A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

Our tech support has been there for a goo while. I asked both guys who helped me where they were neither place sounded familiar. Where are you?
I’m in Belfast. Can you remember where they were from?i wonder if it’s close by?
Thanks! Everyone tells me I could walk to work, and I could but I would not smell nice. It's already hot here.
:rotfl:
I really hope you get to see and touch them soon. :hug:
Me too!
Good to hear you have stayed safe. So far we've stayed safe too.
:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Hi Michelle and Vanessa! I'm sat here 'working from home' 😆 and planning imaginary Disney trips in my head, and I got a hankering to read some trip reports... I feel like it was fate that yours was the first one I clicked on because I've been daydreaming about visiting at Christmas and seeing all the decorations, and you've completely delivered, thank you! I've never been at that time of year before, so I've been loving your report and all of your pictures.

Also JP is freaking precious I can't wait to take my future kids to Disney one day. Although I bet it's a big change to prepare for!

Anyway, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

I'm sorry I'm so late finally getting this posted. I switched jobs last Monday and I'm no longer working from home. I actually went back to work for my prior boss.

WOW! That's quite a life change! How is that going so far?

I think any trip in the future to Disney will be very different.

I reallly hope someday we can get back to being as normal as possible and it looks somewhat like it did. Time will tell.

it really is a different experience at night and oh so cool.

Something I didn't accomplish last trip.
TSL is really pretty at night too
And come to think of it, I have not seen TSL at night either. I need to specifically plan a trip to DHS at night to see these areas!!

Dinner sounded nice espeically JP was sleeping, it could give you all time to just relax and enjoy.

And I can definitely see why!

He uses it to his advantage. If someone has to give a vehicle for the day it's usually me.

I’m in Belfast. Can you remember where they were from?i wonder if it’s close by?

I know it started with a D, but that's all. He said it really fast. Next time I'm going to ask them to spell it and tell them I have friend in Belfast.

Hi Michelle and Vanessa! I'm sat here 'working from home' 😆 and planning imaginary Disney trips in my head, and I got a hankering to read some trip reports... I feel like it was fate that yours was the first one I clicked on because I've been daydreaming about visiting at Christmas and seeing all the decorations, and you've completely delivered, thank you! I've never been at that time of year before, so I've been loving your report and all of your pictures.

:welcome: Katie! We're very happy to have you here. I would love to be planning another Christmas trip. I hope you make it there. We have lots more pictures to share.

Also JP is freaking precious I can't wait to take my future kids to Disney one day. Although I bet it's a big change to prepare for!

He is a cutie and will be turning 3 tomorrow! It was very different to take a toddler after so many years.

Anyway, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

You're very welcome!

How is that going so far?

So far so good. I'm still trying to get up to speed but I think I'm finished with the education side.

I reallly hope someday we can get back to being as normal as possible and it looks somewhat like it did. Time will tell.

Me too! We all just have to wait and see.

Something I didn't accomplish last trip.

You need to do it next time. I know your photos would be fabulous.

And come to think of it, I have not seen TSL at night either. I need to specifically plan a trip to DHS at night to see these areas!!

So now you need to do both at night.

Dinner sounded nice espeically JP was sleeping, it could give you all time to just relax and enjoy.

It was a very relaxing dinner.

Congrats on the job move, hope it's working out well!

How funny that you brought all that stuff to help prepare you for meals with JP and then he ended up sleeping through the entire thing. :rotfl: However, I'm sure that allowed you to enjoy your food and rest for a few minutes.

Good to know about GE at night. I've seen TSL in the dark and loved it, so I'll definitely have to check out GE.

Derry? Dublin?

I don't think these are it. I'm going to make them spell it out next time.

Happy birthday to John Paul 🎉🎂🎈🎁

Thank you! He was at the beach for his actual birthday. If you can't have a party I think the beach is a great consolation.

Congrats on the job move, hope it's working out well!

Thank you! So far so good.

How funny that you brought all that stuff to help prepare you for meals with JP and then he ended up sleeping through the entire thing. :rotfl: However, I'm sure that allowed you to enjoy your food and rest for a few minutes.

I like to be prepared and better safe than sorry.

Good to know about GE at night. I've seen TSL in the dark and loved it, so I'll definitely have to check out GE.

Another reason to go back.

DHS @ Night Part 2

This day just seems to go on and on. I'm going to try & wrap it up.

After we left TSL and GE behind we entered the rest of the park to see the Christmas decorations at night. I really enjoyed seeing the decoration by day but enjoyed seeing all the twinkling lights even more, but first some Disney promotions.

Not Christmas lights but still pretty.

I loved these lights on the Theater.

And now an overload of Christmas lights.

We started making our way to Sunset Blvd so we could see "Wonderful World of Animation", remember it was on my list of musts.

And there it was for all to see! An endless loop of Christmas and more snope.

Continued in next post. . . .

Last edited:

Beauty and the Beast was lit up too.

And John Paul slept through it all. After watching the Christmas projections for awhile Danielle and I decided to ride Tower of Terror. This is my favorite ride in this park. I love the drops. Dennis rides it when he has to but he was perfectly fine staying with a sleeping John Paul while we rode. I think the wait time was posted at about 25 minutes but we walked straight through the to pre-show Twilight room.

I think everyone had a great ride, except maybe the guy sleeping in the front.

My heart was happy. We still had a little bit of time until Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam started. I really wanted to see this since it was another first for all of us but we finally hit the wall. It had been a VERY long and busy day. JP had woken up but was still out of it. We agreed to call it a night and head back to POP. Having missed Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam just makes me want to go back at Christmas time again. Taking the Skyliner back to Pop was a breeze. Once back we made a detour to Everything Pop to pick up some milk and fruit for JP. This ended up being something we did almost every night. I picked him up a banana and some grapes on this stop. We had the left over pizza but he didn't want it. I didn't feel up to fighting the shower so we changed JP into his jammies and gave him his milk. He settled into the bed with Grumpy and watched some TV while Danielle and I got things ready for the next day and got ready for bed. When it came time to turn out the lights I really thought he was going to sleep with Danielle and I. When he stays overnight with us he always sleeps with me usually in the spare bedroom. Dennis swears he can't get a good nights sleep when JP sleeps with us.

The next morning this is what I found.
The next day was Sunday, December 15th our first Epcot day.

I had received a Fitbit for my birthday before our trip and tried to keep track of my steps. I didn't have 9 hours of activity due to the time not moving for the flight but I did have 19,392 steps.

Last edited:
What a great day! Love the Christmas decor and not seeing Jingle Bam just means you have to go again some Christmastime 🎄
So funny to see JP decided to stay out with Grumpy. Both sound asleep 😴
Hope is Michelle is coping ok with quarantine. Are you able to see each other? Is her hubby still working miles away? Thinking of you all in these strange times :goodvibes

So glad you posted the wedding link too! I've been so curious about Disney weddings, we may do a vow renewal there. we keep considering a Christmas trip too but I don't like the crowds

After we left TSL and GE behind we entered the rest of the park to see the Christmas decorations at night.
something I've never done. Heck, I haven't been in DHS at night in years.
We started making out way to Sunset Blvd so we could see "Wonderful World of Animation"
That looked so nice!
And John Paul was slept through it all.
:rolleyes1
Danielle and I decided to ride Tower of Terror. This is my favorite ride in this park.
I knew that! :)
I think the wait time was posted at about 25 minutes but we walked straight through the to pre-show Twilight room.
Nice! You should've gone again!
Yeah... maybe not, since you were pretty tired.
I think everyone had a great ride, except maybe the guy sleeping in the front.
:laughing:
And the woman behind him doesn't look to sure about it.
Having missed Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam just makes me want to go back at Christmas time again.
I'm thinking the next time I'm there at that time, I'll have to make this a priority.
Taking the Skyliner back to Pop was a breeze
:)
Dennis swears he can't get a good nights sleep when JP sleeps with us.

Awww...
Double awww!

And... :lmao:
I did have 19,392 steps.
Whoa! Plenty.

What a great day! Love the Christmas decor and not seeing Jingle Bam just means you have to go again some Christmastime 🎄

The more I look at our pictures the more I want to go back. So much we didn't see or do.

So funny to see JP decided to stay out with Grumpy. Both sound asleep 😴

We were all surprised.

Hope is Michelle is coping ok with quarantine. Are you able to see each other? Is her hubby still working miles away? Thinking of you all in these strange times :goodvibes

I'm hoping Michelle will find some time to get back on. She has a quarantine story to tell.

So glad you posted the wedding link too! I've been so curious about Disney weddings, we may do a vow renewal there. we keep considering a Christmas trip too but I don't like the crowds

:welcome: I'm very sorry but you're going to find the pictures on that trip hit and miss. Photobucket made their major change and removed the pictures. I started replacing them but never got all the way through. Michelle loved getting married there and would really like to renew her vows in Disney someday. I hope you do yours.

I hope we can entertain you a little with this report.

something I've never done. Heck, I haven't been in DHS at night in years.

Now you know you NEED to go at night, especially at Christmas.

That looked so nice!

It really was.

I knew that! :)

:thumbsup2

Nice! You should've gone again!
Yeah... maybe not, since you were pretty tired.

Too tired on this trip but we did do it back to back in 2017.

And the woman behind him doesn't look to sure about it.

No she sure doesn't. I hope they were able to get her back on it.

I'm thinking the next time I'm there at that time, I'll have to make this a priority.

Me too.

Whoa! Plenty.

And this wasn't the most steps I did in a day.

I'm alive, I swear.

Sorry I've fallen off the grid, as I assume many of you probably have to some extent as well. I always did my best writing and checking in while I was in between projects at work... and, well, now that's not a thing anymore.

Dad had his heart attack on a Wednesday in March. I stayed home the rest of that week to help babysit him and get the house ready for Jimmy to come home. We were doing Gia's birthday party that Friday and our vow renewal at the church that Saturday. Well, Friday they sent all the kids home with their books. We were the only people at the birthday place for a party, let alone any activity. This was the day our world, at least locally, shut down. We showed up at the church Saturday to renew our vows and it had been cancelled. I hadn't seen a calendar in days at that point because of Dad's episode, so I didn't realize that's the date the church shut down all activity.

Then Monday I showed up to work, only to be laid off. My 3 person internal audit department was reduced to 1. That day, we decided I would now pursue my dreams of becoming a TEACHER! I enrolled in the local teaching certification summer institute. We celebrated new goals, but I still had to mourn my usual everyday life. We also had to start doing home school. Gia's pretty well self motivated with school, but she likes a schedule and she likes to know what to expect. So this new adventure was hard, but she told my MIL that having me help her made her a lot less stressed. That was pretty validating.

After the first week of that, Jimmy's state, Delaware, shut down. And they laid off nearly ALL of their staff, including Jimmy. So he packed up his car and drove 19 hours back home. Well that was less than ideal. But he would be home!

We really enjoyed our time together. It was more time together than we'd spent in a LONG time. The kids really loved having him home. He got a new job and started this week. He's right outside of Detroit now and we have high hopes for a job well done. We miss him, of course, but we've done this before and we'll do it again!

I am so SO scared to start a new chapter, and alone. I don't know how being a single-ish mom, looking for and/or starting a new job AND CAREER is going to work logistically. But I'm willing to figure it out because this is something I've always wanted to do.

We did some REALLY cool things during our quarantine time and I enjoy the hell out of being home with the kids. I hope everyone is doing okay and finding some light in these dark times. We're going to come out of this with a great new perspective and outlook. Slowing down a bit definitely won't hurt!

I'm alive, I swear.
Photos or it didn't... wait... that's for something else.

Hi!
Dad had his heart attack on a Wednesday in March.
Yes, and we were all so sorry to hear that, but happy to hear things went well.
We showed up at the church Saturday to renew our vows and it had been cancelled.
Oh, no. :sad1:
I'm so sorry to hear that.
Then Monday I showed up to work, only to be laid off.
The hits keep on coming...
That day, we decided I would now pursue my dreams of becoming a TEACHER!
Good for you! :)
So this new adventure was hard, but she told my MIL that having me help her made her a lot less stressed. That was pretty validating.
:goodvibes I bet!
After the first week of that, Jimmy's state, Delaware, shut down. And they laid off nearly ALL of their staff, including Jimmy. So he packed up his car and drove 19 hours back home. Well that was less than ideal. But he would be home!
Silver lining, but... stressful, I'm sure.
He got a new job and started this week
Good for him!
He's right outside of Detroit now and we have high hopes for a job well done. We miss him, of course, but we've done this before and we'll do it again!
How long will he be there? Any thoughts of moving?
I am so SO scared to start a new chapter, and alone.
:hug:
You're not alone.
And it's okay to be scared. These are scary times.
Please feel free to PM me if you need a friendly ear, okay? :)

Glad to have you back, I enjoy reading your reports and went back to the old ones to lift my spirits during this time

Sending you hugs and positive vibes from across the Atlantic. You can do this and well done to both you and jimmy for taking a leap of faith and starting afresh! Sometimes things happen for a reason and it’s lovely you got to spend some much needed time together as a family before Jimmy started his new job. How far away is he from you now? Is it easier to visit? I think lots of us are finding life a whole lot different now for various reasons but it’s so good to see you back. Keep your chin up. You got this. Feel free to pm me anytime if you need to chat :hug:

I really enjoyed seeing the decoration by day but enjoyed seeing all the twinkling lights even more, but first some Disney promotions.

There are several things on my list to do but seeing DHS at night is definitely near the top. And now, maybe at Christmas time would be the best. I adore the Christmas decorations there, and to see them lit up would be nothing short of amazing!

We started making our way to Sunset Blvd so we could see "Wonderful World of Animation", remember it was on my list of musts.

I wanted to see that a few years ago when I did a Christmas trip, but ran out of steam by the time it happened.

I decided to ride Tower of Terror. This is my favorite ride in this park. I love the drops.
One of my very favorite rides in all of Disney!

Awwww!! :lovestruc
@mFont23 You are a strong lady with drive and competence. It will take work and dedication, but you can DO THIS!! Cheering you on every step of the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!