A good and bad memory of Middle School

I grew up in a military family and we moved three times during my eighth grade year- August, December, and March. so, not a great year. My favorite memory from seventh grade was getting to go see the Bay City Rollers with my best friend.

Good - snow days. I remember one storm in particular where I had stayed after for some reason (probably band related) and it started to snow. We were skating around in the snow on the sidewalk when my parents picked me up. The storm didn't let up and we were out the rest of the week. There is NOTHING better than a snow day!

Bad - Square dancing. I don't know why, we didn't live in an area that had a long history of square dancing or anything like that, but 1-2 times a year they would have the entire school do it. It replaced PE for a week. It's not like we performed or anything - they'd just teach us to do it and we all suffered through it.

Junior high was the worst. We moved partway into my 7th grade year, from a small town with 15 kids total in my class to a large city with 120 kids in 3 sections. I just never felt like I fit in in that environment. Since this was a Catholic school with options for high school, I chose a different high school than 95% of the rest of the girls. High school was much better. With a mixing of kids from different schools it was much easier to make friends.

Good: working on history project ideas
bad : not telling that i have already done seeing them upset

Ah, a zombie trhead, but a pretty god one.

Bad: In about 5th grade, a close friend basically evolved into a bully and I had to cut ties.
Good: In the 6th grade a new kid was in school and he was only there for one year, military family, but he was like a real peacemaker. He was the natural alpha, the cool kid but not in that, "I'm cooler than you" way. He didn't tolerate nonsense or bullying and welcomed everybody. In fact, it was the only time I can remember where all of the boys in out class sat at the same luncch table (small school) - the one exception were the boys who had turned on me the previous year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter