A little bit of this and a little bit of that! VA Beach, Vero, WDW and Spirit of the Swamp Airboat ride June/July 2020 -**updated 7/8

Dizney73

DIS Veteran
Our plans for this summer's vacation have changed so many times it is hard to remember what we originally planned! I am a planner by nature and love to plan every part of our trips FAR in advance... usually that technique works but not in 2020! This year has really thrown some wrenches into our vacay plans but it's all part of the ride we call life!

We are a family of 4- myself-Jami, DH-Scott, 14 year old DD-Jenni and 11 year old DS-Anderson. We love to travel and are always looking for adventure! We are DVC owners and love to travel to Disney a few times a year as our schedule allows.

As I said...I am not much of a go by the seat of your pants, spontaneous type of person... I like planning everything- every detail! We usually book our vacations very far in advance! We were all booked for Hawaii' for summer of 2020 but then I was unable to secure DVC Aulani reservations for the nights that we needed before our Island cruise. I was going to book a few nights on a cash reservation but $$$ WOW! Couple that with the price of flights from the east coast to Honolulu and I was shaking my head at the cost! Then, just before Black Friday the other cruise line that we booked with ran a sale and I was able to change our reservation to summer 2021 and save $1200. So a Hawaiian cruise is booked for next July and I hope to pick up a night or two at Aulani before or after the cruise.

Of course, DH already scheduled his 2020 vacations at work and well.. they couldn't be changed so we booked a DCL cruise to Alaska because it fit quite perfectly into DH's vacation! We booked an ocean view cabin and had the time of our lives planning it all out! (We cruised Alaska in an Inside cabin on Princess and an AFT balcony on Royal Caribbean in the past.) Alas... this summer 2020 vacation also was cancelled. We took the refund for this cruise and decided that Alaska would be rescheduled for summer 2022. (Update: we actually already booked with NCL for June/July 2022) If you are interested in my pre-trip report for our Alaska trip take a look at A Disney Wonder ... Vancouver, Alaska, Seattle and Mt Rainier .

So where does this leave us now? Of course... we have Disney on the brain! I should mention that we already had a no park ... resort (AKV) only WDW trip booked for June 17-23 but we also cancelled that because we didn't want to fly during this time. Now that our Disney Wonder cruise was cancelled and DH had 14 days of vacation we chose to rebook another resort only stay at WDW and drive! We booked 8 nights at 2 DVC resorts and called it a day. Now... we just needed to wait for more information on Disney's reopening. As more and more weeks were cancelled and speculation grew I was certain that we would cancel this getaway too. But ... NOPE! We might be crazy... we are going to Walt Disney World summer 2020! We have tweaked our days and our resorts more times than I can count! First, we booked OKW, then moved to Beach Club and finally we chose Saratoga Springs. We also added on 2 nights at Disney's Vero Beach resort before our WDW stay! In the end... we dropped 2 nights from our WDW DVC resort stay and added on 6 nights between Hilton Head, Vero Beach and Savannah! All in all... this is going to be a road trip filled with beaches and some unpredictable Disney magic!

Our 2020 WDW road trip: 10 nights... 4 hotels... 3 places we've never been!
Quick Links by Day... The Plan
Day 1 and 2... The 12 hour drive and Hilton Head Island
Day 3,4 and 5... Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Day 5... Kennedy Space Center? and checking into Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Days 6,7 and 8 ... Disney's Saratoga springs and EVERY meal at Disney Springs

Vero Beach Update! Good news!
Spirit of the Swamp Airboat tour!
Day 9, 10 and 11... Lunch and Savannah
UPDATE... Canceled HH and booked more nights at Vero and 1 night at VA Beach!
The Final Countdown... 5!

Quick Links by Day... the Road trip!
Day 1... June 28... Off to Virginia Beach
Day 2... June 29... The Virginia Sunrise and off to Vero!
Days 2 and 3... The long drive and our 1st look at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Day 3...June 30... A Day at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Day 3 Pictures!

Day 3... Finishing up our night!
Day 4... July 1...Breakfast, our room switch, mini golf, beach and pool!
Day 4... Dinner time!
Day 5... July 2... Our last full day at Disney 's Vero Beach Resort!
Day 6... July 3... Check out Day :(
Day 6... We are at Walt Disney World!
Day 7... July 4...new Disney Masks and T-Rex for lunch!
Room Update AGAIN!
Day 7... Dinner at the Boathouse!
July 4... Disney Springs was packed!
Day 8... July 5... Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and lunchES at Disney Springs!
Christmas Shop Pictures
Day 9... July 6... Spirit of the Swamp! It was GREAT!
Day 9... Lunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming!
Pics of lunch!
Day 9... Dinner at Olivia's and closing down Disney Springs

Day 10... making the most of our last day at WDW!
Our last Disney Meal... Sana'a!
Day 11... The LOOOONG Drive home!

Last edited:
Day 1 and 2...The 12 hour drive and Hilton Head Island

We will be driving to Florida from PA and don't want to drive straight through. We also wanted to make this more of a road trip with multiple destinations rather than an overnight stay at a hotel off of I-95. Of course, our first choice in Hilton Head would have been to try Disney's resort but with all the vacation changes and now planning something last minute there was no availability so we researched some HH resorts and knew that we would like to stay right on the beach. We booked 2 nights at the Omni Hilton Head Ocean Front Resort in a resort view studio. I was able to play with the rates and felt that we got a nice deal using their Escape and Save offer. After the drive I think we will just want to relax around the resort. But we have one full day ahead of us before we head to Vero Beach.

This will be our 1st time in Hilton Head and we are hoping to spend time on the beach and check out the island the best we can in our short 2 night stay. I read tons of restaurant reviews and so many look fantastic! Great food... Great views... what a decision! I booked a 7:45 pm dinner reservation for our only full day on the island at Poseidon's. The menu looks great and it is kinda close to Disney's resort so we are hoping to get a quick look around before dinner!

Of course, now that I look at the picture of Poseidon... I am having second thoughts! Should I have gone with Old Fort Pub? or maybe Skull Creek Dockside? Oh... and I heard greta things about Red Fish! There are just so many choices!

I'm hoping we can get some breakfast at Java Burrito to eat back at the hotel before we head out to Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Does anyone have any recommendations for us while at Hilton Head? Do you have any other restaurant suggestions? What sights should we not miss? We'd love to hear some!

Reactions: DLo
You will love the Omni at Hilton Head, which is in the Palmetto Dunes Resort area. It's the only place we stay, and we've been going for years. It is gorgeous-the rooms are large, service is excellent, and the food is great, both inside the restaurant and at poolside. Often we don't even go off the resort area for the first couple of days since we enjoy it so much. They used to do great poolside activities for the kids; hopefully, they are still able to do that. AND there is a very nice adult pool.

I haven't eaten at Poseidon, but I'm sure it's fine. You might want to drive or either take the hotel shuttle right across the highway to Shelter Cove Marina one late afternoon or early evening. There are a lot of shops and restaurants over there (of course, I'm not sure what is open now due to Covid). Also, Shannon Tanner puts on a great children's show under the big oak in the middle of the plaza, but it may also be on hold right now. You could check out his website.

I do hope your experience at the Omni will be what ours has always been. Enjoy your trip, and safe travels!

You will love the Omni at Hilton Head, which is in the Palmetto Dunes Resort area. It's the only place we stay, and we've been going for years. It is gorgeous-the rooms are large, service is excellent, and the food is great, both inside the restaurant and at poolside. Often we don't even go off the resort area for the first couple of days since we enjoy it so much. They used to do great poolside activities for the kids; hopefully, they are still able to do that. AND there is a very nice adult pool.

I haven't eaten at Poseidon, but I'm sure it's fine. You might want to drive or either take the hotel shuttle right across the highway to Shelter Cove Marina one late afternoon or early evening. There are a lot of shops and restaurants over there (of course, I'm not sure what is open now due to Covid). Also, Shannon Tanner puts on a great children's show under the big oak in the middle of the plaza, but it may also be on hold right now. You could check out his website.

I do hope your experience at the Omni will be what ours has always been. Enjoy your trip, and safe travels!

I am so glad to hear great things about the Omni! I was between the Omni and Sonesta but after watching You Tube Videos we chose the Omni based on the fact that it looked more like a resort.
How about dinner reservation times? I wanted to choose an early dinner time because I feel there won't be as much waiting for a table...but DH wanted something later so we had the entire day to enjoy. I made a reservation for 7:45 but I really think it should be earlier.
We are going to be cautious. Lysol, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer are all on the list to pack. I have so many masks... both disposable and washable to take with us but I also know that it is others that I have to worry about too.

Day 3-4-5 Disney's Vero Beach Resort

After two nights at the Omni Oceanfront in Hilton Head we will head out to Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Google Maps says it will take us about 6 hours to get there... but that's without any stops or traffic.

We were thinking about dropping by Cocoa Beach if the Disney ships are there so that we can see ... and dream about... them! Are there any good restaurants that we could catch an early dinner?

Or maybe we will just be way too excited to see Disney's Vero Beach Resort for the first time and go directly there! We have a Standard Inn Room booked for two nights. Of course, we would have loved an Ocean View room but we only had so many points to work with because we weren't willing to borrow points. We are excited to stay at Vero and hope the beach lives up to our hopes. I heard the pool gets very crowded so I'm not expecting to spend too much time there. We plan to be very careful about crowds and avoid anywhere that feels unsafe.

I have taken note of some restaurants that I saw recommended... Riverside Cafe, Ocean Grill, Squid Lips, and the Mulligan's in Sebastian... and if Wind and Waves isn't open for our stay then we will drive off property to one of these. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions? We aren't afraid to drive to something we want to experience. We especially love all things National Park so we have contemplated checking out Canaveral National Seashore... and maybe Kennedy Space Center. I haven't been there for years.

Depending on the weather and the crowd we will stick around Vero for lunch before heading to Walt Disney World for our resort only stay.... Face masks included.

Last edited:
Day 5... Perhaps Kennedy Space Center?and checking into Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort

This Vero/Disney trip was originally booked for June 17- June 23 as a resort only stay. We had annual passes to Disney for years and our kids have been to Disney more times than most go in a lifetime (that's the great thing about DVC)! Our passes ran out on the last day of our summer 2018 WDW trip. We truly got every last day out of them that we could! We could see that our kids were getting a little "bored" with going to the parks so we decided that we would take a break from the parks for a while. We have done 4 resort only/add a 3 night cruise here and there/ or other Florida park trips since summer 2018 and we have loved every one of them! (last summer we did Discovery Cove, Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens and it was absolutely fantastic! Totally recommend it if you haven't done that)

So DH and I were checking out places outside of WDW to visit while on this stay JUST IN CASE the Disney pools/Disney Springs vacation starts getting to us! My fear is that with limited capacity it will be hard to have get access to pool time and still be social distanced. And ... with no parks open and limited resort restaurant availability Disney Springs will most likely be a big draw for resort guests. We just may feel the need to escape. I have been looking at area attractions and thought that Kennedy could be a cool place to visit, especially since my kids were just completely into the latest space launch. They are right now offering online ticket ordering and giving you an additional ticket good for 2021 since everything is not open. Since we go visit the World a few times a year... this sounds like a good deal. So we are playing with the idea of visiting Kennedy Space Center on our transition day from Vero Beach to WDW. We are going to wait to check out the weather conditions come closer to our visit and decide if this is something we would like to do.

Whether we end up visiting Kennedy Space Center or not we will be heading to check in for 4 nights at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort ! We switched this resort so many times... it isn't funny! Originally we were staying at Old Key West resort for 5 nights. We LOVE OKW... 2 real beds, a quiet, relaxed atmosphere, a boat ride away from Disney Springs... but we when I switched all of our dates around (after Alaska was canceled) we found availability for 4 nights at Beach Club Villas! Of course, the kids love this resort so we switched and thought it would be the best resort to enjoy while the parks were closed. We stayed at BCV last summer for 3 nights before our DC/SW/Aquatica/ BG adventure and just loved the whole area...and the access to Beaches and Cream! But lo and behold the announcement came out last week that Storm Along Bay would be closed. We contemplated staying at BCV... after all we love the area and we don't mind the leisure pool... but alas we decided that the walking access to Disney Springs from Saratoga is just what we needed! I mean... so far the only restaurants that I can get reservations for are at Disney Springs! We usually book a standard room and we prefer the Grandstand section of Saratoga but we decided to book a preferred studio this time with hopes of getting a room in the Congress Park area close to the DS walking path.

We have a reservation at Paddlefish for 7:30 pm. It will be our first time here since it switched from Fulton's and we are looking forward to our visit!

Day 6, 7, and 8 ... Disney Saratoga Springs and EVERY meal at Disney Springs?

Our plans for our Disney trip are simple... relax, shop, eat and drink! DH and I love to sit out on our balcony and drink coffee every morning. Disney said that the coffee pots were going to be removed from rooms and I somehow don't think that we'll be getting to use refillable mugs with all of the safety changes so we may have to purchase just a cup of coffee each day... or I can take my one cup coffee pot with us? I really should start thinking of renting a storage locker in Orlando. The kids like to sleep and for this trip I will let them... it;s not like we need to hurry off to a park!

If the boats were running ... I could ride them all day but once again Disney has only mentioned bus transportation before the parks open so I guess we will be taking long walks around the resort.

Of course, we will also look at getting our allotted pool time in each day as well! And let's not forget some shopping time! We are also hoping that some mini golf will be open ... but we may have to drive off property if the Disney courses are closed.

I have made reservations at Disney Springs for lunch and dinner each day throughout our stay. Some are reservations that I made via OpenTable and others are booked directly through MDE.
Day 6: 11 am Boathouse and 8 pm TRex
Day 7: 12 pm Terralina Crafted Italian, 7:30 pm Ragland Road
Day 8: 12:45 pm Chef Art Smith's Homecoming, 7:30 pm House of Blues

Three of these restaurants are brand new experiences for us! We have never eaten at the Boathouse despite the fact that I have been eyeing it up so why not take this opportunity to do so, right? I booked The Boathouse from OpenTable and have changed the reservation time a few times. I ended up booking the 1st slot at 11 because I'm excited to eat here... but perhaps I will change it to noon because I have a feeling there will be a line of people waiting to check in right at opening. My kids would love to take one of the Amphicar's out but I doubt they will be running either. I have always looked at how much they cost and think that we do something for much longer than 20 minutes with that money!
I booked TRex because I have a $100 Landry's gift card and we haven't eaten here in years. Our other option is Landry;s Seafood off property but DH said he would rather just walk over to Disney Springs... so TRex it is!

I was looking for another restaurant at DS that accepts Tables and came across Terralina Crafted Italian on Open Table so I booked this too. We have never eaten here so we will chalk this one up as another new experience! I mean who can resist a wood fired pizza? Not me!

Oh boy... do we love Ragland Road! It is simply one of our favorite hangouts! We love sitting outside and enjoying some drinks along with the drunk mussels for an appetizer before ordering our RR favorites. Maybe fish and chips, or Bangers and Mash or Pie in the Sky... they are all so delicious!

Our next day will be a bit of a late start... I have something planned for the family that is a new experience for us! I'll share more about this in my next post. Lots of bug spray has been purchased:rolleyes1

I have booked Chef Art Smith's Homecoming for the last 3 trips and each time we have ended up canceling a day or two before the reservation. But not this time! This time I am refusing to cancel! I need to try the Sweet Tea Shine! I saw that they have put out a modified menu but as long as they have fried chicken and some drinks it will be just what I was looking for!

For our last night we have House of Blues booked. We just always love the ambiance here , the beer and the lobster mac and cheese!

It will be nice just to walk back to our room at Saratoga Springs after each of these meals vs waiting for a bus!

Last edited:

Disney's Vero Beach Resort update June 15

This morning the first guests arrived at Disney's HHI and Vero Beach Resorts! I read last night that today was going to be the day that I could book Wind and Waves Grill at Disney's Vero Beach Resort so I jumped on Open Table at 7 am this morning and by 7:05 I had booked a 7:30 pm dinner reservation for our only full day and a late 10:45 am breakfast reservation for Day 5. I am so glad that we are able to check out this restaurant!

Someone posted the activities guide on a Vero Beach FB group and it looks like plenty of activities will be offered at VB. Movies on the Green, Scavenger Hunts, pool activities, Community Hall Crafts, Mini Golf, Bikes and beach rentals are all available! They also said that the coffee pot was in the room so i won't have to take my own I guess.

Also... there seems to be no pool limit as of now... but we all know that could change. Groups of chairs are spread out in groups of 2,3 and 4 and are not allowed to be moved. Also ... masks are not required in the pool area as long as you are social distancing!

This is all great news for our 2 nights at Vero Beach! Now... I have to wait a week to hear about WDW updates! Of course... we have masks upon masks upon masks, cans of Lysol, sanitizing wipes, bottles of hand sanitizer and we intend to be as cautious as we can possibly be!

Spirit of the Swamp Airboat Ride

We visit WDW 2 to 3 times a year. We are lucky because our DVC membership makes this quite affordable. DH and saw that our kids were getting very used to Disney and we didn't want them to tire of our magical place. So we haven't had Annual Passes for a a few years now but have still used our points for resort vacations ... sometimes visiting other area attractions. Sure... we contemplated (and I guess more I than we) Universal, Sea World, and Discovery Cove for this trip but we decided against visiting a park for this trip as we feel it is just easier to control our own safety. I really want to take the kids to Universal as they have NEVER been there. It was actually our plan for this Thanksgiving but I don't want their first experience to be anything less than awesome! I guess we can still check out Thanksgiving time for a night... but I will have to read lots of trip reports to see if it is the experience we want.

But... I wanted to do SOMETHING to make this trip special. A few summers ago we enjoyed a cruise from Port of Miami and as our flight left late in the day we booked an Everglades airboat tour. As National Park lovers we were disappointed that we weren't actually in the NP and that the airboat we were on was built for like 40 people. It just wasn't the airboat experience we were looking for... big and kinda boring. So while we are at Saratoga Springs we have a 2 hour airboat tour booked with Spirit of the Swamp. I checked out a few companies but decided on this one based on reviews that I read. Whether we see much wildlife or not it is just something that we really want to do... and this is the perfect time to do it since the parks are closed anyway.

I bought lots of bug spray!

Day 9, 10 and 11... Lunch and Savannah

We are going to play it by ear this morning... maybe the pool? maybe sleep in? maybe pack up and head to Disney Springs for some last minute shopping or the Aerophile ballon at Disney Springs? I have always wanted to ride on that but we never have! This could be the trip to finally do it! I know that they give a $10 off DVC discount before 10 am but I see that it is now opening at 10 am... so that may not help. But according to the DVC member site they give a 20% off discount after 10 am so we could still save a bit of money!

We have an 11:30 am reservation at Frontera Cocina ... another new restaurant for us! I made this reservation on Open Table as well. We love Mexican food and are excited to try this restaurant out before we head out to Savannah for the next two nights!

We hope to be on the road to Savannah, Georgia by 1:30 pm (maybe earlier depending on how long lunch takes and our walk back to SS and hope to arrive at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District/Riverfront for two nights. We have a reservation for dinner at 8:15 pm at River House Seafood.

On day 10... we have a Historic Savannah Walking Tour booked for 9:30 am with Noble Jones Tours. We will meet at the John Wesley Statue in the center of Reynolds Square. It's not a far walk from the hotel.
Lunch is booked at 12:45 am at Vic's on the River and we are hoping to explore more of the city or Tybee Island before our dinner reservation at The Pirates House at 8 pm . It's a quick stay in Savannah but we hope to explore as much as we can in our 1 full day!

Day 11... we are up early to leave on our 12 hour drive home! It would have been great to stop somewhere else for a night on the way home but DH has to return to work the next morning!

Last edited:
Update...canceled Hilton Head!

Wow! What a difference a day can make! Anyone right now will tell you the same thing, of course! I honestly don't think I have EVER changed vacation plans so many times!

Here's the tea! Of course, like everyone here I am addicted to reading everyone else's trip reports and posts about their current stays at Hilton Head and Vero Beach. Last night, I came across a post on the HH thread about the lack of mask wearing on Hilton Head Island, especially by restaurant servers! A few people posted that they estimated the amount of people wearing masks to be around 10%. I don't mind sticking out wearing our masks... but if others aren't wearing a mask we are not protected in return! Now... I know that simply going away from home at this point of 2020 is risky. As I said before, we are planning to be as cautious as possible especially now with the Florida Covid cases on the rise! I am prepared with a bottle of cleaner, lots of hand sanitizer, sanitizing spray (though I would love to find another can or two before we go but that's like a treasure hunt right now) and sanitizing wipes. We have many masks and masks of various styles. If we were staying at Disney's resort where masks are required in all public areas I would be feeling better... but we planned all of this way too late and were unable to secure a reservation there. The idea that someone is going to carry my food across a room while breathing on it or perhaps talking is a vision that I can't get past!

Feeling uneasy... I kept checking the DVC site for additional nights before our already booked nights at Disney's Vero Beach Resort. 1 night available. No nights available. The wrong nights available. ugggg. Then out of the blue around 10:30 pm... boom...... someone must have just canceled and there it was... 2 nights in a studio at VB for the nights we needed! I would have to borrow 28 points (because of course I already banked my points since I didn't count on using anymore before our July 31 banking deadline. I cheerfully told my husband about the available nights and he said..."Book IT!!" So... I did! Done.
So now our road trip has changed once again! I promptly canceled our Omni HH room and sat back proud that we will now be spending 2 more additional nights at one of Disney's resorts! Then it hit me... that's a long drive from PA! We were counting on that HH stay breaking up our drive. So... I quickly went back online and checked availability at our favorite VA beach hotel , the Courtyard by Marriott North and was able to grab a room there! It's only 6 and 1/2 hours from home... but that makes the next days drive around 12 hours so that is better.

Wait... cancel restaurant reservations for HH! CHECK...
Oh and make some additional reservations for Wind and Waves... CHECK!
Ooops... I better change the name of my pre-trip report... take out HH and pop in VA Beach!
Now... I'm DONE!

Wowzer! That was a quick change of plans for a trip happening in just one week!

The final countdown!

We leave for our Disney road trip in just 5 sleeps!
Today, I bought a pair of cute patriotic Minnie ears at Walmart today (we never go to Walmart but I am on a treasure hunt for Lysol!) They cost $5.89 plus tax. They are cute and super fitting since we will be in WDW for 4th of July!

The real deal! Here we go! DAY 1...Virginia Beach
We were out the door this morning by 8 am and dropped our dog,Ellis, off at his Grammas. It is always sad leaving him but he loves being with his Gramma Diane! She Spoils him rotten!
We were in our way to Virginia Beach and ultimately Vero by 9:09 am. We vowed not to make any stops on our way because we didn't want to use any uncleanly restrooms. I always love the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and it was a beautiful sight today after planning vacation after vacation for a year for this summer! 504930
We arrived at our hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott North about 3:15 pm, checked in and brought all of our luggage and cleaning supplies up to our room on the 10th floor. First up... Clean the room! I brought all my own cleaners and felt better about cleaning even if the room was perfectly sanitized earlier today. We love this hotel because all of the rooms are ocean view! Only downfall right now is that the pool is not open but we are only here for 1 night so it's all ok.
After cleaning we walked a few blocks down the Boardwalk to Lager Heads, a restaurant that we ate at last year and loved. We had a great table overlooking the beach and enjoyed our dinner and beers. If you ever find yourself at VA Beach be sure to stop by and enjoy!
We just popped back to the room and our final plans for the day are to walk down the beach with our feet kicking up the Atlantic waters and grab some ice cream at Ben and Jerry's!
Here's a view from our balcony!

Day 2... The Virginia Sunrise
This morning DH and I woke up around 5:15 am and made some bad hotel coffee. We sat on our ocean front balcony and watched as the orange sun poked up from the horizon. Gosh... It was simply stunning! What a light show!
We do love it here but we need to get some real coffee and breakfast and pack up to head out of her for Vero by 8 am.

Hi, I have you moved.
I see you are on your way.
"Orange Sky in morning, Sailor take Warning."
Is it suppose to rain today in Virginia.
I am in Wisconsin and we just came inside to Thunder-it is over 50 miles away, and nothing is on our radar.
Sometimes I think the radar does not pick everything up.

Enjoy your vacation. You should be a TA.

VA Beach is my hometown but we live in Florida now. We have plans to fly there to visit my parents before our disney trip next month. We are going to Vero Beach this weekend since it is close to home. Looks like we will miss you there by a couple of days.

Hi, I have you moved.
I see you are on your way.
"Orange Sky in morning, Sailor take Warning."
Is it suppose to rain today in Virginia.
I am in Wisconsin and we just came inside to Thunder-it is over 50 miles away, and nothing is on our radar.
Sometimes I think the radar does not pick everything up.

Enjoy your vacation. You should be a TA.
Thanks so much! If this teaching gig gets any tougher I night think about that TA job...although I'm not sure their job is any easier right now!
Honestly, I didn't even check the weather in VA before we left but it was beautiful at 8 am when we left!
Still on the road...currently 90 miles from Savannah! 6 hours of driving remaining!

VA Beach is my hometown but we live in Florida now. We have plans to fly there to visit my parents before our disney trip next month. We are going to Vero Beach this weekend since it is close to home. Looks like we will miss you there by a couple of days.
We go to VA Beach often... It's an easy, but long, drive for us and we love the beach and boardwalk there!
We check in to Vero late tonight and will check out on the 3rd before heading to Disney! It's out first time at Vero and we are excited!

Driving ALL DAY LONG and our first look at Disney's Vero Beach resort in the light! WOW! I'm not going to lie...that was a long drive! We only stopped twice... Once at the North Carolina welcome center ( morning coffee pee🙃) and once at a Cracker Barrel just outside of Savannah.
At the rest area we were greeted in the bathroom with 3 older women who refused wearing masks and proudly told others how ridiculous it is to wear one. Not my cup of tea. I am trying to protect others wearing a mask...and I am simply aggravated that others don't do the same for me!
We drove and we drove.. And we drove. DD had a zoom meeting for her high school matching band and at least that til up some of our time...ok...like a half hour! We passed the South of the Border tourist attractions and we cheered as we passed over each state border! We were definitely getting closer!
We stopped at 3:30 for linner at Cracker Barrel and it was quite empty at that time. The rooms...5 families and we were all seated in the same general area 5-6 get apart. But why not spread people out of you can?
We kept driving and driving. Oh my, it felt like forever. Them the clouds got dark...the bolts of lightening began and the rain was so hard you couldn't see the road. Aaaaahhhhh. And just like that the rain stopped and a rainbow appeared. Beautiful. A reminder to us all that at the end of the storm there is a rainbow.
We finally pulled into Disney's Vero Beach resort at 9:43 pm... One of us had to mask up and go to the lobby to check in and we were off to unload, clean out room.
It was 11 pm when I finally laid my head on the pillow. I was so tired. Sleep didn't come easy for me...and I don't know why but it didn't matter cone 5:19 am when I decided to just get ready and go out to the beach.
It was our first look at the resort in the light! Just wow!
Gotta go get ready for the beach!

Attachments

• ABB24F14-C4F2-4DDF-8D68-0EC5A96F843A.jpeg
    ABB24F14-C4F2-4DDF-8D68-0EC5A96F843A.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2
Good morning! Looking forward to your report of Vero Beach! We loved our stays there!. We really enjoyed renting bikes and riding the Jungle Trail, and the pool and beach and the Green Cabin room! Hope you had a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter