A few more questions

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
I should have done some more research before just booking our stuff🤦‍♀️but we will be going Aug 13th thru 16th, we are SUPPOSE to leave for a cruise Aug 17th if that gets cancelled we may be able to extend Universial another day or 2, we have Aventura kids suite booked which I am super excited about, but I just seen today info on express pass and being able to get it free with other hotels, I really dont want to give up our suite though, we have 4 days at universial but 1 will be arrival day and 1 departure day, so really 2 full days, are the lines always crazy long is the express pass necessary?? Another delimma with that is me and my mom are 2 of the tickets and I dont know really how many rides we will ride, and arent the express passes per person?? Would it be good enough for 1 day express passes?? And can you get park to park ones?? Lol sorry but i have no idea what im doing when it comes to universial orlando

Adventura will be cheaper than one of the premier hotels
Room rates vary per season/dates

Do a comparison of a 4 night stay at and it could be double of wha5 you already booked

Some people will keep their value hotel room but also book a one night reservation at the premier hotel but never stay in it.

by booking a one night stay, your hotel card will reflect ep usage for the day you check in and out
You do not have to stay there that one night but you do have to check into the hotel (room key for ep)

That would give you 2 days of unlimited ep for the 2 parks.

Adventura will be cheaper than one of the premier hotels
Room rates vary per season/dates

Do a comparison of a 4 night stay at and it could be double of wha5 you already booked

Some people will keep their value hotel room but also book a one night reservation at the premier hotel but never stay in it.

by booking a one night stay, your hotel card will reflect ep usage for the day you check in and out
You do not have to stay there that one night but you do have to check into the hotel (room key for ep)

That would give you 2 days of unlimited ep for the 2 parks.
Ohhh....so if i book the room the EP will be available for all of us to use!!?? That would prob be a better deal because it was going to be like 600 for us to get them for the days in August😳And just a one night booking would give us the 2 days?? So our 2 full days would be the 14th and 15th so if I booked the 14th we would have the EP for both days?

Yes
You can have up to 5 in the room
All in your party will have their own ep
It is valid for check in day and check out day

So for a one night stay, you have two days of free unlimited ep for all.

All onsite hotels have a surcharge for people 18 and over when there are more than 2 adults listed in your room

I do not know ages in your group but add what the total cost if it will be all adults.
Beds are for 4 in the rooms.
There is a nightly charge for a rollaway room.

At one time, policy was 4 adults or 2 adults with 3 children as max for in a standard room

check that out on the website to get current info

Yes
You can have up to 5 in the room
All in your party will have their own ep
It is valid for check in day and check out day

So for a one night stay, you have two days of free unlimited ep for all.

All onsite hotels have a surcharge for people 18 and over when there are more than 2 adults listed in your room

I do not know ages in your group but add what the total cost if it will be all adults.
Beds are for 4 in the rooms.
There is a nightly charge for a rollaway room.

At one time, policy was 4 adults or 2 adults with 3 children as max for in a standard room

check that out on the website to get current info
Great we only have 2 adults me and my mom, and 2 kids 11 and 12!

Don't forget to look for APH rates on your Aventura room and the throwaway room for EPs. You might be able to save quite a bit vs the regular rates; you just need one Annual Pass.

If you do get a deluxe room, don't forget that you can use it as a place to rest during the day, without having to go back to Aventura. RPR or HRH are just a short walk or ferry ride away.

Don't forget to look for APH rates on your Aventura room and the throwaway room for EPs. You might be able to save quite a bit vs the regular rates; you just need one Annual Pass.

If you do get a deluxe room, don't forget that you can use it as a place to rest during the day, without having to go back to Aventura. RPR or HRH are just a short walk or ferry ride away.
Thanks, we dont have an annual pass though

Thanks, we dont have an annual pass though
You should consider getting one. A 2-day park-to-park ticket usually costs $295, while a Seasonal Pass is $305. The pass ovens up a special APH rate at the onsite hotels, which usually saves around 30%. Here is an example for your days:

Aventura Kid's Suite
----------------------
Regular Rate - $319 per night
BAST Rate - $287 per night (10% discount)
APH Rate - $226 per night (30% discount)

I assume you currently have the "Be a Savvy Traveler" discount (BAST). So a single Seasonal Pass will save you around $275 on the above room over your 3 nights. It should also knock around $100 off of the deluxe hotel, assuming the APH becomes available (usually a couple months before you travel). Not bad for a $10 upgrade.

If you end up really liking it there and decide that you might come back within 12 months, then you can upgrade the rest of your family to Seasonal Passes. We did that on our first trip and were able to come back a second time before the passes expired. The only downside is blockout dates, but they do not apply for your August trip.

Hope this helps...

You should consider getting one. A 2-day park-to-park ticket usually costs $295, while a Seasonal Pass is $305. The pass ovens up a special APH rate at the onsite hotels, which usually saves around 30%. Here is an example for your days:

Aventura Kid's Suite
----------------------

I assume you currently have the "Be a Savvy Traveler" discount (BAST). So a single Seasonal Pass will save you around $275 on the above room over your 3 nights. It should also knock around $100 off of the deluxe hotel, assuming the APH becomes available (usually a couple months before you travel). Not bad for a $10 upgrade.

If you end up really liking it there and decide that you might come back within 12 months, then you can upgrade the rest of your family to Seasonal Passes. We did that on our first trip and were able to come back a second time before the passes expired. The only downside is blockout dates, but they do not apply for your August trip.

Hope this helps...
Oh, I didnt see a season pass at that cost, I really dont know what I am looking for either, so would I just be able to call and ask them to upgrade one of my tickets to a season pass and pay the difference? Does it also give u other discounts for food and souvenirs also?

Aventura Kid's Suite
----------------------

Hope this helps...
I actually see now...so I have another question, we have the 3 park passes right now, but on the cheaper season pass for the 3 park ones it has until August 16th blocked out for volcano bay, so would that mean I wouldnt be able to go there??...and if we all decided to upgrade once there would it be just paying the difference of the tickets we got?

I actually see now...so I have another question, we have the 3 park passes right now, but on the cheaper season pass for the 3 park ones it has until August 16th blocked out for volcano bay, so would that mean I wouldnt be able to go there??...and if we all decided to upgrade once there would it be just paying the difference of the tickets we got?

Yes, blackout days apply at certain times and you wouldn’t be allowed access.

And are ALL the annual passes park to park? Sorry, to ask so many questions but I am really considering gettin them for all of us and maybe come back spring break next year

www.universalorlando.com

you can find links at their site that are very helpful

I refer to it when I’m stumped to answer questions at times
Thanks ive actually been looking on there and seen where the pass before the cheapest one said park to park but the cheapest one didnt say if it was or wasnt so I thought I could ask here, it also doesnt tell me about upgrading passes that i seen

Ok try using the search button to pull up the info you need
Use key words to narrow your search

ie: do all hotels qualify for the aph rate?
Aph dates valid for premier hotels ?

only rely on current threads as policies change so something that was valid a year ago, might not be the same this year
Hope this helps!

Returned to add, if you are planning to upgrade your tickets to an ap, you can still book an aph rate.

to keep your ap rate, you would need to upgrade your tickets to the ap when at UO
Some do it after they check in and later show the front desk the valid ap when they get it.

Your booked rate will be honored.

You could use Dreams Unlimited Travel which sponsors this board with your booking

I have a sticky for them in the header of this forum

They have listing agents that specialize in UO
All are presented in the sticky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!