A few questions for July

maryr1oz

Down Under Disney Lover x
Hi All, i'm very new to planning a visit to HKDL and i can't seem to find some information i'm after...

Does anyone know what the opening hours in July have been previously? I know this is school holidays, would a Tuesday in late July be considered a busy day? :confused3

Is there online bookings for Chef Mickey or other restaurants? We will not be staying at an onsite hotel, so does anyone know what the availability of the Dim Sum menu at the Disneyland Hotel would be for us?

Any help, or other pointers would be much appreciated! :goodvibes

Ooh! Happy Planning! I see from your ticker that you're heading to Spain! How exciting. I sure hope you'll do a TR. :thumbsup2

Hi All, i'm very new to planning a visit to HKDL and i can't seem to find some information i'm after...

Does anyone know what the opening hours in July have been previously? I know this is school holidays, would a Tuesday in late July be considered a busy day? :confused3

Is it school holidays for Hong Kong and China or school holidays for Australia?
If it is school holidays for HK and China, then I would expect that DLHK would be busy.

I don't have any info on park hours for July. Hopefully someone else will know. I'm not even sure that it closes later in the night like the American parks do.

Is there online bookings for Chef Mickey or other restaurants? We will not be staying at an onsite hotel, so does anyone know what the availability of the Dim Sum menu at the Disneyland Hotel would be for us?

Any help, or other pointers would be much appreciated! :goodvibes

I haven't checked the HK Disneyland website in a couple of years but I found it easier to call up the international number and speak to a Cast Member. Those that are manning the International lines speak reasonably good English and I found it the easiest to make bookings that way.

I think that the Dim Sum is available for guests not staying at the hotel; but not necessarily every day. Its my faulty memory here....but I think one of the locals I met whilst there said they had eaten the Dim Sum. It might be something that you could ring up and ask.

Mid-July to end of August is summer holidays for schools in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Disneyland is very busy during that time. Going on a Tuesday doesn't help too much.

Park hours during summer is typical of 10am-8pm. The actual schedule has not been released yet, but it typically stays like that. They let guests enter and go into the hub at around 9:30am, and then do a rope drop/ actual open at 10am.

For Chef Mickey, please call their hotline to book directly.

Dim Sum lunch is available at Hong Kong Disneyland hotel. You will need to pre-book the lunch as well as specific Dim Sums that you want. :)

Ooh! Happy Planning! I see from your ticker that you're heading to Spain! How exciting. I sure hope you'll do a TR. :thumbsup2

Is it school holidays for Hong Kong and China or school holidays for Australia?
If it is school holidays for HK and China, then I would expect that DLHK would be busy.

I don't have any info on park hours for July. Hopefully someone else will know. I'm not even sure that it closes later in the night like the American parks do.

I haven't checked the HK Disneyland website in a couple of years but I found it easier to call up the international number and speak to a Cast Member. Those that are manning the International lines speak reasonably good English and I found it the easiest to make bookings that way.

I think that the Dim Sum is available for guests not staying at the hotel; but not necessarily every day. Its my faulty memory here....but I think one of the locals I met whilst there said they had eaten the Dim Sum. It might be something that you could ring up and ask.

Thanks so much for all that! Your HKDL trip report is providing me with such amazing information, i'm taking lot's of time and notes reading it all :thumbsup2

I will certainly aim to write a trip report - even though Disney will technically only support a small portion :goodvibes

Mid-July to end of August is summer holidays for schools in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Disneyland is very busy during that time. Going on a Tuesday doesn't help too much.

Park hours during summer is typical of 10am-8pm. The actual schedule has not been released yet, but it typically stays like that. They let guests enter and go into the hub at around 9:30am, and then do a rope drop/ actual open at 10am.

For Chef Mickey, please call their hotline to book directly.

Dim Sum lunch is available at Hong Kong Disneyland hotel. You will need to pre-book the lunch as well as specific Dim Sums that you want. :)

Thankyou!! That's great information... I had a hard time booking dining on the phone when we visited Paris Disney, but i will certainly give it a try again for HKDL.

It's a shame about the school holidays... i'll be avoiding Australia's and catching HK's. Oh well, can't be helped. We'll just have to aim for rope drop and do our best :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter