from MK the first day last the week?

2B I think I read the MK one is under the train station but where might the others ones be located in other parks if we need to do it every day?

3 And I know I read to not bring a diagnosis letter as those can't be used but do I need to do anything else to show her disability? I don't want to seem like a freeloader to the Disney employees!

4 Oh and we'll be using her stroller as a wheelchair in the park, I'm assuming they give us that pass there too,

5 does that pass last all week or do I need to get a new one every day?

1 The let you in Main street about 8 am and you can go and get your DAS at GR once you get inside the park.

1B Yes I do this and it works out very nice. I can be in and out in about 5-10 minutes if this is your first time it might take a little longer.

2 the DAS is length of stay and or 60 days so you should be fine.

2B are you asking where to go to get a DAS you go to gest relation, it is on the left after you get into the parks

at HS it is on the left as soon as you get inside,
AK on the left as soon as you get in.
EPCOT on the left but a little further in about where spaceship earth is on the left too.

3 yes all the Cast member need to know is why the person asking for a DAS cannot be in line and why they need to wait outside the line. same for why she needs to bein a stroller they just need to know why. Her DX is not important at all as 2 people can have the same DX ad need very different things.

4 this is correct. Just know that the stroller as a wheelchair tag is only good inside the parks and if you use the bus to come and go you will need to fold the stroller as it is not safe unless it is meant for transport.

5 it will lest all week for all 4 theme parks.

My 3rd child who is 3 has a chromosome deletion and we will be getting a DAS pass for her.

Guest Relations CMs don't know what a chromosome deletion is, does, etc. When you apply for a DAS (she may not qualify, so just remember it's not a given that you get one) you will have to be able to clearly explain why your 3 year old cannot wait in a stand-by queue, and why using a stroller as a wheelchair doesn't solve those issues. Also, she must be present for the DAS request, and she must ride the attraction you are using the DAS for. So if she is small, and doesn't meet a height requirement, you can't use the DAS. You can request rider swap, of use FP+ for those attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!